Topic: Current players Need a EP reset Before Steam

I have made a petition to the devs about an ep reset is needed. The answer i got back was we will work something out. (Hungarian translation - SOON)

With all the changes that have been done lately (Mainly indy and missions) an ep reset is needed.

1. People have designed  their accounts to produce OR prototype. Now with the current changes if you have this setup, the bonuses that are given cant be utilized. This is not because of poor planning or anything to a players fault. The game mechanics have changed.

2. Just for the sake of time people have spent ep, and perhaps would take an alternate course. But there is no way to change this currently.

At least this option should be offered to player perhaps once per year, or 1 ICE per reset. Again Limit once per year.

2 (edited by Burial 2013-12-11 03:19:05)

Re: Current players Need a EP reset Before Steam

I don't think full EP reset is ever needed. Players make choices and they need to stick with them. If some mechanic gets changed, I agree that that affected skills should get reset and reimbused.

About the 2: You can take alternative route. Just start training something and you will be there eventually.

3 (edited by Diamond 2013-12-11 04:51:09)

With so many large changes to several key things, some character builds are all messed up. 

They need to at least reimburse the indy skills related to prototyping production stuff that was altered when the kernel research change came in.

Nobody can tell the future.

Burial wrote:

I don't think full EP reset is ever needed. Players make choices and they need to stick with them. If some mechanic gets changed, I agree that that affected skills should get reset and reimbused.

About the 2: You can take alternative route. Just start training something and you will be there eventually.

4 (edited by Hunter 2013-12-11 05:05:00)

Needed?......

Talk about yourself buddy. If you need it - delete your charachters and create it again. Personally i don't need it. I feel fine as is.

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

You arent even making sense.

Hunter wrote:

Needed?......

Talk about yourself buddy. If you need it - delete your charachters and create it again. Personally i don't need it. I feel fine as is.

6 (edited by Homer J Simpson 2013-12-11 14:20:09)

wtf not this again.... The DEVs should never do EP resets for when a game changes unless an Extension is removed.  Seriously EVERY time the devs make a change theres always a small but vocal minority that cry for a ep reset.

When the production system was changed to a points systems people cried for a indy reset i said F*** that im keeping what ever advantages i have, i dont care if its now less than what it was b4 still works in my favore. 

This is a sand box game where your actions & what you do & train with you Alter ego mean something.  new players get 30days to undo any little F***ups they make.

You want a real issue to get on the DEVs backs about when it comes to Extension refunds how about...

Refunding or fixing the broken Harvesting Extensions?
From Zoom in general Chat awhile ago :

http://pastebin.com/CGYGBnrX

just incase your lazy:

[22:49:17] <DEV Zoom> it can't be done, because the other extensions that we have now don't even work
[22:49:40] <DEV Zoom> well, they work, but all of them work globally, not specific to a plant
[22:50:10] <DEV Zoom> no, all of them stack now

[22:54:17] <Tonnik> either reduce everything to a single skill based on an average of your harevsting skills and refund exccess rp (ep?)

So why dont we get on this little chestnut. The devs should refund us for EP that has been spent on extensions that are broken. or better get either make them work as they should OR get rid of them all & give us some simplified extensions that actually make sense smile

100%   refund

Its for the people who have manufacturing skills on one too. And prototyping on the other.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

When mechanics change someone gets screwed. But no one ever talks about the advantage they had before the change, or how much nic they raked in or the kills they got. I completely understand players making long term investments only to have things change and obselete an entire character ... But its part of the game. I don't think EP resets outside of the extensions changed should be done.

Yeah because that train of thought didn't lead to the mass exodus of players.  Keep the trolls for corp diag and let the adults have serious discussions.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

11 (edited by Martha Stuart 2013-12-12 21:19:24)

Ville wrote:

Keep the trolls for corp diag and let the adults have serious discussions.

This would apply to pretty much everything that comes out of your mouth smile

As to the OP, I don't think any reset should occur.  We all made our decisions and we should all live with them.  Plus it's not like it is hard to get EP.

12 (edited by Atticus 2013-12-13 02:34:07)

Ville wrote:

Yeah because that train of thought didn't lead to the mass exodus of players.  Keep the trolls for corp diag and let the adults have serious discussions.

Wut? Are you referring to my post? Because if you read it, none of it is trolling, there is nothing about corps or advantages, its a general comment on the topic.

not needed

Why the crybabies wins?

14 (edited by Rex Amelius 2013-12-13 05:32:18)

I have proto and manufacturing on two different characters. But I don't need that reason to WANT a full EP reset. I never really understood the big deal about resets. Obviously, you shouldn't be able to reset at will everyday with every character. It would need something like a global cooldown timer. lol

Sparking to other games

Big deal of EP resets - it's the Robot of Week issue - when you respec to what suits the current tactics and strategy best. F.e. you got your enemy tired, outnumbered finally, took all their OPs - now you're planning to siege their Gammas, but hey - mesmers and vagabonds aren't good enough for that - respec to zeniths and seths/grophos, guys! - and other similar situations. That's why most of players and DEVs are against EP resets - if someone made a choice, he should live with that and save some EP if he wants other things.

I think that there is two acceptable forms of EP reset tho - one makes you sacrifice 10% of total EP accumulated each time you're performing a reset, and other is - 1 year cooldown. Or mixed, why not.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

it's enough just to start invest EP in the skills that you needed.

Why the crybabies wins?

Thing about proto char resets is you have never been able to reset your proto guy without losing the research. With that in mind, what the *** is this thread even about?

Line wrote:

I think that there is two acceptable forms of EP reset tho - one makes you sacrifice 10% of total EP accumulated each time you're performing a reset, and other is - 1 year cooldown. Or mixed, why not.

I think a full year is sufficent. That ellimiates all the tactical type uses. It's tempting to agree on the penalty ...but it's just not necessary. Why punish?

Sparking to other games

Just sub your acct for another year and you will have all the ep you need and not have to whine about ep reset. smile

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

Reset EP of those skills related to industry that have had some changes of late.

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

Sure a not manditory reset with a 25% ep lose.

I am ok with that.

2nd Top Killer 2012
02: 061 -- 353 -- 292 : Xadhoom

"Annihilator no fix for crashes when fighting burial/merkle/xadhoom ?"

Because the ep gap between new and old players isn't big enough already. We should allow the older accts to respec their accts so there will be an even greater gap. What could possibly be wrong with that? tongue

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

Respec with 25% penalty, that will lower the gap!

+1 for respec with penalty.

Btw talking about EP and changes - why this was implemented in that way, without resetting extensions etc?