126 (edited by SGT subzero 2013-12-29 03:31:36)

Re: Poll: The "followbot" mechanic

SpnX wrote:

And yes I would say that multiboxing is abusing/cheating, cause it makes you way more effecient then a guy with only one account.

You are comparing apples to oranges here. Multi-boxing is way less efficient then using TWO different players controlling those same two accounts. And by using the same logic as you apply, but not to argue my position, i could claim:

using two real live players to control two accounts is cheating!

The way I see it, it's just envy in your reasoning as facts seem absent. It is not possible to do everything solo as you state, certainly not from the start. Hell most things are straightforward so impractical people feel the urge to subscribe at least a second account. And with impractical i mean efficiency drops well below 40% compared to doing the same with two guys and often much lower!

SGT subzero wrote:
SpnX wrote:

And yes I would say that multiboxing is abusing/cheating, cause it makes you way more effecient then a guy with only one account.

You are comparing apples to oranges here. Multi-boxing is way less efficient then using TWO different players controlling those same two accounts. And by using the same logic as you apply, but not to argue my position, i could claim:

using two real live players to control two accounts is cheating!

The way I see it, it's just envy in your reasoning as facts seem absent. It is not possible to do everything solo as you state, certainly not from the start. Hell most things are straightforward so impractical people feel the urge to subscribe at least a second account. And with impractical i mean efficiency drops well below 40% compared to doing the same with two guys and often much lower!

So you really mean that having to account is a small problem compared to having one cause its less efficient....

So a guy with one account will have equal chances in pvp against a guy with 2 accounts? I know multiboxing wont scale well when we talk bigger battles.

A guy with one account will only be small amount less effective at mining, harvesting or hauling then a guy with 2 accounts? Do you have any facts to support that, cause then I must be doing something wrong....

Ok, so its not an issue.  Can we close this thread and move on?

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

129 (edited by Hunter 2014-01-02 13:00:54)

Ville wrote:

Yes i think too, this not a problem to fix a little exploit. There was suggested several ways to fix it (diable follow mode/autocycles/etc on flagged bots) so nothing to discuss anymore.

The thread definely need to close and do something. There are cry the multiboxers only. Let's stop this stupid pay to win mechanic before STEAM. neutral

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

Zoom, is the problem now buried with the 50 vs 51 vote or will something happen in this front?

131 (edited by Rex Amelius 2014-01-07 16:20:03)

Hunter wrote:
Ville wrote:

Yes i think too, this not a problem to fix a little exploit. There was suggested several ways to fix it (diable follow mode/autocycles/etc on flagged bots) so nothing to discuss anymore.

The thread definely need to close and do something. There are cry the multiboxers only. Let's stop this stupid pay to win mechanic before STEAM. QQ

Hunter, I thought the Devs were too busy to make stupid changes ...especially when its just people crying their eyes out about "pay to win" nonsense when the reality is you just suck at ewar.

Sparking to other games

132 (edited by Rex Amelius 2014-01-07 17:41:10)

Burial wrote:

Zooooooohooooom, is the problem now buried with the 50 vs 51 vote or will something happen in this front? QQ

If Devs run this game like a Democracy listening to the biggest forum whiners making the most noise, this game is truly Zoomed.

edit: fixed for below post

Sparking to other games

Not being able to follow a locked target is probably the best solution that doesn't hurt other uses so I think we'll go with that.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Not being able to follow a locked target is probably the best solution that doesn't hurt other uses so I think we'll go with that.

Sounds reasonable to me at least.

135 (edited by Burial 2014-01-07 17:03:11)

Very happy to hear that. Why don't you like disallowing following flagged targets? It would have magnitutes of more effect.

how come I cant vote?

Pakaw wrote:

how come I cant vote?

Voting was closed.

RIP PERPETUUM

DEV Zoom wrote:

+1 I really don't mind players having any number of accounts (better for the Devs more $$$), for some it's fun and have a powerful PC. What I have an issue with the almost necessary need to have at least 2 to enjoy the game fully.

Even in a larger corps you don't always want or sometimes can't play together for support every time you log in.

RIP PERPETUUM

Burial wrote:

Very happy to hear that. Why don't you like disallowing following flagged targets? It would have magnitutes of more effect.

I think connecting it to the lock is more direct, it implies that you want to do something with your target. PvP flag on the other hand does not always mean that, it could be your squad leader who is retreating and you chose to follow him because you have too low fps to see where you go or w/e. Also, scouts with an RSA tail don't necessarily have a flag. I'm sure there are more examples.

140 (edited by Celebro 2014-01-07 18:01:54)

Dev Zoom: Just realised there is a possibility of greifing here, if I follow another bot on alpha without locking, some other player can still lock me and break follow, maybe a good tactic for pvp islands, perhaps not good on alpha.

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:

Dev Zoom: Just realised there is a possibility of greifing here, if I follow another bot on alpha without locking, some other player can still lock me and break follow, maybe a good tactic for pvp islands, perhaps not good on alpha.

Others locking you will only break their follow, not yours.

DEV Zoom wrote:
Celebro wrote:

Others locking you will only break their follow, not yours.

Oh I see how this works now, You did mention 'Not being able to follow a locked target' so that was confusing for me.
So locking some other bot will break follow that sounds good.

RIP PERPETUUM

But what about NEXUS? It will be still possible to put a nexus bot on follow.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

If you lock someone, would it disallow following anyone or just the bot you are locking?

If the answer is the latter then it could be exploited by following one heavy but giving bonuses to the other.

Burial wrote:

If you lock someone, would it disallow following anyone or just the bot you are locking?

If the answer is the latter then it could be exploited by following one heavy but giving bonuses to the other.

Using an intermediary bot just so you are able to buff the leading one? TBH if someone is so desperate then I'm willing to live with that.

146 (edited by Burial 2014-01-07 18:28:58)

Bot A and B are heavies. Bots X and Y are follows.

X follows A but buffs B, Y follows B but buffs A. It doesn't complicate things too much and will happen.

(I still think disallowing following flagged people is the most effective solution.)

Burial wrote:

X follows A but buffs B, Y follows B but buffs A. It doesn't complicate things too much and will happen.

(I still think disallowing following flagged people is the most effective solution.)

Great! Now we need 4 accounts to do same instead of 2 big_smile

RIP PERPETUUM

Burial wrote:

Maybe, I still think this is mostly a population problem, so it's enough for a first step and we'll see how it goes.

DEV Zoom wrote:
Burial wrote:

Maybe, I still think this is mostly a population problem, so it's enough for a first step and we'll see how it goes.

Fully agree come on green light!!!!!

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men
http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=agent-his … mp;month=7 Best month 104 to 1 k/d

You think there will be players dedicated to giving RSAs, reps and such? I hope so too and with reps and energy the task could be done with relatively few dedicated bots compared to combats but when it comes to RSAs then ideally each heavy would need 1 bot to give it RSAs.

Maybe if we had dedicated bots that can fit more RSAs(say, 6, so one bot can cover 3 combats).

Could be that specialized bots like suggested in previous sentence are the key. Right now we have industry bots that can do all three tasks(rsa, reps, energy) without any problems but if we would spread those roles apart on specialized bots that can only do one of the roles but well and on multiple targets we could hope for specialized players filling those with bots sparks. smile