Re: Restrict Ability to Delete Gamma Assets Under Seige

Hunter wrote:

...it seem there are people who not understand the problem of assets in MMO. I'll try to explain once. If you will cry about saving the assets - this will be your problem. If the DeV's will implement what did you ask - this will be not only yout, but also their and server problem. So...

The player's side (i mean all players summary) must lose as much as it possible. There are shall not be the process of accumulation the assets. - this is the rule of all games.

Explanation:
1) If the player will get enough or even more, he wont play to get more.
2) If the one faction win the other and get their assets - will be disbalance.
3) Disinflation same bad thing like inflation.

Actually there are really a lot of reasons why you should not get the enemy assets. Main reason is #1 - You shall not stop mine ores, run assignments and manufacture. You always should be poor. If you use mk2/t4 heavies everytime - you should know - this is are really bad signal for server's economy.

...now you can argue and troll.

Hunter is exactly right.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

27 (edited by Rex Amelius 2014-01-02 19:56:37)

Sparking to other games

Alexadar wrote:

...someshiitixium, ...

Lol, humor that crosses all languages, good one Alexadar big_smile

-1 to OP  -  Just because it doesn't feel right with any other mechanic out there.

A bot under fire, a spark pilot trying to keep alive and dodge fire...  There's no time to destroy things in the cargo. that makes perfect sense. 

A base under siege for days or weeks?  The inhabitants could clearly take time to destroy valuables.    Every castle siege in history had that occur.

30 (edited by Gunner 2014-01-04 02:12:20)

Yes, I agree, come outside and destroy it.

;P

but seriously, these mechanics force players to make choices.  "Should I have this much stuff out here?"

"Should we fight tooth and nail to keep this?"

These are all GAME decisions, you just want to click one button to answer everything.

It reminds me of another subject  --

There are a dozen or more great opportunities for content just lost with mechanics the way they are.  Fights that never happen.  Attempted breakouts that never happen.  Other political solutions and ransoms.

so many things lost to lazy easy mechanics

IndustryMonkey wrote:

-1 to OP  -  Just because it doesn't feel right with any other mechanic out there.

A bot under fire, a spark pilot trying to keep alive and dodge fire...  There's no time to destroy things in the cargo. that makes perfect sense. 

A base under siege for days or weeks?  The inhabitants could clearly take time to destroy valuables.    Every castle siege in history had that occur.

31 (edited by Hunter 2014-01-04 11:16:01)

Gunner wrote:

;P

but seriously, these mechanics force players to make choices.  "Should I have this much stuff out here?"

These are all GAME decisions, you just want to click one button to answer everything.

There are a dozen or more great opportunities for content just lost with mechanics the way they are.  Fights that never happen.  Attempted breakouts that never happen.  Other political solutions and ransoms.

Hey buddy... Do you know that you can't force a lot of ppl to play with you?.. Do you really believe the ppl will try to resist broken mechanic with follow bots and pay to win style instead of wide choise the brilliant games?...
You had real mistake bud...

Yes you can pay a lot of accounts, achieve something and troll the others. But that's all achieves will fit only in this small world.

So, you wanna ask shift the balance again to get more comfort... What you expect in future? Ppl incoming?

The game became to browser type long time ago. Main fights happened here (on forum). Ppl troll each other because of boredom - nothing more.

basically... f*ck off...

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

Gunner wrote:

;P

IndustryMonkey wrote:

I don't disagree with any of that -  However - the losing player/corp still suffers the loss regardless of whether they lose it in the drop, or destroy it themselves.