401 (edited by Hunter 2014-01-24 04:02:02)

Re: Poll: The "followbot" mechanic

Lemon wrote:
Hunter wrote:

You talking about large groups PvP. Yes, there wont be a big problem with followbot users. But how about small groups? Is this normal if a whole concept of min-PvP will be shifted to multiaccount players?..

20 Robots on the field 10vs10

10 Players play their 10 robots vs 5-7 playing 10. YOU TELL ME THE ODDS, My team of 10 players will win everytime, hell I would go as far to say my multi-box team will win everytime vs 10 players.

Sheep are sheep wolves are wolves

Their is no denying that a NEW player has a 2-5 months buffer to be able to go and fight Vet's. Mutliboxing has nothing to do with this.

I built a US tz for my next sandbox to play with the EU one I found here. Question is what game that will be

How about 10 ppl in 10 robots, playing against 10 ppl in 20-25 robots? Or 1 ppl in 1 robot vs 1 ppl in 3 robots?

P.S. I can't get it: do you really not understand the point or you do not want to understand it?

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

402 (edited by Lemon 2014-01-24 04:21:16)

But Hunter, that is a extreme case. If I go to PvP as 10 Players in 10 Bots I will never know how many enemies I will ever face, unless I have spy.

That is a large part of the risk of going to PvP. Howevera Little can go a long way.  ;D

Edit: I dont have the original so flavor text included. Context is I camped there for 3 days before 20+ Mechs/HM's finally said hello

@Zoom

I believe you can code 1 rule to fix all of this, take your combat status and code it to disable approach in combat.

*Combat needs to be Applied in a radius around 'combat active' robots*

Undefeated 2013
"Even alone you probably are one of the best" - Khader Khan
"Lemon the 1 man army .... also know as: THE TERMINATOR!" - Obi Wan
"There are people who are just better then you at doing many things at one time, some are far better then myself, far better." -Merkle

403 (edited by Hunter 2014-01-24 05:55:14)

Lemon wrote:

But Hunter, that is a extreme case. If I go to PvP as 10 Players in 10 Bots I will never know how many enemies I will ever face, unless I have spy.

That is a large part of the risk of going to PvP. Howevera Little can go a long way.  ;D

Edit: I dont have the original so flavor text included. Context is I camped there for 3 days before 20+ Mechs/HM's finally said hello

@Zoom

I believe you can code 1 rule to fix all of this, take your combat status and code it to disable approach in combat.

*Combat needs to be Applied in a radius around 'combat active' robots*

This is not extreme case. This is natural thing in perpetuum. We often have equal ppl numbers, but enemies uses followbots everytime just because of this is way to win. Tommorow will come newbies. Both factions will start recruiting. And what? i should order the newbies to start pay second account else they wont have a chance in PvP?..

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

404 (edited by Grond 2014-01-24 12:57:29)

Make it so only 1 perp client can be open at any given time. Equal playing field for every one yarr

When ppl dont use followbots in pvp anymore its the group whit the most mining/indy characthers that wins because if they multibox mine with 3x the amount of chars that means they mine 3x the amount of mins, that causes them to be able to die twice as often. and if they only kill 1 bot for every bot they still win in the end because of the multiboxing mining fleets.

So why only affect the actual fight when there is a bigger picture when the game is a sanbox?

Grond wrote:

Make it so only 1 perp client can be open at any given time. Equal playing field for every one yarr

When ppl dont use followbots in pvp anymore its the group whit the most mining/indy characthers that wins because if they multibox mine with 3x the amount of chars that means they mine 3x the amount of mins, that causes them to be able to die twice as often. and if they only kill 1 bot for every bot they still win in the end because of the multiboxing mining fleets.

So why only affect the actual fight when there is a bigger picture when the game is a sanbox?

+1 Limit clients open per account to 1

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men
http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=agent-his … mp;month=7 Best month 104 to 1 k/d

Grond wrote:

Difference is - you don't use a follow to mine, you use it to get on the field.

Again, it's not multiaccounting thread, it's follow mechanics thread.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Lobo wrote:

+1 Limit clients open per account to 1

very funny statement

Line wrote:
Grond wrote:

Difference is - you don't use a follow to mine, you use it to get on the field.

Again, it's not multiaccounting thread, it's follow mechanics thread.

It's a follow mechanic thread to nerf multi accounting that will effect PVP.

Lobo: Limiting Clients to 1 account would be ideal but impossible. Players will find way around any restrictions imposed.

RIP PERPETUUM

My point is why nerf an aspect of the game when u dont nerf everybody equal?

The only point is that then u acctually have to pve in groups? Or is PvE counting as a solo activity? when almost every one here that has a alt uses it to do PvE with?

This isnt a issue because its only against NPCs? What if the NPCs should start complaining because they only can use 1 bot each. And a player can use 2,3,4 bots against them for convenience?

Celebro wrote:

Lobo: Limiting Clients to 1 account would be ideal but impossible. Players will find way around any restrictions imposed.

Virtual machines anyone?

When I farm npc's I never use the follow command. For my hauler, my combat, or my logi. Not sure how you do it.

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

Relevant: http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … -up-again/

413 (edited by Rage Rex 2014-01-25 11:41:04)

Shadowmine wrote:

When I farm npc's I never use the follow command. For my hauler, my combat, or my logi. Not sure how you do it.

So you are still able to pay2win.

414 (edited by Gunner 2014-01-24 22:02:07)

Dev Zoom,

Ok, so I assign the task to one person to drive a bot around that is maybe a detector.  Everyone else can follow him with their RSA'a Reps  Nexusses   etc.

The leash guy never aggresses anything.

There, I broke it.

GG

Instead of "follow the leader" we play "follow the detector"

or the leash guy is a primary Nexus bot or something.

smile  smile

how about everyone uses the auto-pilot   //  auto route and you can get a radar full of pings!!

smile

416 (edited by Grond 2014-01-24 22:26:28)

This dosnt affect the players that really want to multibox and actually do it because it make the game  more challenging and more fun to them, it just makes them search for the tools for it out of game, and those tools are a lot more powerful than the simple follow mechanic.

And whats the point of a vote for a decision that ends on a 50/50 standstill when the devs just do what they want anyway.

Hmm, i remember a mining patch in the early days that made one of the first exoduses from the game, then it was the insurance fraud that was ok until the devs decided it wasnt ok. then we have walls, probes.

one of the big things that has driven away many players is the devs ignorance and "its our game, we dont care" mentality.

and a ep reset would be in its place

Hi Rory.

You see, you always bust yourself.

Martha Stuart wrote:
Celebro wrote:

Virtual machines anyone?

This change is *** and limits the pvp toolbox down two essentially two cookiecutter set ups for heavies in a fight.

Also what the *** is the point in setting up a poll if you do it regardless of opinion and close it before everyone votes?

Just when i thought the game is making progress.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

419 (edited by Burial 2014-01-24 23:05:47)

Jita wrote:

This change is *** and limits the pvp toolbox down two essentially two cookiecutter set ups for heavies in a fight.

... and makes the game more fair for people not willing to dish out the €/other reasons to get a follow bot.

Can mechanic change like that really cause that much uproar? All that it does is discourage excessive follow-bot issue we have now in PVP. Some people will use ISBoxer, most of the players won't, but that's unrelated right now.

420 (edited by Grond 2014-01-24 23:24:11)

Burial wrote:

... and makes the game more fair for people not willing to dish out the €/other reasons to get a follow bot.

This dosnt make sense since u still will have ur advantage with 10 alts doing mining/pve fuuu

Jita wrote:

Also what the *** is the point in setting up a poll if you do it regardless of opinion and close it before everyone votes?

The poll was running for 2 weeks, like every poll so far. I think that's ample time for everyone to make up their minds.

Grond wrote:
Burial wrote:

This dosnt make sense since u still will have ur advantage with 10 alts doing mining/pve fuuu

Do pvper's just pvp and buy bots from market?

RIP PERPETUUM

So a story:
Inda went to Initia with Arbalest Mk2 with alone,
Chemist come with his Baphomet Mk2 AND his Riveler (XUM) follow to Chemist.

Inda left the battlefield.

But maybe we SHOULD wait a bit about this change, I can live with the ACTUAL state.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

DEV Zoom wrote:
Jita wrote:

The poll was running for 2 weeks, like every poll so far. I think that's ample time for everyone to make up their minds.

I far prefer your reason that it's ultimately your decision anyway.

Polls are a joke. My five accounts never voted and I'm obviously opinionated on the matter.

Yeah....  you all have like 5+ accounts each as I do.

Stop blowing smoke.

Burial wrote:
Jita wrote:

Can mechanic change like that really cause that much uproar? All that it does is discourage excessive follow-bot issue we have now in PVP. Some people will use ISBoxer, most of the players won't, but that's unrelated right now.