Re: Beta islands being mostly dead.

You cant shoot 1000m with anything but a sniper Seth with a remote sensor amplifying butt buddy at his side.  Even then, the chance you'll actually hit the intakt due to terrain and low surface size makes it highly unlikely as well.

You can get the arkhe over any reasonable speed for a fit bot, so anything that can catch you will likely do very little to you anyway other than an ewar with only demobs fit.

The point is that its actually costing something to do the scouting with the intakt, whereas the Arkhe scout can be done by any noob just joining the game.  The cost is not only the materials to make it, but the time taken to mine it, reverse engineering to get the CT, and the time to actually produce it.  These take production lines that could be taken up by something "more useful" by your explanation.

Sure, it will be cheap to make an intakt in late game, and it is relatively cheap to make now, but it will still be that it costs something, where the arkhe costs nothing.

Stealth, no.  Maybe variable radar detection ranges, but 'invisible' stealth no.

I am Perpetuum's Most Dangerous Agent and an equal opportunity troll.
-> You just lost The Game <-
"Perpetuum sounds like a something I would stick up my *** for enjoyement." -Kaito Kurusaki

77 (edited by Shmekla 2010-12-14 10:26:08)

Fact that ecm bot has longest target range and fastest speed is makes them only viable choice for  small group pvp.
ECM bots should have similar speed to their class (light, med) and large target range. Then they will be effective at controlling fight, but will lose ultimate tackler role.

For tackling there must be other bot - fast, agile but with ordinary locking range. It is important that target should have chance to retaliate or kill tackler if the main forces are to slow.

And radar range is to large for agents. It should be much lees or change to some kind "detection rage" that would vary depending on actions of target (shooting, moving, idling, hiding)

Like you could detect agent at 1km if they is shooting, ~800m if  only moving, ~600 idling, and real close when hiding. And maybe detection could also be dependent on size/class , like tackler bot has bonus to detection range and/or bonus to "been detected".

As for escape mechanics there could be some teleportation beacons (I know that similar exist in game) They will be small and have activation timer like charging or similar and range up to 1.5km - 1km. Player could drop it on map where they want and in emergency case could teleport to beacons.

Beacons has range so you can teleport only within that range. Beacons has timer that depends on size/class of bot (like EVE smaller ships warp faster that bigger).

Neoxx wrote:

Stealth, no.  Maybe variable radar detection ranges, but 'invisible' stealth no.

Why not? We are talking about a highly advanced tech civilization.

You don't think they have invented stealth capabilities yet?

Jeronas wrote:
Neoxx wrote:

by the same logic you¨d think they have invented scaner to see stealth

GoodKat wrote:
Jeronas wrote:
Neoxx wrote:

by the same logic you¨d think they have invented scaner to see stealth

And a scanner that sees the scanner to see stealth.

The Game

Concurrent post tunnel and logic tunnel ftw.

"Perpetuum sounds like a something I would stick up my *** for enjoyement." -Kaito Kurusaki

Neoxx wrote:

You can get away if you know what you're doing as well.  M2S has been outnumbered on an island when out roaming but still able to get away.  We're just not stupid.  We know how the game works and what we need to do to accomplish our goals.
The Game

Yes, you know the game and I can ques that in M2S squad was only overpowered ECM bots.
There is no solution to catch ECM. (you would say other ECM but in this case it's a draw) you would not engage, so even speed and... we have someone saying that they are leet pvpers smile

i want my 12km/s vaga.....

Shmekla wrote:
Neoxx wrote:

You can get away if you know what you're doing as well.  M2S has been outnumbered on an island when out roaming but still able to get away.  We're just not stupid.  We know how the game works and what we need to do to accomplish our goals.
The Game

Yes, you know the game and I can ques that in M2S squad was only overpowered ECM bots.
There is no solution to catch ECM. (you would say other ECM but in this case it's a draw) you would not engage, so even speed and... we have someone saying that they are leet pvpers smile

ECM is not God.

Really, you can hit someone out to 1000 m, I thought i was picking something extreme... that's actually kinda cool. Heck even if you don't hit them, it would scare the crap out of them big_smile

I think my issue is that I'm all for less government and asking the dev's to solve issues seems like asking for more government regulations. They aren't perfect, so they will have to make some changes to the system, but unless its a glaring oversight I would prefer to see if we can't adjust the world as players to right the wrongs.

It's likely that the Arkhe is over powered as a starter bot, but as I pointed out during the last incursion M2S effectively stopped us from using an arhke zerg by being inbetween the active scan and the outpost. That is an awesome example of skill overcoming an imbalanced game mechanic.

This is the same reason I am against changing the delete cargo thing. I believe using social engineering pirates can work around that by getting the pilots to drop their own cargo in exchange for going free.

If something is an imbalance that clearly gives an advantage than adjust it immeditaly, otherwise lets give the community ways to overcome and excel instead of reducing the game to the least common denominator. If after several weeks the game can't find its own balance, then by all means have the devs adjust it.

As was pointed out, the arkhe issue is more irritating than game breaking, lets give it another few weeks and see if they still have the same impact.

i heart dps:)

Give it some time. There are level 5 missions that pay quite nice (e.g. 500k NIC for a mining mission or 300k for combat mission). Also the missions i checked so far were not that far away from the station, less traveltime than most of level 2 or 3 missions. This should get some people there, im looking for a corp on the pelistal beta island myself to do them.

Voldemort wrote:

Give it some time. There are level 5 missions that pay quite nice (e.g. 500k NIC for a mining mission or 300k for combat mission). Also the missions i checked so far were not that far away from the station, less traveltime than most of level 2 or 3 missions. This should get some people there, im looking for a corp on the pelistal beta island myself to do them.

Guess you haven't done any lvl5 missions then. Just an example: kill 28 bots, at the other end of the beta island, for 225k. These are lvl5 ew/light/assault bots, so bring at least 4 friends with you if you don't wanna die instantly. To make it more funny, they are near an incoming teleport. Risk vs reward is seriously fked up.

devast wrote:
Voldemort wrote:

Guess you haven't done any lvl5 missions then. Just an example: kill 28 bots, at the other end of the beta island, for 225k. These are lvl5 ew/light/assault bots, so bring at least 4 friends with you if you don't wanna die instantly. To make it more funny, they are near an incoming teleport. Risk vs reward is seriously fked up.

This is one of the main reasons the T1 areas are often spawn camped, far more money with less risk for your time on the T1 mission areas.

Who the $#@% is stEvE?

devast wrote:

Guess the corporations which gave you the missions is trash then. I recently checked one from Steltec (not sure if it was 4 or 5), which was not too far from the station and required to kill 7 bots. At the mission spot there were 3-4 mech NPC, nothing else. Should be solo-able with some skills.

In my Arkhe M2 with Light Frame, went to Beta Isles to see if there was much activity, seems pretty quiet. Although I did laugh at seeing a whole group (5+) chase me across half the continent, guess you lot are desperate for some PVP. Instead of blobbing teleporters, why not leave alliances and fight eachother instead, surely that will net you PVPers more action?

...why not leave alliances and fight eachother instead, surely that will net you PVPers more action?

i tried that argument in beta several times against m2s whose members complained about not enough PvP on server, while recruiting all those who desperately wanted to PvP.
Thats why i called it "Predator vs. Prey" instead of "Player vs. Player"