1 (edited by Burial 2013-12-19 09:17:40)

Topic: Terraforming bug aftermath

Balfizar wrote:

Bull u were on the island and there were places for u to terraform u just didn't want to spen hours welding down a already terraformed wall so u tried for the easy path but we blocked and u cried in GC and made the excuse

Keep spewing your cr*p to avoid Zoom's intervention. We both know that there were only 2 parts of the wall that were mechanically breachable. Both of them were ~50-150m wide and to block our terraforming, you moved a bot to the area that was unattackable.

To block any terraforming modules from working, all that is needed is to move an agent to the area that is being terraformed. In both of the available sections, those blocking bots would be completely safe from any damage hitting them. If the bug wouldn’t have been there, we could have modified the terrain as needed to shoot the terraforming blockers and get through.

To make everyone understand how that bug worked, let me explain it. After a recent patch that fixed some issues with buildings and terraforming, the developers introduced a bug into the gameplay that made it so that it was not possible to move any tiles of terrain that were closer than 2000m to the teleporter even by an inch. At Xiantor West teleporter, only two parts of the wall were terraformable. Both of these sections were very narrow and there was absolutely no way to terraform the other sections due to hilly and unpassable terrain or because it was closer than 2000m to the teleporter and therefore unterraformable.

The enemy knew of the bug for days and the advantage it gives to them and nothing was done. Afterall, why build a wall or any defences if 95% of the wall is invulnerable and the other 5% is blocked by just Arkhes.

This is outrageous that the devs have allowed the bug exploiters to smirk on. Right after the enemy found out that we are trying to get in and can't, they immediately went to West teleport and destroyed as many of our turrets as possible even though they've "been there for weeks" and to make matters and reimbusement even worse, they deconstructed everything that was deconstructable right away.

Our plans and efforts were cut short by the bug. We had planned to come to the island and get our defenses up before next-days reinforcement cycle at 20:00 when the turrets at the HUN inner base were to fell to enemy control but by that bug were unable to do. After it was fixed it was already too late. Buy the time we got in, HUN lost the final turrets and we lost turret protection that was vital in our success.

Exploiting is making use of a situation in a way that is considered unfair or underhand. In this case it's knowing of a bug, not reporting it and using it to own advantage. If you are not noticing that exploiting was done or you say the bug was insignificant for any reaction you are either a tool on enemy side or total incompetent.

HUN lost close to a year worth of work and we lost the advantage we needed and it was all because of the bug. It’s unacceptable if it’s swept away that easily and opens a new chapter for Perpetuum where exploiting is possible if you spew enough squid ink into developers faces.

2 (edited by Rage Blackout 2013-12-19 09:46:26)

Re: Terraforming bug aftermath

Wow.

We were here for 3 days before you thought it was worth defending. Didnt take it seriously? Hubris?

You could have done anything you wanted!

You chose to do nothing....

derp

---->     "Whoops they took the east gate , maybe we should bring in some bots now."

You know something.  You had a year+ to figure out this Gamma stuff and you are not good at it at all. That is unless there isnt an opponent.

Thanks for the Island.....

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

3 (edited by Lobo 2013-12-19 10:54:53)

oh boo F*cking whoooo Why is this not in Corp dia? Trying to bait out a forum ban......?

You took multiple gammas on a changed mechanic from bases that were built before the patch that changed the mechanic and you consider yourself "clean".

This total crybaby thing STC is doing is LOL at best.

You wanted END GAME content we just created that *** for you.

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men
http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=agent-his … mp;month=7 Best month 104 to 1 k/d

Pathetic attempt at being a victim and trying to metagame the Devs into giving you something you can't accomplish in-game. Better get your facts straight though!

- We couldn't breach the West teleport, so we breached the East.
- We destroyed a total of 11 turrets surrounding the immediate area of the West base, all the others were taken over and deconstructed.
- We used Castel Mk2's to block HUN from terraforming, not Arkhes.
- We defended for 7 hours against your "elite gamma war skillz" and you've shown yourself to be utterly incompetent and unable to adapt to a battle that doesn't revolve around PVE-ing turrets.
- All Gamma bases you took down while we were gone, were taken down by metagaming Devs or abusing bugs (shooting through terrain, 2D/3D change, plasma bombs, broken missile turrets).

Therefore as my beloved CEO would say: Pucker up little toggie. Daddy's going in dry.

Now go and push the delete button, you'll have another chance to show us your "elite gamma war skillz" in the future.

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

5 (edited by Ville 2013-12-19 13:08:28)

Burial wrote:
Balfizar wrote:

Bull u were on the island and there were places for u to terraform u just didn't want to spen hours welding down a already terraformed wall so u tried for the easy path but we blocked and u cried in GC and made the excuse

Keep spewing your cr*p to avoid Zoom's intervention. We both know that there were only 2 parts of the wall that were mechanically breachable. Both of them were ~50-150m wide and to block our terraforming, you moved a bot to the area that was unattackable.
I stole your Beacons.  You could have gotten sequers and lights in all day long.
To block any terraforming modules from working, all that is needed is to move an agent to the area that is being terraformed.
As the way it should be.
In both of the available sections, those blocking bots would be completely safe from any damage hitting them.
Except if you brought a Light bot.
If the bug wouldn’t have been there, we could have modified the terrain as needed to shoot the terraforming blockers and get through.
Wrong, we had logged off Suicides on top of the area smile  You still would have died.
To make everyone understand how that bug worked, let me explain it. After a recent patch that fixed some issues with buildings and terraforming, the developers introduced a bug into the gameplay that made it so that it was not possible to move any tiles of terrain that were closer than 2000m to the teleporter even by an inch.
Which we also dealt with the night before while we were trying to make the ground even more impassable
At Xiantor West teleporter, only two parts of the wall were terraformable. Both of these sections were very narrow and there was absolutely no way to terraform the other sections due to hilly and unpassable terrain or because it was closer than 2000m to the teleporter and therefore unterraformable.
Wrong.  You could have terrformed the North, but you elected to stop when our counter terraforming fleet inch closer and closer.
The enemy knew of the bug for days and the advantage it gives to them and nothing was done. Afterall, why build a wall or any defences if 95% of the wall is invulnerable and the other 5% is blocked by just Arkhes.
Castel Mk2, with Demobs.  I was under the impression that tickets ere submitted days in advanced too.  You could have brought lights and ewar in to kill the Castel.  You didn't want to adapt.
This is outrageous that the devs have allowed the bug exploiters to smirk on. Right after the enemy found out that we are trying to get in and can't, they immediately went to West teleport and destroyed as many of our turrets as possible even though they've "been there for weeks" and to make matters and reimbusement even worse, they deconstructed everything that was deconstructable right away.
Could have brought in light ewar at any time with sequers.  In fact you did and guess what happened after you figured it out after the fact:http://sequer.nl/killboard/index.php?a=kill&kill_id=41157
Our plans and efforts were cut short by the bug. We had planned to come to the island and get our defenses up before next-days reinforcement cycle at 20:00 when the turrets at the HUN inner base were to fell to enemy control but by that bug were unable to do. After it was fixed it was already too late. Buy the time we got in, HUN lost the final turrets and we lost turret protection that was vital in our success.  What is too late is this thread.  After you failed to push with people the forward base, and you found out we had the DPS to kill your double repped nodes, this thread pops up.  Not when all this stuff went down days after the fact. 

Exploiting is making use of a situation in a way that is considered unfair or underhand. In this case it's knowing of a bug, not reporting it and using it to own advantage. If you are not noticing that exploiting was done or you say the bug was insignificant for any reaction you are either a tool on enemy side or total incompetent.    Is that like changing Something from 2D to 3D mid way in the game and making most of the base designs useless?  I think so.
HUN lost close to a year worth of work and we lost the advantage we needed and it was all because of the bug. It’s unacceptable if it’s swept away that easily and opens a new chapter for Perpetuum where exploiting is possible if you spew enough squid ink into developers faces. Berger's fell in a night.  Cool Story?

This is a Troll Thread and a Dev Call out.

For you Burial:

http://i.imgur.com/NNySZuH.jpg

This is a Troll Thread and a Dev Call out.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

BTW, I just gave you Dana's Sap time, please show up.

Norrdec wrote:

Pathetic attempt at being a victim and trying to metagame the Devs into giving you something you can't accomplish in-game. Better get your facts straight though!

- All Gamma bases you took down while we were gone, were taken down by metagaming Devs or abusing bugs (shooting through terrain, 2D/3D change, plasma bombs, broken missile turrets).

Therefore as my beloved CEO would say: Pucker up little toggie. Daddy's going in dry.

Now go and push the delete button, you'll have another chance to show us your "elite gamma war skillz" in the future.

/this

Some people play checkers, some play chess...  Once in a while you can find a guy playing GO.  The former is prey, the secondary is a teacher, and the latter is a general.

There's a big difference between PVEing turrets, and PVPing players and turrets. However evidently when the height of your ability is to PVE turrets, you might get deluded into thinking you're good at PVP.

Until someone shows up and kicks your teeth in for the Xth time. Then it's time to bring out the petitions and metagame so the Devs win the fight you can't.

Don't be ashamed of it, bigger and better corps then you resorted to that same tactic of fighting when everything else failed. I suggest you threaten to unsub if they don't do what you want, worked like a charm last time chickensh*ts got together in a petition bandwagon.

PHM is recruiting!!  Looking for alpha side PVErs to support real PVPers.  Now accepting Hungarian slave labor to harvest epic tears.

It's natural and expected that you don't want to admit your advantage with that bug.

There is a big difference between mechanics that stay in-game that are used and bugs that get fixed as soon as possible. The mechanics we used to get into gammas are still present but the bug that affected this siege got fixed day after we reported it.

Basically I would like to know what Zoom thinks and what would be in his powers to do.

There's a big difference between mechanics that get put into the game as part of a roadmap, and mechanics that get put in due to Devs getting metagamed by sinister entities. After all, when it comes to actually playing the game the Devs are incompetent noobs. Historically it's been extremely easy to metagame them into making changes that benefit a select few skype buddies.

It's natural and expected you're continuing in the footsteps of your predecessors and working hard to tailor the game to your advantage.

We've already established the "bug" gave much greater advantage to the defenders then the attackers, your only counter-argument can be summed up as "BUT THEY WON ZOOM FIX PLZ". This stems from the established fact that you can only PVE turrets when nobody is playing, as evidenced by your inability to do anything of note yesterday.

Besides blowing up and posting bad ewar fits ofcourse.

12 (edited by Blocker 2013-12-19 16:03:59)

Norrdec wrote:

Norrdec you really need to let go of the tog hate man, it's not healthy to hold grudges for a long time. The people who were involved in the incident you often refer to have long since left the game and haven't come back.

The people left in tog now either started playing after said incident or were in other corps. All of this happened before my time started in perp, or at such an early stage I was still in starter corp on Alpha and I can safely say that would apply to everyone except maybe Dark.

If it's just the tog name that seems to bother you well fair enough I guess, just seems a bit pointless to bear a grudge against a name only. But if this is indeed the case, then disregard my post and carry on..

Burial wrote:

HUN lost close to a year worth of work and we lost the advantage we needed and it was all because of the bug.

It was all because you didn't show up when you could have. You lost because you didn't even try.

Norrdec wrote:

Historically it's been extremely easy to metagame them into making changes that benefit a select few skype buddies.

As we saw at that SpT thread, yeah.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Line wrote:
Norrdec wrote:

Historically it's been extremely easy to metagame them into making changes that benefit a select few skype buddies.

Agreed! Where we come up with suggestions that will help the game grow in the long run, select few greedy individuals you are affiliated with only come up with suggestions carefully tailored for their own benefit.

Norrdec wrote:
Line wrote:
Norrdec wrote:

Agreed! Where we come up with suggestions that will help the game grow in the long run, select few greedy individuals you are affiliated with only come up with suggestions carefully tailored for their own benefit.

No' you've repeat the same *** 40 pages and voila

Yep, a lot of the 45 pages is repeated, but that's because the opposing side kept trying to deflect the discussion away from the core issue of force projection, because they couldn't make a reasonable arguement against it.

Take a moment to line up your ducks, and make an argument why there should be compensation for consequnces of Developer introduced bugs.

Although, I tried this last time I was personally involved in a bug that resulted in CIR losing assets due to a bug, and was basically told sh*t happens.

Arga wrote:

Yep, a lot of the 45 pages is repeated, but that's because the opposing side kept trying to deflect the discussion away from the core issue of force projection, because they couldn't make a reasonable arguement against it.

Take a moment to line up your ducks, and make an argument why there should be compensation for consequnces of Developer introduced bugs.

Although, I tried this last time I was personally involved in a bug that resulted in CIR losing assets due to a bug, and was basically told sh*t happens.

Deflecting? Hellm re-read them all. It's like:

Their side: nerf the spt
Our side: why at all?
Our side: ok how about this and that and that - should works
Our side: well maybe then this this and that or
Their side: nerf spt the
Their side: spt nerf the
Their side: nerf
Their side: the
Their side: spt

and so on and so on. Here goes the same btw, and every other thread that doesn't suits them.

19 (edited by Rage Blackout 2013-12-19 21:30:46)

lol

We gave at least 20 good reasons ,with real examples, as to why SpT is bad.

Nothing more to say, read the 55 pages

Line wrote:
Arga wrote:

and so on and so on. Here goes the same btw, and every other thread that doesn't suits them.

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

Line wrote:
Arga wrote:

Well, if I was going to actually start a debate with you on this subject, I would go in and get actual examples of 'thier side' and 'Our side' to prove the point; but luckily you responded with the type of post I would have had to go searching for.

Arga wrote:

Arga use your head a little and think for one second.

Does the proposed SpT affect force projection more than it affects Gamma inhabitants, or would a 10 minute cooldown have been better? Basically it marginally affects pvp at best, while hampering Gamma industrialists greatly.
A cooldown would greatly affect the nature of PvP, while hardly hindering industrial Gamma life.

You guys see the STC corp tag and assume "protect an advantage". Think about the proposed change and how it affects the entire game.

But back on this topic ...

Gerralt, you are correct in the point that we did not respond when we could have. Our bad.

Norrdec ... please tell me why all these Gamma changes that have apparently allowed us to exploit and kill everyone's base, and yet Imidero and Bergers still stand? Our bases have the same defences and were built under the same mechanics as everyone elses, but you guys haven't killed them, yet.

Maybe we kill bases because of the numbers we bring? Maybe its not exploits?

You guys are killing the Hun base PRIMARILY because we did not defend or even monitor it when we could have, or should we simply endlessly repeat what you guys say ... Wahh Wahh, you killed a base, you're exploiting!!

So you are killing a base that wasn't defended properly. Good for you. We do the same and tears never stop.

There is no difference between how you and us play. We are all bound by the same mechanics.

Cassius wrote:
Arga wrote:

Force Projection, its happening to you right now.  We sieged and took 4 Betas and can take 2 more if we want.
Does the proposed SpT affect force projection more than it affects Gamma inhabitants, or would a 10 minute cooldown have been better? Basically it marginally affects pvp at best, while hampering Gamma industrialists greatly.
A cooldown would greatly affect the nature of PvP, while hardly hindering industrial Gamma life.
What a cooldown effects is tactical decisions.  At 10 Minutes you can still afford to drop your entire Alliance out across the global in a relatively short amount of time.
You guys see the STC corp tag and assume "protect an advantage". Think about the proposed change and how it affects the entire game.
You guys seemed pretty Upset over the after math of beacon gate.  Account Sharing/Gifting what ever suddenly became legal too.

Gerralt, you are correct in the point that we did not respond when we could have. Our bad.
No, YOU didn't respond.  Burial has along with Inda and a couple other STC.
Norrdec ... please tell me why all these Gamma changes that have apparently allowed us to exploit and kill everyone's base, I'll cut in here.  When I started playing this game in gamma you COULD NOT single tile a wall with turrets behind it down OR Beacon it down regardless of height.  Oh did I mention The radius for Gamma Teleports were changed?and yet Imidero and Bergers still stand?for now. Our bases have the same defences and were built under the same mechanics as everyone elses, but you guys haven't killed them, yet.
Pride blinds many and brings down Nations.  Remember that.

Or how many accounts we can find laying around from the past.  That we can endlessly supply with ICE from Beacongate.
You guys are killing the Hun base PRIMARILY because we did not defend or even monitor it when we could have, or should we simply endlessly repeat what you guys say ... Wahh Wahh, you killed a base, you're exploiting!!
  We didn't beg to get our stuff out.
So you are killing a base that wasn't defended properly. Good for you. We do the same and tears never stop.
I think your trying to deflect the begging to let our assets go and your failed attempts to do anything when Merkles not holding your hand.
There is no difference between how you and us play. We are all bound by the same mechanics.Until the Hungarians change it making both our and your stuff obsolete.

no gerralt u are wrong they did try a lil late but they did try and there base attack fleet got *** by 4 people and turrets then they quickly evac all there *** I dont even think there resupply was in the station for 12hrs before they moved it back out lulz

Gerralt wrote:
Burial wrote:

HUN lost close to a year worth of work and we lost the advantage we needed and it was all because of the bug.

It was all because you didn't show up when you could have. You lost because you didn't even try.

We are playing chess and the rest of perp is playing checkers.

Ville wrote:
Cassius wrote:
Arga wrote:

Force Projection, its happening to you right now.  We sieged and took 4 Betas and can take 2 more if we want.
What a cooldown effects is tactical decisions.  At 10 Minutes you can still afford to drop your entire Alliance out across the global in a relatively short amount of time.
You guys seemed pretty Upset over the after math of beacon gate.  Account Sharing/Gifting what ever suddenly became legal too.

No, YOU didn't respond.  Burial has along with Inda and a couple other STC.
Norrdec ... please tell me why all these Gamma changes that have apparently allowed us to exploit and kill everyone's base, I'll cut in here.  When I started playing this game in gamma you COULD NOT single tile a wall with turrets behind it down OR Beacon it down regardless of height.  Oh did I mention The radius for Gamma Teleports were changed?and yet Imidero and Bergers still stand?for now. Our bases have the same defences and were built under the same mechanics as everyone elses, but you guys haven't killed them, yet.
Pride blinds many and brings down Nations.  Remember that.

Or how many accounts we can find laying around from the past.  That we can endlessly supply with ICE from Beacongate.
  We didn't beg to get our stuff out.
I think your trying to deflect the begging to let our assets go and your failed attempts to do anything when Merkles not holding your hand.
There is no difference between how you and us play. We are all bound by the same mechanics.Until the Hungarians change it making both our and your stuff obsolete.

It's truly amazing how evryone has different perspective on the same thing. The only thing "your take" is actually correct is the last point, Ville. You guys argue with me when I agree with you, lol.

Shadow killed Peanut in a Scarab 5 days before our initial response. That is what I was referring to. My personal response got me as far as Nirayon before I was told to turn around. My particular playing time has not matched well with yours.  Your force projection has been a result of playing numbers, not SpT and/or lack of it, and this validates our arguments in the SpT discussion, not yours. Any base can fall. I mention ours not because I'm blinded by pride but simply to counter the continual "you guys changed things to get an advantage and kill our base" bullshit that is claimed .... But you seem to forget it would negatively affect us equally. The fact is anyone can kill a base that is not defended. If you have the numbers to force a seige and get a terminal on an island and encircle an enemies terminal with your turrets, its pretty much over. Congrats, you are doing the same to Hun we did to you and others.

And all I will say is you, Ville, said interesting things when we breached Bergers.

Everyone has their own perspective on things.
Have a Merry Christmas.

Mad bros?