Topic: Castel mk2

A while back trioar mk2 was a unkillable tackle. It was nerfed and is still hard to kill but its no longer unkillable.
but it seems we have overlooked the castel mk2 as it is being used now as the new trioar mk2 tackle with its 5% bonus to recharge and 1% bonus to accumulator capacity it is now a fire and forget missile that latches on the enemy fleet and I do believe this was not intended to be its role.

We are playing chess and the rest of perp is playing checkers.   http://stringcan.com/wp-content/uploads … 80x305.jpg     
http://www.youtube.com/user/Alkore321/videos

2 (edited by Burial 2013-12-04 16:15:24)

Re: Castel mk2

+1

But at the same time, I would like other lights to be more useful too.

(With right fit, Troiar MK2 is just as bad, just lacks detector)

+1

+ 1

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Tyrannos and waspish is no better whit the right fits eighter!

You know what's broken?  Mesmers.  Gauss guns should have a conal area of effect.  Similar to a shotgun.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

every Green bot will get nerfed one by one .....

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

8 (edited by Lobo 2013-12-05 14:18:27)

+1

Just give us a no *** detector platform from Syntec make it a glider and make it not extremely fast but ok speed

Masking    125 rF
Detection  125 rF

2 low slots
1 high slot
1 mid slot (for misc Auto cannon, RR, Energy transfer, Neut, Drainer)

Slope 56
Top Speed 82.8 kph

Bonuses
Basic robotics % Surface hit size
Basic robotics % D-mob resistance
Glider robot control % Accu usage of detector and masker
Spec. Ops. robot control % signal masking modification

Extension Requirements

Basic robo 3
Glider 2
Spec. Op. 2
Detection 3

Model Hack the legs off an Arkhe make it look a little meaner and give it a hover effect.

Lastly reduce all lightbot and mech detection by 10

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men
http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=agent-his … mp;month=7 Best month 104 to 1 k/d

I don't think that detector bot should have good masking abilities aswell.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Problem is, How else do you use a castle mk II for combat?
If the devs overnerf the shield-tanking, it becomes a pricey toy.

Active Armour = dead in 30s< ( but boasting will be a laugh pvm )
Not enough highs for ew to be effective.
No Slots for neuts?  ( but that role is "taken" )
No way to use your capacitor bonuses to inflict something?!?
( Plated - better off in a wasp or castel mk 1)

Just ends up being a super support bot for fast moving gangs, Nexus.. masking... detection
Castel Mk I seems to have a very very very narrow theme.

I'd like to see alot of the robots given more fitting options Missiles/Neuts/Guns.
Yagel & Prometheus mk1's are hell on earth to fit & use with some tactic. Would one extra module slot on the mk1 lights hurt?!? .. minimal fit OPTIONS then?

The mark two version require masses of ep to try make the fit & use. A Yagel mk II doing it's Armour boosted repair will quickly end up splatted.. if you can get the fit on the bloody thing! ( pointless in group warfare )
The Prometheus mk II is very enjoyable for some reason, But I've never found it very practical?

Castel MK II is a low ep shield-tanking-monster or a delightfully easy to fit pvm toy?
While unlike the other factions, it can hide behind hill and dps if needed!
It can threaten anything daft enough to play hill-Games alone.... a personal fav of mine :s

It's going to get nerf'd ( rightly so ) But until they figure out a new green robot theme.. it will remain unchanged?Unless they added modular robot design and focused on module balance instead? wink

The intersection of tackle and tank when it comes to small gangs is one of the least thought out aspects of combat in Perpetuum.

Unless you have a neut troiar/jam cham, small gang tackling with light bots is not a dance where you see if you can survive holding someone down long enough for the rest of your squad to take them out. Instead, it basically devolves into "Did you bring a troiar/ictus/ecm that is not countered by enemy ecm/supression?" If yes, you can break tackle, otherwise just sit there and prepare to die. Ewar here makes numerical differences between groups even more pronounced because the bigger group can always be sure it will hold tackle.

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

I'm sure I've posted this in many other threads, but hey here one more.

The problems that get posted about are essentially the same ones as were being posted about two years ago. Storing up all these things is not a great idea. Regular incremental balancing is the key to success. Having no changes at all is not great. Huge balance patches are fun for a while but they tend to cause as many imbalances as they solve. Some regular small balance tweaks would be very welcome IMO.

Edyth wrote:

Problem is, How else do you use a castle mk II for combat?

Just like Yagel mk2 or Prom mk2?

Ever seen someone fielding one of both in real pvp?
It has its role as cheap, fast tool, as you don't spend epi or brio for production.

Whats going on here?
Isn't this game supposed to be Rock/Paper/Scissors ?
There appears to be in game counters for this already.

Ewar the crap out of it so it cant tackle,
Nuet the crap out of it so it can't tank,
or both.

15 (edited by Kaldenines 2014-04-09 16:45:13)

Nop it's more like Rock (blue) Paper (yellow) Shotgun (green).

Oh and the only reason nobody is whining about the Gropho is because we don't have 40 man gangs that would be able to 1-shot anything from behind cover.

Edit: also most of the problems seem to arise because of stacking bonuses.

+1
-Confucius

Kaldenines wrote:

Oh and the only reason nobody is whining about the Gropho is because we don't have 40 man gangs that would be able to 1-shot anything from behind cover.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQIQUMWBdRU big_smile

Reading this signature fills you with determination.

Kaldenines wrote:

stacking bonuses + multiboxing (RSA and RR and ET expanding module slots)

IMHO i have the problems to do anything without min-maxing. (hello mikey mouse kain)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

BeastmodeGuNs wrote:
Kaldenines wrote:

I remember this fight.... ahh the good ol days when interference mattered....

19 (edited by Crepitus 2014-04-17 12:21:50)

BeastmodeGuNs wrote:
Kaldenines wrote:

*nostalgic tear* I was there for that.  I think I was the only representative from AXE in that one.  Norhoop was in total disarray, outnumbered and out geared for that fight, iirc.  Also I'm pretty sure that was right before M2S had most of their assets wiped for cheating aka none of that *** was theirs, all T4 everything.

Maybe class balance has changed since I've been gone 2 years (one would hope wink), but Green was the red-headed step child for an exceedingly long time and its ONLY advantage was fire-and-forget (low dps, long missile travel time, arc wasn't that great, they were *** slow) and a decent shield tank.  In fact when I first started playing I rolled Green, felt cheated after I saw how good the other 2 races were and used a reset to go Blue which I enjoyed quite a bit, maybe just a play style preference.

I'm assuming a 40 man group of any heavy mech focus firing could 1 shot anything else ... that seems logical and not like a class balance problem at all.  Maybe it's changed, but you could also dodge missiles if you knew what you were doing and use terrain/buildings just like you could to dodge anything else.  Sounds like a very specific scenario that's been laid out.  In the video you'll notice hoop guys weren't getting 1 shotted until they started spreading out and chasing the m2s blob too closely in the open, it's not like we were dying behind the walls.

tl;dr - poor example

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

I partly dont agree, While the troyer could do the things to hurt people while the shield is up. The castel is mainly a dps bot, meaning the shield will need to be down in order to use it to its fullness.  The Troyer could jam, neut, and tackle all while being extremely hard to kill, but not so for the castel.  Thats my opinion anyway.

BeastmodeGuNs wrote:
Kaldenines wrote:

Oh fond memories, I was there.
Good ol´days. I hope those large scale battles return back soon (TM).

Remedy Inc. recruiting. Schliess dich uns an. Bewerbung und Guides unter: www.remedy-inc.de
#Bad Robot
#RSI Star Citizen: REMEDY

yeah, i miss watching good old chaos footage too.
though, didn't the m2s gropho fleet rely heavily on followbots behind those grophos, and EWAR mechs defending them?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear