Topic: Armor reps, made for combat usage or just repping in the sun?

Its not worth it spending almost 20% of your acc to rep 5-7% armor in combat.
cuse with the turrets going wild the acc ussaly stays at 50-60%
And at that point its enough to rep 2-3 cycles 'and the small repped amount of ruffly 190armor''  to completly dry your acc out. And i dont know where the acc has its fastest
recharge point, but i do know that its real damn slow at 0-20% which make it impossibly to catch up in that fight.

btw i do use lasers and i got the skills for acc/rep/f at 5-6

Re: Armor reps, made for combat usage or just repping in the sun?

I've had a similar experience. I haven't found a way to make them work in combat.

I usually leave the combat area, turn it on and go afk for 10 mins while it repairs. Doesn't seem ideal.

4 repping tunings will make active tanking viable.

But then again, you will sacrifice something else.

Its all about balance, want speed + firepower? Ok you can has them, but if you want to be a super man, get out.

I dont say i want to perma tank everything in the game, i just saying they are worthless.

The purpose seems to be to give you a way to rep armor without going back to the station. While that's nice, I have to agree that being able to use them in combat for more than 10 seconds would be better. A skill to lesson the armor rep's ac usage would be great, rather than just the skill to increase the rep cycles, which just sucks up more ac.

Tiller wrote:

I dont say i want to perma tank everything in the game, i just saying they are worthless.

I am saying that they are not.

Who's word weights more?

The point of view that Tiller is coming from though is using a T1 small armor repairer on a character with 1 month of EP in a light bot.  Even a Castel who uses nearly no acc for weapons cant run that thing more than about 3 cycles in a row without draining itself.

You simply just dont have the proper perspective to judge an entire range of armor repairers in the entire game.

I am Perpetuum's Most Dangerous Agent and an equal opportunity troll.
-> You just lost The Game <-
"Perpetuum sounds like a something I would stick up my *** for enjoyement." -Kaito Kurusaki

thats the problem right there, even an castel that uses nerly no acc cant use more that 2-3 cycles, and for what? 60 armor per cycle? tbo. even with maxed skills the repper will suck badly.

well generally green isn't an armor repair race, other races have a bonus that makes it more worthwhile. If you have a t4 small rep with decent skills and it can be worthwhile if matched with some resistance. Medium reps also are useful in some situations.

Im yellow big_smile

11 (edited by Michael J Caboose 2010-11-21 21:31:18)

Tiller wrote:

thats the problem right there, even an castel that uses nerly no acc cant use more that 2-3 cycles, and for what? 60 armor per cycle? tbo. even with maxed skills the repper will suck badly.

with not-even-maxed extensions, just knowing what you are doing, you can permarun a small repair, a neut, a sensor amp and an active hardener (activated) on a waspish -> and that against a trojar spawn with several drainers on you (while the neut would be useless there)

in open beta i could run a castel with two small armor repairs + sensor amp, without running into any energy problem.

blue bots having repaired ammount bonus. They probably cant permarun Armor-Reps, but they dont have to (more micromanagement)

Yellow bots having either resist or accumulator bonus -> both are helping there.
Resist means you have to repair less real hitpoints to gain more relative hitpoints.
accumulator bonus means you got better recharge and bigger buffer.

the most important fact here is - you have to train up "basic/advanced robotics" to actually gain those bonuses. Training up the Repair-cycle extension, before the others is not very clever.

last but not least - get t2 repair - or better the prototype. needs less AP for same ammount repaired. and always pair a repair with a hardener for better resists

Now add in the following. Standard small rep uses 65ap and repairs 60hp. Standard medium rep uses 330ap and repairs 180hp. The ap/hp ratio is inconsistent across the sizes. I might add, shield stays the same default 1 ap/hp...

13 (edited by Michael J Caboose 2010-11-22 01:05:20)

nope, it doesnt...
shield efficiency depends on the robot size wink (while the display is bugged)

Medium reppers arent as efficient because then the small reppers would have no use on mechs and stuff.  People still use small reppers on mechs for the lower fittings and weight, as well as more efficient accumulator use.  Sure, these are out of combat repairs but they are still great.

The medium repairers are for combat use so you can repair more quickly but will sacrifice accumulator.  If you make them too efficient you will have everyone constantly running their repairers without a thought.

I am Perpetuum's Most Dangerous Agent and an equal opportunity troll.
-> You just lost The Game <-
"Perpetuum sounds like a something I would stick up my *** for enjoyement." -Kaito Kurusaki

I'm in a Castel and I am cap stable with the Armor Repper a Sensor Enhancer running.

Even in beta, when I was blue, I found the armor repairer extremely useful in combat.  I had to turn it on and off, not just leave it running.  That doesn't make it useless.

As someone pointed out, yellow resists bonuses mean you don't need the repper on as much.

Tiller wrote:

there should be a downtime, you pve -> disingage -> rep .> you pve
if ppl are able to rep when in PVE/combat you wont have surprise pvp, if someone is in pve and you are going to engage someone in pvp he should never be able to be 100% repaired when you make the first hit, there should be some kind of "penalty"  for already having a combat

To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing.” – Elbert Hubbard

17 (edited by Cid Jorgumeri 2010-11-22 08:23:26)

TBH I have no problem running 4x lasers and the repper on a sensor amped prometheus for sustained fighting.  You just have to know how to fit and manage your accumulator.

EDIT: Dont expect to spend 40k EP and end up both industry AND combat specd.

The Blind Bot -- watch your six, my aim aint so good these days!

Cid Jorgumeri wrote:

TBH I have no problem running 4x lasers and the repper on a sensor amped prometheus for sustained fighting.  You just have to know how to fit and manage your accumulator.

ffs im so tired, u cannot run 4 lasers, sensor amp and an an small armor repper without acc problem? what do u have in the skills? lvl 20? stop talk bullshit.

Tiller wrote:
Cid Jorgumeri wrote:

ffs im so tired, u cannot run 4 lasers, sensor amp and an an small armor repper without acc problem? what do u have in the skills? lvl 20? stop talk bullshit.

Put medium Aux accumulator big_smile

you will need t2 gear and good skills on engineering tongue

Siddy is actually right - med aux accu solves accu problem when using smal rep (works best on assaults imo). Still without it U can still use rep but U have to use it wisely cool