Topic: Writers needed

http://themittani.com/news/december-sit … ng-writers

Might be a good chance to put this game back on the eve players maps.

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men
http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=agent-his … mp;month=7 Best month 104 to 1 k/d

Re: Writers needed

That could be the best marketting idea ive heard in a long time.  Thousands of people visti that site everyday!

3 (edited by Inda 2013-12-08 19:14:59)

I have a story about to Perpetuum, I just need to translate ot english, not I wrote it just one from HUN before long time ago.

Also didnt had the time to read all the post there. So anybody could summarize it would be nice.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

4 (edited by Burial 2013-12-08 20:04:08)

2 articles per month is a problem. I understand 2 in a year.

Either way, it needs to be a dramatic story. Those work there.

one awesome pvp related story could make an mpact

6 (edited by Gremrod 2013-12-08 20:47:45)

Why doesn't someone write about any recent gamma base fights with details around how it works etc. Of course add the drama into it that ensured during the base loss etc.

EDIT: Ah I see they want writers to come on board and write 2 every month.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

Gremrod wrote:

Why doesn't someone write about any recent gamma base fights with details around how it works etc. Of course add the drama into it that ensured during the base loss etc.

Thats if you plan on earning money or isk/plex in eve

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men

Gremrod wrote:

and there havent been any gamma fights for like a year, just STC exploiting terrible gamma mechanics to shoot afk gammas and feel strong

CHAOS and friends actually had people to defend. Just no leaders.

10 (edited by Gunner 2013-12-09 10:40:53)

There could still be a story worth telling even if it is just about a simple skirmish.

If the right person writes it.

The article says that they're always open for freelancing, but do not promise that they will accept/post the article.

What I've thought about for quite a while now was staging fights or events for publicity.
It can't be that expensive to put up a simple T1 outpost, and split the playerbase in two even halfs, put them in cheap T1 equipment and have a good planned siege/fight with a planend outcome (or not), just for the sake of advertising.
The only real issue I see (and noticed for example during the Tellesis skirmish we had a little while ago) is that some people can't cut back their ego for a bit. If everyone would act like a reasonable human being for the duration of that event I think we could make it a lot easier for the devs, or ourselves, to do some advertising or even put together a communityproduced trailer (what awesome advertising would THAT be?! wink )

.. or could just fabricate. Right Lobo? cool

Khetar wrote:

The only real issue I see  is that some people can't cut back their ego for a bit.

^ the real issue why this game is so dead.

Let the flame begin!

You know what would get TMC's attention .. the DEV run tournament :

Any thing about some small P*ssy fight in a game that has so few people would be laughed at.

After steam then we might have enough drama & deaths to keep some writers going smile

I think those player and dev run events don't generate as much publicity as a multi-billion NIC corp theft or some other form of meta-gaming. That's what makes games like Perp and EVE so fun.

Burial wrote:

I think those player and dev run events don't generate as much publicity as a multi-billion NIC corp theft or some other form of meta-gaming. That's what makes games like Perp and EVE so fun.

Um The EVE Torny was massive back when i played lol it was talked about in my corp, alliance, coalition it was a big deal.

Player driven events & drama does make news but those are things outside of the DEVs control. A Well run Torny isnt how ever & DEVs can give much better prizes than players lol smile

Burial wrote:

We can meet on a neutral TS to talk on such things if you would like. tongue

Burial wrote:

Brb, creating new character..

Khetar wrote:
Burial wrote:

Brb, creating new character..

You might be too late... :-D

20 (edited by Burial 2013-12-10 15:59:21)

Lobo wrote:
Burial wrote:

We can meet on a neutral TS to talk on such things if you would like. tongue

I'm up for it!

Lord Of The Trolls wrote:
Burial wrote:

Um The EVE Torny was massive back when i played lol it was talked about in my corp, alliance, coalition it was a big deal.

Player driven events & drama does make news but those are things outside of the DEVs control. A Well run Torny isnt how ever & DEVs can give much better prizes than players lol smile

Part of why it's so popular is because CCP itself hypes the event up too. It's promoted and marketed to hell's end and they are doing very nice job with the interviews, podcasts etc too.

If you follow "Eve is real" stories, especially the comments, you see a lot of people there are talking how they started playing the game after hearing some metagaming story and not because of the alliance tournament.

Drama is what makes those sandboxes fun.

21 (edited by Gunner 2013-12-10 19:05:58)

If atleast one interesting story was published, that would be good.

He wants two per month, but once a single story published, the marketting is achieved.

Burial wrote:

... a lot of people there are talking how they started playing the game after hearing some metagaming story...

Thats exactly what made me start EVE - the story made the BBC's premier and world renowned morning news programme* that is normally concerned with politics, economics and natural disasters. I thought: Blimey! This game's worth checking out and they had me for two years.

* Radio 4's (formerly the Home Service) 'Today' in case you were wondering - which you probably weren't.