1 (edited by Arga 2014-01-09 19:34:04)

Topic: Revolt!!

Basic idea: Nia natives have figured out a way to shut down part of the core Teleport system and hack some terminals/outposts.

Result: 4 Islands have become isolated from the rest of Nia, (1) Alpha II Island, (2) Beta II Islands, and (1) Gamma Island.

Game Play: The only way into the (4) Islands is via SpT, all existing inventories are inaccessable, and there are only a few basic T1 items in the AII market place.

Any player is allowed to set an SpT to the AII outpost, but all they will have when they arrive is a free arhke.

Players/corporations will have to hack open the teleports to the connected beta and then to the gamma island, to get the resources they need to activate the main TP system and reconnect this area to the rest of Nia.

While EP, Skills, and prototype knowledge will go with the SpT characters, they will have no existing materials, cores, modules, or bots.

How long will it take our agents to recover this lost section of Nia!

----

I was thinking this morning about the GAP, Lemon's post about billions of units of ore and 1000's of bots. How fun would it be to have to 'start over' without actually having to start over. Would anyone want the challenge of having to mine with arhkes, be excited again about getting a mech core, and want the drama of having only (2) beta outposts to fight over?

2 (edited by Celebro 2014-01-09 19:49:47)

Re: Revolt!!

I hope you mean new islands not existing ones (I don't want to loose my stuff stacked on alpha2s), but the idea is sound, as far as closing the GAP. Here is an example where it closes the GAP well because assets are far more important than EP, and it gives players a challenge.

Edit: These type of game-play can be introduced with instances pretty easily. They can also add something similar but more PVE orientated too.

RIP PERPETUUM

3 (edited by Burial 2014-01-09 19:44:20)

I would love some idea of completely new island, something that would shield the players there from the amass of wealth veterans have gathered - something like Wormholes in EVE for example. Perhaps even with terminals with no ownership mechanics etc.

4 (edited by Arga 2014-01-09 19:45:09)

Celebro wrote:

I hope you mean new islands not existing ones (I don't want to loose my stuff stacked on alpha2s), but the idea is sound, as far as closing the GAP. Here is an example where it closes the GAP well because assets are far more important than EP, and it gives players a challenge.

it would have to be existing, too much dev work for new. I'm not going to suggest which ones, because I don't know who owns what and I don't want this to turn into a f*ck STC thing.

But no, I wouldn't want anyone to lose stuff either, technically it wouldn't be gone just locked away, but maybe something can be done to move everyone's stuff to the nearest Alpha I main outpost.

Edit: I too would LOVE to see these as new, but the devs need to be fixing and improving the game. Again, don't want people to say 'no' to this because they want devs working on ISSUE X instead.

Hell yeah should happen!

Maybe in new islands.
I already pointed out similiar ideas, I will try to find it.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Temporary cutted off islands sounds fine. However, that shouldn't happen too often, and there should be a way to break the blockade.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

I told something similiar in this topic:

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … xperience/

Inda wrote:

I try to explain my idea.

I will tell you a story beacuse it is more understandable that way.

1. Step:
The DEVs stand up a teleport and a reactor to Attalica. There will be defenders by NPC-s. The players task is they need to turn off the reactor. When they win the battle against Thelodicas they can turn off the teleport. Maybe need 10-20 cycle so dont stop the reactor the 1st time when the players can do this.
Until the reactor is work the Thelodica reincforement will come to defend. When the reactor is turned off they cant come anymore.

2. Step:
The players cant use the teleport until they dont charge up the reactor. So they can charge by energy storage cells or anything they got NIC from Syndicate to do this. (And acchievment when they reach 1000.)
When the reactor is work the players can teleport to the other Island. Whick will be totally new.

And the game will go on again and agin.

2 picture I made for more understanding and some more info.
http://kepfeltoltes.hu/130313/Angol_k_p … es.hu_.png

http://kepfeltoltes.hu/130313/_j_sziget … es.hu_.png

I have more details if anybody interest I will tell.
Such this:
is the beginning for bulding up a Energy Transferer to Earth. So the corporations has incentiveness to build this Transferer.

I am hardly believe this idea. This can help Perpetuum PVE part of. And the players will love this I bet.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

As far as i understand DeV's not interested to create new islands. Their intend in the increasing gaps between existing ones.

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

I liked observer islands @ launch of alpha 2s

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

If you can't beat em.... run, run away.

+1 for "islands for losers"

"...we will take undefended gammas and stations."  -Cassius of STC

Hunter wrote:

As far as i understand DeV's not interested to create new islands. Their intend in the increasing gaps between existing ones.

The Island in the tutorial patch will be a new Island.
or did your incompetent mind trick you into thinking that was an existing island from the screenshot in the latest blog?

Reading this signature fills you with determination.

BeastmodeGuNs wrote:
Hunter wrote:

or did your incompetent mind trick you into thinking that was an existing island from the screenshot in the latest blog?

Really need to lay off the smackshakes, Beast. You're stretching it a bit here. Are you sure you understand what the Devs are actually doing?

No one in game will be able to go to this new island since it does not exist. Its a training area for new players, most games have these. And sorely needed for this game.

Cassius wrote:
BeastmodeGuNs wrote:
Hunter wrote:

Really need to lay off the smackshakes, Beast. You're stretching it a bit here. Are you sure you understand what the Devs are actually doing?

No one in game will be able to go to this new island since it does not exist. Its a training area for new players, most games have these. And sorely needed for this game.

All of us vets know what the work around is to the new island, just creating a new char, HF.

Reading this signature fills you with determination.