Re: Terraforming fix around gamma teleports

From what I'm reading, its sounds more like TF can be used to make barriers that are impossible to cross, by placing objects or players in the area that prevent re-terraforming. Given the choice between making a barrier that can be destroyed or one that can't, of course designers are going to use TF because they want to make the best barrier possible. This is where there is a balancing issue, Impossible is too good but Walls aren't good enough.

77 (edited by Burial 2013-12-19 19:54:58)

Arga, additionally to that I think terraforming gives you the flexibility that could never be archieved with walls. You can make all sorts of layered walls and other "structures" and cover it with turrets in any way that comes to mind.

Beta wall units are a joke on Gamma setting so the wall has to be something completely new. I think unless the walls offer some other and better benefit over that, no-one will even start to use them.

Some of the features to beat terraformed walls:
- Faster and cheaper building
- Ability to place turrets on and next to it
- Ability to walk on the wall
- Different heights
- Siege mechanics

As you can see, that's probably years worth of coding coupled with engine rewrite.

Well, sure making walls better would be one way. The other way would be to make TF less effective. Of the two, changing TF seems like it would be less resource intensive.

Honestly, at this point.  The only thing Gamma is useful is being a "small" production base.  Resources there produce goods and ship them back to alpha.  I will NEVER again stockpile on Gamma.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Ville wrote:

Honestly, at this point.  The only thing Gamma is useful is being a "small" production base.  Resources there produce goods and ship them back to alpha.  I will NEVER again stockpile on Gamma.

True dis.

Arga come back.

You know you want to.   tongue

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

Playing PK games creates enough bad blood between players without shifting/poor game mechanics fueling the fire.

Once Perp gets out of live-beta testing I'll think about it.

Ville wrote:

(Shudder) Totally agree....

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

Did you finally unzip the pants on your head?

Hell no, Pants On Head for life ***!

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

Inda wrote:

Gamma is an experimetn, we should live with it :S
So who go out Gamma he knows he can lose eveyrthing by a gamechange (thats why I didnt lost more assets never ingame).

But Devs probably should make a state "experimetn status" or "beta" !

I am not kidding atm. Devs pls go and think of it.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

It was Indas fault.

Dammit Inda.