Re: instant logg out

Rage Blackout wrote:

If you people had something constructive to say once in a while, there would be 100 pages.

but, you just say, "make it this way" because that is how STC/Nebs pants-on-headers want it so they can cheat their way through everything.  Easymode engaged.  Hey look I have 100 billion nic from expoliting missions for a year.   yay we win

Something constructive to say, from the guy who's posted 31 times out of 101 posts in this thread .... lol

Whats wrong with 5 minutes on terrain after log off? Same as a PvP flag, and you guys are such elite pvpers surely you'd only need 3. But wait, you want everything on easy mode and tailored to your roaming pvp style, right?

Arga wrote:

Maybe we should just go hard-hard core mode, where bots are on terrain all the time. No outposts, no logging.

This would be a step in the right direction, atleast for beta + gamma. Logging is a no go in pvp zones!

Like, unable to manually log-off while on Beta/Gamma? And in case of disconnect, stay on field for about 5 min and reimbursement tickets are going into /dev/null instantly?

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Cassius wrote:
Rage Blackout wrote:

If you people had something constructive to say once in a while, there would be 100 pages.

but, you just say, "make it this way" because that is how STC/Nebs pants-on-headers want it so they can cheat their way through everything.  Easymode engaged.  Hey look I have 100 billion nic from expoliting missions for a year.   yay we win

Something constructive to say, from the guy who's posted 31 times out of 101 posts in this thread .... lol

Whats wrong with 5 minutes on terrain after log off? Same as a PvP flag, and you guys are such elite pvpers surely you'd only need 3. But wait, you want everything on easy mode and tailored to your roaming pvp style, right?

2 minutes is a complete joke and 5 minutes is painfully problematic. It was infinite for three years, so I think reducing it from infinite to 15 minutes is reasonable. The only point of changing it was for rare occurrences.

There should be absolutely NO incentive, or even hope that logging off will save you during lock and module aggression. 15 may accomplish that ...5 most certainly will not.

Sparking to other games

Line wrote:

Like, unable to manually log-off while on Beta/Gamma? And in case of disconnect, stay on field for about 5 min and reimbursement tickets are going into /dev/null instantly?

I dont get this reimbursement thing if you disconnect... If you are in a pvp zone expect to lose stuff or dont go there.

I honestly can't even believe that a 2 minute timer is considered. On a *** scale of 1 - 10 that is definitely potato.

How in gods name do you ever kill a mining party on beta?

SpnX wrote:
Line wrote:

I dont get this reimbursement thing if you disconnect... If you are in a pvp zone expect to lose stuff or dont go there.

If you disconnect (extreme lag spikes or whatever like that) in the middle of NPC spawn - you actually can ask for reimbursement. Dunno if it's work for PvP islands too, but with the proposed changes can be removed.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

108 (edited by BeastmodeGuNs 2013-12-18 18:50:35)

Cassius wrote:
Rage Blackout wrote:

Hey, its beta, if you get caught by roamers then you have to deal with it or maybe don't go on beta.
And us? Wanting everything easy mode?

May I remind you of which side cried to the Devs for changes to gamma mechanics that worked in your coalition's favor as easy mode?

Anyways, back on topic, I'll slap in examples.

Ex 1: roamers in speedy lights/assaults discover mining rivelers on beta that are shield tanked
Detector spots roamers,
Miners begin instant log
roamers get to miners and start laying damage.
miners shield's break and health is around half or so
*insta log success*

Ex 2: a small roaming party of mechs run into a solo heavily shield tanked target like a green bot or a lithus
opponent starts insta log
Roamers go to fight/attack it
shield is close to breaking or already broken
*insta log success*

and of course....

Ex 3: SAP defense is in place, a SAP is up and a heavy fleet is sitting on it guarding it.
Enemy mech or heavy mech force with even or superior numbers goes to attack
Detector spots
insta log starts
mech/heavymech squad gets over, kills one or bots MAYBE
*rest insta log successfully*

and that could be either with a 2 minute or 5 minute logoff, i say make it somewhere between 8-12 minutes for insta log, would not be super long, but would hopefully be anywhere near balanced/fair just SOMEWHERE near! fuuu

Reading this signature fills you with determination.

Its simple if you get aggressed with a module no instant log.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

110 (edited by Cassius 2013-12-18 21:44:23)

Beast, I am aware of the issues. Tbh I could care less if its 5 or 10 minutes. But since the time to run your PvP flag out is 5 minutes, and for 3 years everyone scrambles to try and kill someone who deaggresses and waits their flag out, I'm suggesting the same time. Even 10 minutes, I dont care. You should be able to kill most bots in 5 minutes and any bot within 10.

its 15 in steve WITHOUT an active module on you .. with your logged in forever. Ask Cyvok about 2 minute timers.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

112 (edited by Rex Amelius 2013-12-18 23:37:27)

Cassius wrote:

Beast, I am aware of the issues. Tbh I could care less if its 5 or 10 minutes. But since the time to run your PvP flag out is 5 minutes, and for 3 years everyone scrambles to try and kill someone who deaggresses and waits their flag out, I'm suggesting the same time. Even 10 minutes, I dont care. You should be able to kill most bots in 5 minutes and any bot within 10.

No reason to jumble the flag timer with with the log off timer. Flag mechanic relates to docking and jumping to alpha. If your flag drops in the middle of the island that's not going to save you after 5 minutes when you're being agressed. Nor should 5 mins save you on log.

Now if your flag drops and you can safe log after 2 minutes. You should even be able to insta log and disappear from field after 2 minutes still. But ONLY if no player (exclude NPC) is agressing you with some mod.

The 15 minute timer should start on insta log only when agressed by player. If no aggression and no flag, 2 minutes is fine. If flagged then the greater of 2 minutes or remaining flag time.

If you log before agressed the enemy has 2 minutes to agress you. If they miss you in 2 minute window you're safe. If they agress you in before 2 minutes expires 15 minute timer (minus time already logging) to kill you on the field.

Sparking to other games

113 (edited by Rage Blackout 2013-12-19 01:29:30)

Instant log is basically a teleporter that sends you away from danger that has a 2 minute warmup and doesnt need to be dropped.

That is as simple as I can make it.

... and it needs to be fixed.

A demob to turn it off is perfectly fine.

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

5 minutes is reasonable in any case.

I am waiting for you on Xiantor.  You promised we would see you.  I guess I'll have to wait for the weekend  ;P

Cassius wrote:

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

115 (edited by Burial 2013-12-19 05:54:20)

5 minutes is still quite short if you consider how much the walking is going to take if the target is nowhere near teleports. I'd say when target is locked*, he stays on the terrain for 15 minutes even after safelog/X-out. If hes not locked then the usual rules apply.

This should also keep the double Scarab lock and X-out method at bay.

* I say locking because everyone has a lock but not everyone has a demob. While in most cases, the agent will be demobbed but it should not be considered as a rule of thumb.

116 (edited by Cassius 2013-12-19 17:16:24)

i guess what everyone is kinda forgetting is any mining party, and most combat situations where someone wants to escape, if they are faced with even a 5 minute minimum log off time, they will simply drop an armoured the instant a masked demobber completes the lock. So for a single target, you only have 3 minutes, and lets say for a party of 3 the last guy will be gone at 4:30.

This is the reality right now.  For the last 3 years you have had to kill someone either before his timer ran out or before his tele charged. ALL SIDES DO THIS.

No matter what, I agree that logoffski should NOT be a viable escape from combat. If 5 is too short, make it 10.
I like 5 since its the same time as the PvP flag, but I don't care what its set at as long as its not indefinite. I won't be using logoffski to avoid combat.  The only time it should occur is an unintentional crash or disco, which unfortunately happens enough in this game. Even then, there is nothing stopping a player relogging in right away usually.

And a logoff trap is completely different and an excellent and valid tactic.

That is fine, at least they are using an existing in-game mechanic to get away.

Cassius wrote:

i guess what everyone is kinda forgetting is any mining party, and most combat situations where someone wants to escape, if they are faced with even a 5 minute minimum log off time, they will simply drop an armoured the instant a masked demobber completes the lock. So for a single target, you only have 3 minutes, and lets say for a party of 3 the last guy will be gone at 4:30.

This is the reality right now.  For the last 3 years you have had to kill someone either before his timer ran out or before his tele charged. ALL SIDES DO THIS.

No matter what, I agree that logoffski should NOT be a viable escape from combat. If 5 is too short, make it 10.
I like 5 since its the same time as the PvP flag, but I don't care what its set at as long as its not indefinite. I won't be using logoffski to avoid combat.  The only time it should occur is an unintentional crash or disco, which unfortunately happens enough in this game. Even then, there is nothing stopping a player relogging in right away usually.

And a logoff trap is completely different and an excellent and valid tactic.

Thx for the tip I didnt know that o7

CHange it, this is not good. 5 min minimum.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Burial wrote:

5 minutes is still quite short if you consider how much the walking is going to take if the target is nowhere near teleports. I'd say when target is locked*, he stays on the terrain for 15 minutes even after safelog/X-out. If hes not locked then the usual rules apply.

Rage Blackout wrote:

5 minutes is reasonable in any case.

Thank you Gunner and Burial for this simple opportunity to illustrate an important point.

When it comes to game mechanics you should find that political sides do not define sides of a debate, necessarily. Like minds often flock together and often political sides will share similar view, even on game mechanics.

In this case I agree with Burial and disagree with Gunner (Rage) for reasons already explained.

Moral: game mechanic debate not always equal to political affiliation.

Sparking to other games

DEV Zoom wrote:

Can you see the difference between being able to see what's happening to your robot and acting on it if you see that it's not going well, versus not being able to see it? Or is everybody 100% sure here that his robot can survive anything for 2 minutes without any control whatsoever?

I'm 100% positive I can shield just about any bot and have 99.99% chance of 2 min survival

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men
http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=agent-his … mp;month=7 Best month 104 to 1 k/d

Make it like it used to be, if there's a bot aggressing theres no logging out until aggression stops and 2 minutes pass.

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

Norrdec wrote:

Make it like it used to be, if there's a bot aggressing theres no logging out until aggression stops and 2 minutes pass.

but but!  what abouth the logged of EPITRON mining on gamma!?   lol....

Solved by making instant logging automatically turn off all running modules on the bot, what sensible people would do.

Or hey, go full *** and make it so bots vanish from terrain after 2 minutes no matter what.

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

Lobo wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

Can you see the difference between being able to see what's happening to your robot and acting on it if you see that it's not going well, versus not being able to see it? Or is everybody 100% sure here that his robot can survive anything for 2 minutes without any control whatsoever?

I'm 100% positive I can shield just about any bot and have 99.99% chance of 2 min survival

Since of takes at least 60 seconds even in speed mechs to get to miners on beta your talking 60 seconds to kill an entire mining party.

Nerf miners!

Line a forum warrior rarely seen on the field of combat. It's like the guy in finance telling the infantry soldier he's doing it wrong nothing more to see here move along.

We are playing chess and the rest of perp is playing checkers.   http://stringcan.com/wp-content/uploads … 80x305.jpg     
http://www.youtube.com/user/Alkore321/videos