1 (edited by Celebro 2014-01-12 21:21:29)

Topic: Why do I loose relations when I abort missions?

DevBlog wrote:

Chained bonuses and penalties
A brand new feature coming with this system is the concept of reward multipliers and penalties.
You can get a positive bonus by successfully completing assignments one after another without failing. The bonus means an increasing multiplier to the NIC and relation rewards of the assignments, so with every successful assignment, you’ll get increasingly larger rewards for your next assignments than you would normally get. However, if you fail to do just one assignment and break the chain (by aborting it or letting it expire), the multiplier will immediately fall back to zero.
Likewise, you can also get a negative bonus. If you keep aborting assignments one after the other, you’ll get an ever increasing negative multiplier to the rewards of your next assignment. Like in the case of the positive bonus, it is enough to complete just one assignment to get the reward multiplier back to normal. (After you get your reduced reward for that one of course.)
These bonuses are not global: every location, level, and category combo (so simply said: a box) has its own bonus tracker. Both positive and negative bonuses will have an expiration time, so they will slowly crawl back to the zero point if you don’t touch that box for some time (technically after their last bonus update).

I read this: it does not say I loose standings/relation to a particular faction by just failing/aborting, it just says I loose multiplier bonus.

So please Zoom, explain.

RIP PERPETUUM

Re: Why do I loose relations when I abort missions?

Because that's how it's always been and the new system didn't change it.

Oh well, I thought changes replaced old system, relation loss is pretty harsh now, before you lost per corporation which meant not much faction loss.

Also, once you click on the box/picture to generate an assignment you are fully committed to it, without any chance to accept it first. I know why you have done it that way. but it is confusing when or where in the process you get committed to the assignment.

RIP PERPETUUM

Oh btw I would prefer to do mining missions randomly , but there is only one option: Industrial missions. Not sure if this will go well with newer players.

This also gives you manufacturing mission which is very confusing for new players you need decoders and there are none on alpha1s available to buy, it also takes a long time to complete 1.5 hrs for Reverse engineering then factory time, if you only want to do non combat mission u are left with transports for a while. Some combat may be involved during manufacturing (whilst you pick random stuff) which is rather confusing, if the whole point of industrial mission is to avoid combat.

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:

Also, once you click on the box/picture to generate an assignment you are fully committed to it, without any chance to accept it first. I know why you have done it that way. but it is confusing when or where in the process you get committed to the assignment.

Why is it done that way? I found it out the hard way that once you click you have accepted the assignment and you need to rock and roll immediately. So far I have not failed any, but you really have to be prepared.

Can we separate mining/harvesting missions from manufacturing?

+1

The missions should be spread into as many categories as possible.

Currently we don't have enough missions to do that. Stage 2 will solve this.