226 (edited by Gunner 2014-01-08 18:16:52)

Re: Poll: The "followbot" mechanic

As we stated, the changes need to effect PVE, Indy, and PvP.

not just PvP

all players are part if the war machine in some way

dont single us out

Shadowmine wrote:

Man, you guys are crying a lot about a game mechanics change that you have said won't affect you. Because you guys RSA buddy each other with your ewars and you have dedicated logi pilots... So why all the crying if it isn't going to affect you?

i did not go through all of this threadnought...

but if you want to counter follow bots with a locking mechanic then justblocking the lock of the target you follow will not be enough. plenty of ways around it and easy ones too.

you will block most of it if you block and break any locking while follow is active. that might work...

Gunner wrote:

dont single us out because you are terrible

That is the problem, you guys look at this as some witch hunt against you. It affects us all equally. This is about balancing the game and making it more fun for everyone. And if it helps makes Steam more of a success because of it, we all should be for it.

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

229 (edited by Rex Amelius 2014-01-08 18:18:41)

Shadowmine wrote:

Man, you guys are crying a lot about a game mechanics change that you have said won't affect you. Because you guys RSA buddy each other with your ewars and you have dedicated logi pilots... So why all the crying if it isn't going to affect you?

Apparently tears are what grease Zooms wheels, so I will 'cry' all day in the name of not ruining this game more. Someone may listen. Some will only see their own self interest. Some don't care one way or another. Some don't even have a clue in the first place.

My main gripe is NOT follow nerf, its terrible Developer Decision Making Pattern:
1.) Forum cry on fuzy 'problem'
2.) whacky sideways 'solution' proposed
3.) Forum campaign for whacky sideways 'solution' forgetting original 'problem'
4.) Zoom tear catching bucket reaches it's capacity
5.) Incoming dumb change

Sparking to other games

Gunner wrote:

says the person who doesnt participate

Celebro wrote:

HTFU and adapt.

I will participate more when they nerf follow, see how good the change is lol

RIP PERPETUUM

yeah sorry, that comment was not needed

Shadowmine wrote:
Gunner wrote:

dont single us out because you are terrible

That is the problem, you guys look at this as some witch hunt against you. It affects us all equally. This is about balancing the game and making it more fun for everyone. And if it helps makes Steam more of a success because of it, we all should be for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8dFtxQMXX0

RIP PERPETUUM

233 (edited by Shadowmine 2014-01-08 18:31:38)

Rex Amelius wrote:

Apparently tears are what grease Zooms wheels, so I will 'cry' all day in the name of not ruining this game more. Someone may listen. Some will only see their own self interest. Some don't care one way or another. Some don't even have a clue in the first place.

My main gripe is NOT follow nerf, its terrible Developer Decision Making Pattern:
5.) Incoming dumb change

Then please post a new forum thread about this non relevant topic and leave this feature discussion to the people that care enough about the game to have a reasonable discussion about it. Thanks in advance. big_smile

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Rex Amelius wrote:
Shadowmine wrote:

5.) Incoming dumb change

Well fact must be. The more attention a topic gets on the forum, the bigger the chance is that the devs will do something about it ( spt and follow).

Try to make topics with more important things they should look into. There might be others who have the same feeling. But most people here rather want to troll eachother instead of trying to make the game better for all.

I really hope steam will bring more people with a genuine want to push this game forward, cause a lot of ppl here are stuck in the past.

Rex CassAmelius wrote:

My main gripe is NOT SpT change, its terrible Developer Decision Making Pattern:
5.) Incoming dumb change

+1

If you PVP, this is about PVP.

If you PVE, this is about PVE.

If you scratch your ***, this is about scratching your ***.

We all look at things through our own lens, and then Zoom has to go through and pick out what is what.

And trust me, after taking a small break, you can see right though all the political BS, it sticks out like a sore thumb. 

Good Luck.

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

And if your thumb is sore, its about your thumb.

Arga wrote:

Arga: you are a genius; but left disappointed, I was expecting a wall of well thought out text from you. tongue

RIP PERPETUUM

Zoom very specifically said he is considering making this only about PvP    "PvP flag"

I am here to remind everyone that all players contribute to the PvP machine and should be treated equally and have the same game mechanics at their disposal.

Merkle wrote:

If you PVP, this is about PVP.

If you PVE, this is about PVE.

If you scratch your ***, this is about scratching your ***.

We all look at things through our own lens, and then Zoom has to go through and pick out what is what.

And trust me, after taking a small break, you can see right though all the political BS, it sticks out like a sore thumb. 

Good Luck.

Celebro wrote:
Arga wrote:

Arga: you are a genius; but left disappointed, I was expecting a wall of well thought out text from you. tongue

LOL

I actually did write a wall of text, but deleted it.

No one really cares about the issues, they just care about being right.

Rex Amelius wrote:
Shadowmine wrote:

5.) Incoming dumb change

You just described SpT threadnaught. Funny, isn't it?

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Gunner wrote:

Zoom very specifically said he is considering making this only about PvP    "PvP flag"

I am here to remind everyone that all players contribute to the PvP machine and should be treated equally and have the same game mechanics at their disposal.

Are you sure because it sounds a lot like you are upset with the change  and want to make sure everyone gets *** by a change, because it looks like you are.

Just sour grapes. Stop being bitter. I dont agree with this proposed change and I don't even use follows. But "burn the game" because I am not getting my way is just a kids response.

Power projection SpT thread was on the money.

The other thread had most of the good ideas and thoughts but didnt correctly make it understandable.

Line wrote:
Rex Amelius wrote:
Shadowmine wrote:

5.) Incoming dumb change

You just described SpT threadnaught. Funny, isn't it?

244 (edited by Gunner 2014-01-08 19:52:41)

Changes need to be equal to all players not just the have your cake and eat it too situations.

Where is asking for equal treatment an issue?

lol

All players contribute to the war machine no matter what tasks they are doing.  The follow mechanics makes everyone more efficient.

Everyone must deal with a change not just the flagged people.

asking that everyone has the same mechanics to use in a sandbox isnt burning the game.   

derp

Cassius wrote:
Gunner wrote:

Are you sure because it sounds a lot like you are upset with the change  and want to make sure everyone gets *** by a change, because it looks like you are.

Just sour grapes. Stop being bitter. I dont agree with this proposed change and I don't even use follows. But "burn the game" because I am not getting my way is just a kids response.

Gunner wrote:

The other thread had most of the good ideas and thoughts but didnt correctly make it understandable.

Despite the reasons, the way you've used is exactly the one you're now blaming.

246 (edited by Gunner 2014-01-08 19:54:11)

Im sorry I dont understand what you are saying.

Reasons is balance.

SpT is not "Follow"

its apples and oranges  as we say in the West

Line wrote:
Gunner wrote:

Despite the reasons, the way you've used is exactly the one you're now blaming.

So make the follow command not work when pvp flagged or with a locked target. Does that work for you Gunner?

Shadowmine wrote:

So make the follow command not work when pvp flagged or with a locked target. Does that work for you Gunner?

Both, why not. Hurts PvP and PvE, suits Gunner - hell, the change of dream!

Actually if you really wish to be unbiased in your opinion, this is very similar to the power projection problem.  If I wish and have enough money I can power project all over the place, with unlimited accounts.  There are guys in EVE that do this just for Fun, and it is quite fun to watch.

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

250 (edited by Gunner 2014-01-08 20:02:20)

Flagged or not flagged whatever Zoom decides should apply to all agents in any case.

It is the only fair way to change the mechanic.

Joe miner has just as much effect on the PvP machine as Bill Mesmer guy.  Pedro the 6 sequer guy is very efficient at moving haulers worth of mats to build PvP bots.

We are all equal.