426 (edited by Gunner 2014-01-25 00:24:53)

Re: Poll: The "followbot" mechanic

Yeah... a lot of people dont participate in the forums because the forums are full of #$%%^

DEV Zoom wrote:
Jita wrote:

Also what the *** is the point in setting up a poll if you do it regardless of opinion and close it before everyone votes?

The poll was running for 2 weeks, like every poll so far. I think that's ample time for everyone to make up their minds.

Ok, while we're at it, let's clear this up: when we do a poll, it's a survey, not a binding democratic vote. We value your feedback, but that's only something that we *consider* when making our decisions. Even if the poll results would have been 90% rejecting a nerf, we would have still thought about doing it, but it would have indicated a much larger backlash of course.

(Btw that's pretty much why we don't allow player-created polls...)

That is pretty true, you guys do whatever you want.

I think you go to the bar, put ideas on a dartboard, close your eyes and start throwing.

429 (edited by Grond 2014-01-25 00:42:08)

Is there really a point in discussing this? since the devs obviously have decided and just make these discussions as a joke to make it look like they are working with the community?
Cause they knew it would be equal forces striving for both goals? Making their choice look like a tie breaker fuuu

Make ur choices secretly, throw them in patches and let us beta test this game for another 3 years.
Hopefully something better shows up so we all can move on. yarr

Sure there is, I bet every 10 pages or so they get some actual valuable insight into things. They just have to read through the 9 pages of pointless whiny, crying to get there....

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

I heard the popular thing to do when someone argues why your idea is bad, is to throw a hissy fit and go into butthurt emo mode.

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

Ok, at least we know now. Thank you for an answer.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Ok, while we're at it, let's clear this up: when we do a poll, it's a survey, not a binding democratic vote. We value your feedback, but that's only something that we *consider* when making our decisions. Even if the poll results would have been 90% rejecting a nerf, we would have still thought about doing it, but it would have indicated a much larger backlash of course.

(Btw that's pretty much why we don't allow player-created polls...)

Also premium good stuff to know hmm

I don't like the way you plan handling the followbot nerf. It seems like the only purpose for this nerf is balancing pvp. Yet being unable to follow locked targets, you're pretty much crippling pve and making it more annoying.

Why not only disable follow mechanic on pvp flagged bots?

Why break something which was not broken ? seriously >_<

Focus your efforts on PVE to retain new players !

This is not our focus, overall development time for this has been less than a day. People just blow this way out of proportion.

Its being blown out of proportion because no one wants it to happen but a hand full of individuals.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Heliaso wrote:

Why break something which was not broken ? seriously >_<

Focus your efforts on PVE to retain new players !

+1

Ville wrote:

Its being blown out of proportion because no one wants it to happen but a hand full of individuals.

Just because you do not WANT it to happen. Doesn't mean it isn't good for the game to be done. ex, Spark teleport nerf, gamma reset, epriton removal from gamma, assignment rework, Distress beacon nerf. The list goes on and on.....

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Spark Teleport thread was a troll, it needs to stay, wink

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

I'm excited.  I can finally just run one account and have tons of fun!

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

So what happened Zoom, 'Cold Feet' ?

RIP PERPETUUM

442 (edited by Rage Rex 2014-01-27 19:58:54)

If he goes through with it he should table until AFTER Steam. The rediculous Follow "abuse" argument will be even more irrelevant with Steam population. This is a low population tactic (and its not abuse in my opinion anyway).

Zoom, if you do Nerf Follow, the very least you can do is reset NEXUS and Remote Related EP.

Those skills are still useful, but in a completely different and/or limited way now. Anyone still wanting them can easily skill them back up. But many, especially those like me--with high points in NEXUS and other Remote abilities concentrated on one account--would prefer to have the option to choose a different path. It's only fair given this is a THREE YEAR OLD ABILITY.

I'll still use some of the good NEXUS skills, but on primary combat accounts, not support accounts. Isn't that how you want us to play your game Zoom? Take the sting out...

Objections from Burial, Line, Shadow in ...3...2...1

Celebro wrote:

So what happened Zoom, 'Cold Feet' ?

Nothing happened, it's not finished yet because we're mainly working on the tutorial.

Rage Rex wrote:

If he goes through with it he should table until AFTER Steam. The rediculous Follow "abuse" argument will be even more irrelevant with Steam population. This is a low population tactic (and its not abuse in my opinion anyway).

Zoom, if you do Nerf Follow, the very least you can do is reset NEXUS and Remote Related EP.

Those skills are still useful, but in a completely different and/or limited way now. Anyone still wanting them can easily skill them back up. But many, especially those like me--with high points in NEXUS and other Remote abilities concentrated on one account--would prefer to have the option to choose a different path. It's only fair given this is a THREE YEAR OLD ABILITY.

I'll still use some of the good NEXUS skills, but on primary combat accounts, not support accounts. Isn't that how you want us to play your game Zoom? Take the sting out...

Objections from Burial, Line, Shadow in ...3...2...1

Just enjoying the tears. cool

But seriously, -1 on Ep reset

Rage Rex wrote:

No EP reset, I never got reset when they nerfed Industry.

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:
Rage Rex wrote:

Was that the one skill, recycle from 3% to 2% or something like that. maybe two skills, remind me? Or was it about 12 skills?

447 (edited by Celebro 2014-01-27 20:26:51)

Rage Rex wrote:
Celebro wrote:
Rage Rex wrote:

Was that the one skill, recycle from 3% to 2% or something like that. maybe two skills, remind me? Or was it about 12 skills?

Not sure how many. Nearly all Industry extension were nerfed at high levels, I had it most at 10, alt is not subbed.

RIP PERPETUUM

This might make the 90 % of those useless modules, more useful?

Pull a tuner and put in a nexus.  Its a crazy thought I know.

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

Merkle wrote:

This might make the 90 % of those useless modules, more useful?

Pull a tuner and put in a nexus.  Its a crazy thought I know.

+1 Who could have ever thought of that?

RIP PERPETUUM

So apparently disabling follow in PvP disables nexuses, RSAs, and RRs?

All these mods still work exactly the same. You simply have to manage the bot they are on.
Surely this deserves all the crying its getting because of this.

However, I would change it to locking a target stops the approach command.
The same advantage this applies to multiboxing PvP is also in multiboxing PvE.
However leave the approach command in otherwise. You need it when travelling and its helpful to approach objects.

I'd prefer it wasn't changed, but it's not my game.

And Gunner, your "workaround" of following a detector or whatever, wouldn't work if locking stops approach and you are doing any of the RSAs RRs, or ETs.

Rex, anyone who had a prototyper or or researcher NOT on their main production account received a huge nerf without EP compensation ... I'm pretty sure you can still fit your log bot EXACTLY the ssme way with the same abilities as before, you just need to drive him differently.