Topic: Gama Lag

When ever our corp donations folder gets full the entire corp folder/ personal folder lag starts.  When I take all the beacon loot out of the folder and repair/stack it.  The lag seems to disapear.  Several of my members have noticed this.  Didn't we have some sort of plan on stacking broken items in folders?   reds, yellow, and white stacks?  Seems that would fix alot of this lag.

Re: Gama Lag

What do you mean by "gets full"?

Could we all each have our own server for Gamma please?

DEV Zoom wrote:

What do you mean by "gets full"?

Um loaded with 100s if not 1000s of items ?

5 (edited by Jasdemi 2014-01-22 11:31:45)

Zoom, there were about 3k damaged mods from beacons in that starage corp folder. Not only was this one folder lagging like ***, but so did the whole corporation storage.

It took 3 whole minutes to move all the items to personal storage and another couple minutes to recycle/repair.

Throughout the years people have suggested to split damaged mods into 3 stackable categories. Red(25% durability), Yellow(50% durability), White(75% durability).

Don't have to be a genius to assume that this is pretty stressful for the server which will have an even bigger impact when(if) more players join the game.

6 (edited by Burial 2014-01-22 12:18:06)

There seems to be a breaking point of how many different item stacks you should have in any folder before it lags you out severely.

For example, before fixing field containers, players used to crash every time they had about 2200-2400U of stuff in it so we lost multiple field containers of loot that way(before we learned and it got fixed lol). I'm not sure exactly on how many different item stacks that is but I'm quite sure you will atleast lag yourself severely out if you have similar amounts in any folder. Now, if you have a bloated folder in your corporation storage, it might slow your whole corporation storage down easily. Split your loot to different folders, repair them regularly and so on(until they implement the 25-50-75 system)!