Re: Spark Teleports

Heh, sure reading into my post a bit much, removal is not needed.  Burning down the house, is needed.

You and I are on the same page, you are just not bold enough to come out and say what is really needed to completely fix the issue, and put it to bed.

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

1,152 (edited by Supremacy 2013-11-29 22:08:01)

This is what I/we wanted all along.

The DEVs just werent willing to concede that the idea is bad.

We get a nerf to it for now, which I'll take as better than nothing.

I agree, though, just remove sparks system...   Done!  The End of this crap.

burn it down

Norrdec wrote:

In the old days if you wanted to go somewhere you walked there, which typically resulted in 5-6 hours of roaming empty islands and still needing 30-40 minutes to get back home. SpT and interzones were brought in to combat precisely that time investment prerequisite for meaningful game participation. But as with everything that get's implemented, it was implemented haphazardly with zero consideration for what evidently more intelligent people were saying.

Issue 1: Force projection

Instantly jumping between 10/5/? locations for a laughable price with no cooldown? There's batshit ***, then there's this. Increase the world size, then turn it into a fish bowl with the few fish swimming in circles while the cat looks on.

Issue 2: No consequence

Did I mention no cooldown? As in, it's irrelevant if there's a fleet outside your station, spark away for an hour and mine a bit until they get bored & leave, then you can spark back and carry on w/e you were doing?

Solution: Kill it with fire

Whoever came up with this brilliant idea and didn't consider what long-term effect it would have is an evident imbecile and has no business making decisions. Unfortunately, since the afore-mentioned unidentified imbecile will no doubt keep making decisions, the only applicable solution is to tick on a cooldown on spark-jumping (8-12 hours should be sufficient, alternatively make it 24 and tie it to a new extension that ultimately reduces it to 14 hours).

Without that, the only thing you're doing is marginally increasing the fish bowl so the poor little fish have to swim a little bit longer. There is still no consequence for sparking to the wrong place at the wrong time.

TL;DR

Told you so, a long long time ago in an IRC far far away.

Dev's should just go into the database and turn Spark Teleport = False.

Done.

2nd Top Killer 2012
02: 061 -- 353 -- 292 : Xadhoom

"Annihilator no fix for crashes when fighting burial/merkle/xadhoom ?"

\o/  bumpy   tongue

soon?

After being on the winning side of power projection the past few weeks, I'm going to miss Spark TP.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

I will miss it too. roll

1,157 (edited by BeastmodeGuNs 2013-12-13 00:34:30)

Ville wrote:

After being on the winning side of power projection the past few weeks, I'm going to miss Spark TP.

+1, but regardless, the change is still for the better

Reading this signature fills you with determination.

But I thought we only wanted it because without it we couldn't take stations?

Perceptor wrote:

Yes, 47 pages of how you guys couldn't take anything because SpT gave us such an advantage. And yet, you are now taking stations. And SpT is still in the game.... how is this possible? We always said just show up and play the game and you'll be able to take stations. You guys finally have numbers, and are reaping the rewards. SpT had nothing to do with it.

All this change has done is make more walking for any of the expected "SteamNoobs"  who may flood the game ... May.
Or for the people who build and invest in Gamma. PvPers will only be affected by less PvP opportunities.

The change won't even correct the fact that a simple 5-10 minute cooldown was all that was needed.

Dev Zoom fell for a very persistent Ville troll.
Thats all. The game is still sick.

Atticus wrote:
Perceptor wrote:

Yes, 47 pages of how you guys couldn't take anything because SpT gave us such an advantage. And yet, you are now taking stations. And SpT is still in the game.... how is this possible? We always said just show up and play the game and you'll be able to take stations. You guys finally have numbers, and are reaping the rewards. SpT had nothing to do with it.

All this change has done is make more walking for any of the expected "SteamNoobs"  who may flood the game ... May.
Or for the people who build and invest in Gamma. PvPers will only be affected by less PvP opportunities.

The change won't even correct the fact that a simple 5-10 minute cooldown was all that was needed.

Dev Zoom fell for a very persistent Ville troll.
Thats all. The game is still sick.

/Broken Record/
Its not about the taking, it's about the keeping and the dominating once taken. Once you can outblob your opponent for one station you can do so for the rest then insta-defend all saps.

/Seriously/
I think I have dug out a niche in between newborn feedings to play some Perpetuum, maybe. I hear I have access to stations and I didn't even have to lift a finger. It's like I never even left.

/TROLL/
Now that Biker Gang is dominating the map I suddenly had the epiphany that SpT is actually not broken. It's going to work really well ...until the next larger blob shows up, then it'll be broken again. Yeah.

Sparking to other games

Instead of instant Spark to Beta terminal, after the update it takes me 10 minutes to get the forces on Beta. Breaks up power projection real good. roll

That will be fixed soon Burial.

Burial wrote:

Instead of instant Spark to Beta terminal, after the update it takes me 10 minutes to get the forces on Beta. Breaks up power projection real good. roll

Not sure where you're pulling that number from or from which point to what place. But I'll take a 10 minute lead time over a 10 second one. And why are you still arguing about this? Even though it needs more nerfing, some delay is still better than none. Jeeeez

Sparking to other games

Yes, a DELAY is good, just like Cassius pointed out.

Now.  We are just proving why its broken.

THB right now the only goal we have is to prove how broke thing is.   smile

Astraeaa wrote:

How exactly? You are winning by numbers, SpT have nothing to do with that.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Ahoy!  Vast ye pants on head spotted!

Are you playing the same game we are playing?

Line wrote:
Astraeaa wrote:

How exactly? You are winning by numbers, SpT have nothing to do with that.

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

After looking at Gamma a little more, you guys are so screwed with SpT changes.

You are welcome.

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

Oh really? big_smile

That's what we have been trying to tell.

Its not a big deal unless a group of people were overcommitted.

So, as long as you dont have like lets say 8 or 9 bases controlled by 9 people, you should be just fine.

Burial wrote:

Oh really? big_smile

That's what we have been trying to tell.

I'll take that statement as a partial admission that all the blowhards currently poluting STC have been simply trying to protect their own self interest.  It was pretty obvious, ya know.

Sparking to other games

1,174 (edited by Burial 2013-12-14 11:37:05)

"Let's fix power projection and Beta PVP by making Sparks cost more."

- 6 points to have all Alpha2 covered.
- 9 points to have all Beta1 covered.
- Still instant Sparking around.

You only need 3 sparks to have all Betas covered but on a SINGLE gamma island you need 2+ sparks to just get around fast and defend.

No-one sees the fault in that logic?

It's a good troll but that's it. We said from the start to get more people, work together and be dedicated and you will get an outpost.

So what your saying is it needs meeting harder.

Supported.