Topic: Instant terrain locking

In anticipation of the gamma terraforming changes we will make it so that locking a terrain tile will happen instantly. This should make single-tile terraforming less painful.

Obviously this also affects mining and harvesting, but there is no real reason to keep you waiting to lock a terrain tile that doesn't shoot back, so in this aspect this is also an indy boost.

UPDATE (based on feedback):

We won't do this. Yet. I still have a feeling that you will want it sooner or later. Testing will decide I guess.

2 (edited by Burial 2014-01-22 01:19:45)

Re: Instant terrain locking

Affects interference probes too. cool Either way I like it.

Awesome. My multi-account miners are even more OP.

4 (edited by Gunner 2014-01-22 05:58:13)

OH YEAH BABY

more efficient plants stuff!!

Burial wrote:

Affects interference probes too. cool Either way I like it.

ah dam took words right out of my mouth

5 (edited by Gunner 2014-01-22 06:02:29)

We cant have assaulting single tilers instant locking ground after they are jammed and suppressed.

I hope you understand that is super super OP.

I have a jammer but it doesnt matter because targets have instant relock.

bad bad       please consider what I am saying before you do this.

Perhaps if players are being aggressed they dont have instant lock  ????

EWAR turrets stop single tilers?  nope they have instant relock

DEV Zoom wrote:

In anticipation of the gamma terraforming changes we will make it so that locking a terrain tile will happen instantly. This should make single-tile terraforming less painful.

Obviously this also affects mining and harvesting, but there is no real reason to keep you waiting to lock a terrain tile that doesn't shoot back, so in this aspect this is also an indy boost.

6 (edited by OptiKhan 2014-01-22 06:07:37)

This would mean that a terraforming breach team would be completely unaffected by ECMs while terraforming their sapping into a gamma base.  This is a bad change or it needs to be reworked on some level, such as reverting back to a timer system if aggressed by PC / NPC modules or TURRETS!!

Zoom  - you MUST understand that terraforming WILL ABSOLUTELY be used offensively and defensively in active gamma warfare situations.

Some people play checkers, some play chess...  Once in a while you can find a guy playing GO.  The former is prey, the secondary is a teacher, and the latter is a general.

OptiKhan wrote:

Zoom  - you MUST understand that terraforming WILL ABSOLUTELY be used offensively and defensively in active gamma warfare situations.

I understand you rather ECM a terraforming enemy and let it stand there doing its thing instead of shooting it?

Yes, there where a lot cases when a enemy terraformer can be easier jammed than shot at.
BTW thats what EW turrets do and why they where once very useful to defend base.

9 (edited by Gunner 2014-01-22 07:40:12)

Dev Zoom,

Ewar and spacebar pewpew are both part of offensive and defensive PvP.

I am shocked that you would even make that statement.

facepalm

DEV Zoom wrote:
OptiKhan wrote:

I understand you rather ECM a terraforming enemy and let it stand there doing its thing instead of shooting it?

The thing with a sandbox, ZOOM!!!, is that you want to be able to various things with the tools the devs give you, not be nerf'd and buffed by the Devs who obviously don't even play the game or they would instantly recognize the folly in this game mechanic change.

Some people play checkers, some play chess...  Once in a while you can find a guy playing GO.  The former is prey, the secondary is a teacher, and the latter is a general.

11 (edited by Gunner 2014-01-22 07:44:12)

The idea is cool other then the teams of unjammable single tilers that are going to be everywhere.

Cameleon  - nerfed, ineffective
Zenith - nerfed, ineffective
Vaga - nerfed, ineffective
EW Turrets - nerfed, ineffective

There has to be some thought put in to these game breaking ideas.

DEV Zoom wrote:
OptiKhan wrote:

Zoom like I said in my other post you need to come and be a ghost in anyones fleet to understand the mechanics of whats going on in your game.

We had a 12 hour fight with STC (base to base) on xiantor they were putting up mud walls and hiding behind them to make another set of mudwall during this time they were using maskers and a masking tower we couldn't see them they couldn't use single tiles while e-wared out. The only way we stopped there advance was e-waring and putting agents in terraforming path. Also there are problems with elevation and the enemy have cover to hide behind making "shooting the terraformer" an impossible task. Please get a GM in here to play your game before you break it again or ride alone with peoples fleet in your ghost bot.

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men
http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=agent-his … mp;month=7 Best month 104 to 1 k/d

13 (edited by Inda 2014-01-22 09:18:40)

Yes that is bad for Terraforming warfare now, but if you cant terraform "wall" beacuse of "slope" there wont bee too much problem, but still bad idea to instant lock anything.

This is a PRINCIPLE here ingame, dont change. You can use 2 amplifier to the terrafromer robot and boom 3 sec, and had no problem beacsue you also can 4 tile locked

FUUUUUUUUUUUU

Pls tell me us what was the goal, just to be esiest the single tile terraforming?

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

-1 bad idea. for above reasons given

First I thought "NICE!!!", then I read peoples argument and I went "BAD!!!"...

Just like the follow bot nerf:

PvP: non-instant lock
non-PvP: instant lock

Seems like a good idea but its not.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

18 (edited by Burial 2014-01-22 12:05:29)

I thought defensive and offensive terraforming is getting a nerf?

If that is the case and new terraforming system will be built so it's not used extensively in Gamma warfare then I don't really see the big problem with this idea.

With current terraforming mechanics, it's a game breaking yes.

DEV Zoom wrote:
OptiKhan wrote:

zoom.
terraformer have the ability to terraform, that means they usully first terraform their own cover. after that they can move forward while staying in their own generated cover. so if you cant ecm/supress them they will be (they already are) too overpowerd in offensive terraforming. even more with your proposed changes for the future.

this will only work if you also bring in long promised changes to protect your bases with anti terraforming mechanics as well.

regards
zort

Zortarg Calltar wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:
OptiKhan wrote:

zoom.
terraformer have the ability to terraform, that means they usully first terraform their own cover. after that they can move forward while staying in their own generated cover. so if you cant ecm/supress them they will be (they already are) too overpowerd in offensive terraforming. even more with your proposed changes for the future.

this will only work if you also bring in long promised changes to protect your bases with anti terraforming mechanics as well.

regards
zort

No Zort... It seem we must protect the islands 24/7. Turrets? Turrets should be nothing more than destroyable targets.

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

Too much things affected. -2

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

This logic reminds me of the logic where the fix for afk-scarab miners is to make all bots disappear in 2 minutes no matter what.

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

The idea from harvesting and mining perspective isn't bad at all but we should wait a little and see how the terraforming issue resolves before deciding anything here.

24 (edited by Rage Rex 2014-01-22 14:57:31)

DEV Zoom wrote:
OptiKhan wrote:

neutral

If this is how you value ewar ..I'm at a loss for how you could be making decisions on it. I hope there are other Devs considering the ewar issues that simply do not give us voice on the forums. You guys have such a fantastic game but sometimes I'm simply perplexed by the things you say in representation of this game, Dev Zoom.

I suppose it must take considerable patience to listen to us gripe about things you created. I hope your game works out. I really do.

Your game.

DEV Zoom wrote:
OptiKhan wrote:

*facepalm*