1 (edited by Shadowmine 2014-01-03 23:05:11)

Topic: Curious how the sap times were changed?

So I am curious how the sap timers were changed today? Some of my sap times were off after the server went down. I thought if a sap came up during server downtime it got a new time, but these seem to have just been delayed by some amount of time? Is this how it always is or did I miss something? Kinda screwed things up at Kara and Brighstone today, would at least like to know for future reference.

Edit: Brighstone was hit 25 minutes after it should have been over, and kara sap ended 40 minutes after it should have.

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

Re: Curious how the sap times were changed?

Four intrusions were starting between 20 and 21 hours today. The server went down at 20:30 so even though some of them started, they didn't finish. All 4 have been restarted after the server came back up.

It wasn't always like this, this is a relatively new feature that we can start them manually (since November or so?). Usually we try to pick an intrusion free window for the downtime when this isn't necessary, but today we were in a hurry.

In the future, those sap times need to be re-rolled into the next 8-16hr window. Arbitrarily resetting times is crap. When I scan a sap time I should be assured of the time being accurate and shouldn't be screwed because I wasn't the first guy to log back in to the server after the restart.

Its never a great situation, but at least everyone has a chance to get a new time and show up 8 hrs later. Not the case when you do what was done.

-1 to the new ability you have to do whatever you did.....

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Only fair thing to do is reset those OPs to 100 on past owners. While at it just also explode all the assets inmy inventory and remove all my ewar related EP

Sparking to other games

When we didn't do this, the complaint was that the SAPs skipped a beat, there was no loot container and stability didn't increase either. Half an hour of delay is still much closer to the original flow of things than skipping an intrusion entirely and waiting for the next random one.

6 (edited by Shadowmine 2014-01-04 00:47:20)

Ok, so I am asking is this now how it will always be done? I don't care how you are going to do it. It just will need to be consistent. The previous way at least had that.

What if the server was down for 2 hours? Are you just pushing any saps that happen during down time back and have all of them all open as soon as the server comes back on?

Is there any amount of delay between when the server comes back up and when the saps open?

If there was an hour until a sap opens, but then server goes down. Is there going to be an hour until the sap opens once the server comes back up?

And if the sap was halfway done, will it be halfway done when the server restarts? Or will it get reset 8-16 hrs later? Or will it get restarted once server restarts.

Or is this just gonna be some random thing where we will have no way of knowing and we just have to hope it never happens during some critical sap?

When the server goes down the intrusions end prematurely (cancelled), there are no halfway SAPs, and they can only start again from the very beginning, which happens full manually at our discretion.

What happened today is rather the exception than the rule, as said. We don't put scheduled downtimes over intrusion times, and if we have longer downtimes lasting several hours then we usually turn off intrusion time generation for that period. But when we have to do an emergency restart (which doesn't take more than an hour) then this will always be like this, since noone expected that the intrusions won't happen. So they do happen, with a slight delay.

Ok. So just so I make sure I got this right.

Normal scheduled maintenance events are not scheduled during sap times, and if prolonged downtimes are expected you cancel intrusion time generation. (Meaning any saps that would come up during that time will get a new 8-16hr time upon server restart.)

But in the cases like today or emergency restarts, any saps that were happening or happen during downtime must be re-scanned with intrusion charges for a new time upon the restart of the server? As you are being purposely vague on exactly how long a "slight delay" is.

Ok, I got it. But I am still not a fan. It kinda forces people to wait around for the servers to come back up for fear of missing a sap. And it can get kinda confusing for people to know if downtime was scheduled or not. And as such, which rules of intrusion times to apply. Just my 2 cents.

Welp, Zoom clearly asked you guys in GC what you wanted to do.

You guys said its cool.

We were there.  You were there.  What was the misunderstanding?

Shadowmine wrote:

Ok, I got it. But I am still not a fan. It kinda forces people to wait around for the servers to come back up for fear of missing a sap. And it can get kinda confusing for people to know if downtime was scheduled or not. And as such, which rules of intrusion times to apply. Just my 2 cents.

I'll try to remember the next time this happens to write "Interrupted intrusions will restart after the server opens." into the server status message.

DEV Zoom wrote:
Shadowmine wrote:

I'll try to remember the next time this happens to write "Interrupted intrusions will restart after the server opens." into the server status message.

Don't beat yourself up zoom they are in Blueball mode any how. Not showing and not giving fights is the new way to win Perp if you haven't heard.

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men
http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=agent-his … mp;month=7 Best month 104 to 1 k/d

Show me on the doll where the bad man...

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

No one cares about useless Beta islands, lol words from your own corp mates.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.