Re: Poll: The "followbot" mechanic

Not totally convinced there is a problem with follow bots. I think some people just have a huge bug up their *** about muti-boxing accounts. Whaaa pay to win  fuuu

As for removing the entire 'follow' mechanic, that is so far overkill. Follow is useful 95% of the time for things having nothing to do with multi-box pvping. And I presume multi-box pvping is the target here.

If you have to nerf it, which I do not support at this time, be sure to do something more specific. Perhaps break lock when on follow?

But leave follow.

Sparking to other games

52 (edited by Burial 2013-12-17 22:48:16)

Ville wrote:

As simply put by Burial it's the RSAs and the nexus follow bots that's the problem, in his eyes.  I don't see this as a problem though.  If I risk 3 bots in PVP that's my own accord, I still can ONLY EFFECTIVELY play ONE account at a time.  And Follow bot accounts get tripped up on terrain and plants hardcore.

Not necessarily the Nexus RSA follow bots but RSAs in general. Why would anyone want to fill their already limited amount of headslots up with sensor amps when having a follow bot is that easy?

Basically what I propose is to increase all the bots default locking ranges, locking times and then nerf both RSAs and Sensor Amps to some level that they are not a requirement in each and every PVP fight.

I have nothing against the follow command but the suggestions of not being able to follow while locked/PVP flagged both sound good.

Eve has similar mechanics and there are no problems in eve its again a population problem. With a healthy population you will get the people that have no problem driving to fights to be the medic or booster.

FFS please keep your IMBA posts in the proper forum

I agree that you will find those people. At the same time devs should also start to consider dedicated bots for those jobs.

But what would stop people from just using those dedicated bots as follows? It's so easy to pull off. Seems like the follow-bot mechanics are preventing progression.

55 (edited by Blocker 2013-12-18 00:44:49)

Khadia Khan wrote:

Eve has similar mechanics and there are no problems in eve its again a population problem. With a healthy population you will get the people that have no problem driving to fights to be the medic or booster.

I tend to agree, at it's core this is basically a population issue. If you had people that were happy to do the job of support why would you bother with a follow yourself.

I tend to like the idea of a dedicated support bot, it may encourage people into the support role and increase gang/fleet variation. I am against removing the follow mechanic altogether, that just gimps everyone and perhaps the pve guys more than everyone else.

Of course the problem not in follow mechanic. This is a very good and useful mechanic.
The problem in that no need to play for follow bot. Server mechanic plays for you instead. Such thing calls "using a bot". "Using a bot" means "exploit presence".

I advice to -77- (and their -133- alts) forget about their possible butthurt and think: About what this game? Is this game about little company the ppl, who paid 3-4 accounts just to win? Or this is the game for encounters the real people?

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

Another idea would be to have a minimum range for support modules, but I don't know whether this is technically possible. It would do basically nothing to player controlled robots, but it would break support followbots since they stick close to you.

This coming from the kings of follow bots alliance.

Do you even think about what you write?

Hunter wrote:

Of course the problem not in follow mechanic. This is a very good and useful mechanic.
The problem in that no need to play for follow bot. Server mechanic plays for you instead. Such thing calls "using a bot". "Using a bot" means "exploit presence".

I advice to -77- (and their -133- alts) forget about their possible butthurt and think: About what this game? Is this game about little company the ppl, who paid 3-4 accounts just to win? Or this is the game for encounters the real people?

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

Dude.  Just stop.

You keep on asking for a single bot that just does everything perfectly.

Just stop.

Make a valid point or dont post in these threads.

Burial wrote:
Ville wrote:

As simply put by Burial it's the RSAs and the nexus follow bots that's the problem, in his eyes.  I don't see this as a problem though.  If I risk 3 bots in PVP that's my own accord, I still can ONLY EFFECTIVELY play ONE account at a time.  And Follow bot accounts get tripped up on terrain and plants hardcore.

Not necessarily the Nexus RSA follow bots but RSAs in general. Why would anyone want to fill their already limited amount of headslots up with sensor amps when having a follow bot is that easy?

Basically what I propose is to increase all the bots default locking ranges, locking times and then nerf both RSAs and Sensor Amps to some level that they are not a requirement in each and every PVP fight.

I have nothing against the follow command but the suggestions of not being able to follow while locked/PVP flagged both sound good.

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

60 (edited by Burial 2013-12-18 03:10:47)

No, that's wrong. I just don't like being forced into either not fighting or fighting with a follow bot.

Whenever I'm on a heavy on bigger engagements, I need a follow bot. I >need< it and others need it. It's just not possible to fit for right range, ew resistance and have the amps too and of course reps and energy is the added bonus. It's convenient, effective and cheap. It's a requirement.

I don't like it, a lot of the players in my corporation don't like it and I'm sure majority of new players won't like it either. The poll speaks for itself here.

61 (edited by Cassius 2013-12-18 03:56:18)

Norrdec wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:
Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:

This poll is a joke & the fix Zoom has proposed is lol.
I get a feeling the No vote will be strong given how broken Auto Pilot can be.
Among many other reasons.

That's fine by me, even if nothing else comes out of this I can pull up this topic anytime someone mentions again that we have only left followbot in because we promote multiaccounting.

Thats fine by us, we'll point out the only reason the poll passed is because everyone with 10+ accounts can vote Yes on each account, because you promote multi-accounting and Pay 2 Win.

So basically no matter what he does you will find a reason to cry about it?

Also, I rarely use follow in combat and if dude I'm fighting has 5 accounts, good for him. I think follow function is good for pvp

I vote no.

62 (edited by Hunter 2013-12-18 06:58:50)

Rage Blackout wrote:

Dude.  Just stop.

You keep on asking for a single bot that just does everything perfectly.

Just stop.

Make a valid point or dont post in these threads.

Reads as:

Dude.  Just stop.

I paid for my alts to win and now you keep on asking for nerf the follow bots. This is not fits in my point of view perfectly (my plans as well). Moreover it's totally not fits.

So just stop.

Make a valid point that fits on my own or dont post in these threads. I wanna pay to win perpetuum! neutral

BTW: what the problem for you pay 10-15 accounts to get some extra votes in the thread?.. Lets go!

Why the crybabies wins?

63 (edited by Hunter 2013-12-18 06:52:21)

DEV Zoom wrote:

Another idea would be to have a minimum range for support modules, but I don't know whether this is technically possible. It would do basically nothing to player controlled robots, but it would break support followbots since they stick close to you.

How about just do not follow the flagged targets?.. Or/and if you flagged.

Why the crybabies wins?

64 (edited by Hunter 2013-12-18 11:11:23)

http://i.imgur.com/QEdImpj.png How do you like this?.. He have 1+ km ewar range, detector, 2 suppressors
and ECM. This guy paid more for the follow booster with RSAs...

Why the crybabies wins?

Not OP at all considering Mesmer MK2 can get 811m range maximum with full range extender fit. That fit needs followbot and still is way too far off to even be able to hit those bots.

Not OP at all. roll

Burial wrote:

Not OP at all considering Mesmer MK2 can get 811m range maximum with full range extender fit. That fit needs followbot and still is way too far off to even be able to hit those bots.

Not OP at all. roll

And can't catch it due to low speed, and can't lr-tackle due to LOS for l-demobs, and...

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

67 (edited by Burial 2013-12-18 11:45:04)

Hey, atleast DPS has ECCM. roll neutral fuuu fuuu fuuu

Burial wrote:

Hey, atleast DPS has ECCM. roll neutral fuuu fuuu fuuu

Which doesn't help against the supressors at all lol

yeah we have more ewar nexus and rsas on the field than id care to say

you are off your rocker dude

You didnt focus on Ewar and other things is not my problem.

Hunter wrote:

http://i.imgur.com/QEdImpj.png How do you like this?.. He have 1+ km ewar range, detector, 2 suppressors

70 (edited by Rage Blackout 2013-12-19 01:51:51)

If you  guys had the most remote idea of how to play this game or do ewar or do support, you would stop losing.

71 (edited by Rage Blackout 2013-12-19 01:58:28)

oh and jesus christ hunter ecms dont go on Zeniths

--------------

Nothing you ask to have changed will ever offer you an advantage because you are simply not good at PvP.

Your leaders think one dimensionally and your players dont understand the dynamics of the game and pvp in general.

There are a dozen ways to counter support bots and ewars, you just dont care to do anything other than press spacebar.

If we are playing, you will never win.  You only defeat ghost towns where there is no opponent.

72 (edited by Norrdec 2013-12-19 01:58:49)

Hunter wrote:

- Bogus screenshot. He has 1km locking range, he is not applying any EWAR to you.
- Your fit is ECORP Mk2, but replace recharger with x2 medium plate.

And since you're evidently batshit ***, I'll reveal the big secret - Farlock NEXUS. There we go, cat is out of the bag. Whoop-de-f*cking-doo.

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

73 (edited by Line 2013-12-19 07:35:07)

Norrdec wrote:
Hunter wrote:

- Bogus screenshot. He has 1km locking range, he is not applying any EWAR to you.

And since you're evidently batshit ***, I'll reveal the big secret - Farlock NEXUS. There we go, cat is out of the bag. Whoop-de-f*cking-doo.

He opened robot info window not just to make a picture more attractive. He runs 2x sensor amps active, but his locking range and time...HOW CAN THAT BE OMG OMG PHOTOSHOP!!!111oneoneeleven

Tell you what, I've made some maths. Zenith Mk2 can supress a target on approx 1104m without any troubles...but that's required RSA if you need to be masked or having a detector. Tell you more, 1104 isn't a limit and could be extended furthermore.

Are Ewars OP? Ofc no, what a joke lol

74 (edited by Burial 2013-12-19 07:41:13)

Norrdec wrote:
Hunter wrote:

Those are the guys who say EW is not overpowered. You can't even comprehent a simple picture.

Veteran Ewar pilots can do amazing things.

I wouldnt expect anything less.