26 (edited by Balfizar 2013-12-17 18:12:57)

Re: Terraforming fix around gamma teleports

Dev zoom how about u just delete the island sink it into the sea then everything will be covered and both sides loose everything I would be ok with this

We are playing chess and the rest of perp is playing checkers.   http://stringcan.com/wp-content/uploads … 80x305.jpg     
http://www.youtube.com/user/Alkore321/videos

Feeling tired already? Heydelhorn must sound nice and cozy. Defending some SAPs perhaps? Trying to gank a miner or two? cool

Tired? We're not the ones that packed up and left last night

Burial wrote:

Feeling tired already? Heydelhorn must sound nice and cozy. Defending some SAPs perhaps? Trying to gank a miner or two? cool

We are playing chess and the rest of perp is playing checkers.   http://stringcan.com/wp-content/uploads … 80x305.jpg     

You kept shooting whole night, that's why I'm asking. Repped and boosted turrets turned out to be too much though I see.

Yep, you stayed up all night and exploited the bug that wouldn't allow us to get onto the island. We had a fleet just waiting to come and kick your teeth in, but weren't given the opportunity due to a broken game mechanic. Its all good, we know you guys need the exploit to even have a chance.

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

Balfizar wrote:

Tired? We're not the ones that packed up and left last night

Burial wrote:

Lets not forget, STC is living in that special alternate Universe for the losing challenged people where they always think they are winning. lol

Tear harvested to lvl 10 max stats applied

Burial wrote:

You kept shooting whole night, that's why I'm asking. Repped and boosted turrets turned out to be too much though I see.

Does anyone know of a gamma base that fell by anything other than stupid mechanics and bullshit tactics?

Its about time we give up on this failed gamma experiment and start again.

Agreed wipe and sink all gammas

Perceptor wrote:

Does anyone know of a gamma base that fell by anything other than stupid mechanics and bullshit tactics?

Its about time we give up on this failed gamma experiment and start again.

Just get it over with and turn the server off.

2nd Top Killer 2012
02: 061 -- 353 -- 292 : Xadhoom

"Annihilator no fix for crashes when fighting burial/merkle/xadhoom ?"

Shadowmine wrote:

Yep, you stayed up all night and exploited the bug that wouldn't allow us to get onto the island. We had a fleet just waiting to come and kick your teeth in, but weren't given the opportunity due to a broken game mechanic. Its all good, we know you guys need the exploit to even have a chance.

Exploiting what bug?  You could have gotten in the East gate.  You could have single tiled up the west on the north side?  Your fleet which composed of some rag tag PVERs, and Inda?  Lolzors!  Didn't need an exploit when we kicked the front door down 3 days ago lol.  Ha Ha Ha.  I stayed up till 3AM to put that West terminal into reinforced.  It's not MY FAULT you didn't want to work to get in.  You could have come knocking on the East TP, theres an entrance there.  lololol 

You guys are hilarious.  Maybe you weren't there the night before your "fleet just waiting to come and kick your teeth in(lol)" when we attempted to seal that entire side of the island off and couldn't because of the bug.  Your teeth kicking in fleets a tad bit small imo. 

You have NO ideas what is waiting for you, do you? 

Amirite Norrdec?  smile

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

If you are seriously thinking about rolling back Xiantor because of this petty ***, you also need to roll back Landers and Bergers because they used unintended game mechanics to breach both islands.  Once I reported these glitches in full because I almost got terraformed into the ground the Devs finally fixed it.  2 weeks later!!!

The biggest bucket of silliness is that Burial can't even handle a small glitch and implement a work around on the fly!!

Burials solution??  Oh just have the Devs cheat everything back to where it was before some unintended mechanic!!! 

WHAT THA *** EVER!!!

Some people play checkers, some play chess...  Once in a while you can find a guy playing GO.  The former is prey, the secondary is a teacher, and the latter is a general.

Shadowmine wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

The difference is that in the case of duping items the effect is something that we can clearly track and act on.

But gamma politics - that's a whole different can of worms. We don't track who beats whom or who is with whom, anything we do there to interfere more could be just insult to injury.

Your logs show the turrets that were taken over and deconned yesterday. Just Remove those turrets from the game. Then both sides wasted their time yesterday. Roll the reinforce timers back a day on reinforced structures and we are mostly back to zero. I understand not wanting to give back turrets, but don't let people profit from this bug...

Are u kidding???

That place wuld be terraformed to hell and back if the bug dint exsit...
we were alredy planing this 2 days ago.

The turret Deconing was just *** setups had nothing to do whit any bugs..  stopp crying holy *** you guys crie like little babys when ur sucking at this game.

39 (edited by Norrdec 2013-12-17 21:54:09)

It shouldn't be possible to reimburse anything because;

a) It was lost in PVP (reimbursement policy is pretty clear on this)
b) No other Gamma bases were reimbursed for bug abuse (shooting through walls & safelogging to hop over walls)
c) Every Gamma base that has been lost was lost due to bugs OR Devs changing the game to invalidate base designs.

However precisely because EVERY Gamma base was lost due to Dev interference or bugs, the entire game (assets, EP, everything) should be rolled back to the day Gamma released. That way no assets aquired through ill means will exist in the game.

Ville wrote:

You have NO ideas what is waiting for you, do you? 

Amirite Norrdec?  smile

I'd take chest-beating more seriously if it was coming from someone who actually won a fight against us. lol

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

Norrdec wrote:

However precisely because EVERY Gamma base was lost due to Dev interference or bugs, the entire game (assets, EP, everything) should be rolled back to the day Gamma released.

Grrr. So true.

Only STC would take such a clear set of facts and make themselves the victim, but to distill through the bullshit:

1) Xiantor has been under attack for two weeks

2) a terraforming block would help the defender - not the aggressor - it protects YOUR defenses

3) if this annoying bug didn't exist the island would be totally shut down already - this has actually PROVIDED opportunity for you to attack.

4) The bug hurt us FAR more than you - we had to terraform a lot deeper - you would have never got on the island

It really just makes no sense that someone with established sparks, defenses and material on site would be disadvantaged by your OWN defenses not getting terraformed.

Its just spinning and idiocy.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

It's also very important to note that the "bug" impacted both sides in equal ways, the same way we couldn't terraform off the gate and stop them from moving stuff inside, they couldn't terraform in to get stuff in. With the "bug" present, we had no way of sealing off the gate which allowed them to get their stuff inside in the first place.

The only scenario where we could possibly have our teeth kicked in, is if they finally dupe Zoom into nerfing EWAR (which is hard to multibox) thus allowing them to use an entire army of tanked heavy alts which can be quite successfully multiboxed either normally or with Isoboxer. And even with that, it would still be a 50-50 fight.

So to summarize, either roll it all back or roll nothing back.

43 (edited by Inda 2013-12-17 22:16:59)

Gamma is an experimetn, we should live with it :S
So who go out Gamma he knows he can lose eveyrthing by a gamechange (thats why I didnt lost more assets never ingame).

But Devs probably should make a state "experimetn status" or "beta" !

I am not kidding atm. Devs pls go and think of it.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

You guys are crazy.

The seige started before the patch that even introduced the bug. Had that bug not occured we could have locked off the terminal at the 1000 range making it impossible for you guys to get on the island at all. Instead we had to deal with terraforming at 2000. That took more time and still permitted you to sneak in lights and sequors.

Then when our defenses were already committed to 2000 you guys got a ninja patch this morning allowing you to break in.

And Zoom, my corp mates tell me you  told us that you would not make the change in the middle of a gamma siege without two-party agreement. True? What happened to that?

Sparking to other games

Rex Amelius wrote:

And Zoom, my corp mates tell me you  told us that you would not make the change in the middle of a gamma siege without two-party agreement. True? What happened to that?

This is the exact quote from yesterday evening:

[23:30:44] <DEV Zoom> Xiantor: I can do anything you want there but everyone has to agree on it

Out of context this sounds different but at that time this meant "I can do anything right now manually", meaning terraform a little road on the wall around the teleport so heavies could get through or whatever, but there was no consensus (surprise!) so I didn't do anything. But this didn't mean that we need the players' permission to fix the actual bug, the anti-terraform blocks.

Mind you, I can manually paint and clear anti-terraform blocks like you do terraforming, but this had to be done at the same time for all islands, otherwise we would have been accused for favorism again. And we could only do that today. That's basically the whole story.

I was about to say what agreement would allow you guys to continue while a bug was in place, but Zoom just clarified.

Lets see patch on Saturday, something breaks. Fixed today.
In the meantime it was helpful for someone.

Its not the end of the game, I don't see this as a big deal, tbh.

I can easily see how that would get confused and/or misscommunicated, thanks for response.

As for you clowns calling for rollback on Xiantor, you're still crazy.

Sparking to other games

48 (edited by Rex Amelius 2013-12-17 23:07:46)

Cassius wrote:

I was about to say what agreement would allow you guys to continue while a bug was in place, but Zoom just clarified.

Lets see patch on Saturday, something breaks. Fixed today.
In the meantime it was helpful for STC allies.

Its not the end of the game, I don't see asking for more advantages as a big deal, tbh.

Sparking to other games

Come on peeps, I bet this topic can beat Spark Teleport thread. Lets keep it going, don't get tired now!

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

You should still rollback the whole game to day before Gamma was released. Give those subscribed for the time of the gamma exploits era ICE for their subs, should suffice.