1 (edited by Jita 2013-11-17 18:30:49)

Topic: Gamma change threadnaught

After the Spark change (thanks Devs!) it is even more apparent to everyone that current Gamma mechanics suck the big one and need to change.

As I said in a previous post lets try and get some agreement from everyone HOW they should change and WHY they currently suck. Once we have as much as a consensus as your going to get with our wonderful playerbase we can talk about how we will compensate current gamma owners for taking all their shiz (if at all).

I'd like to wholeheartedly steal Merkle's post from a previous thread as I think its a good starting point and while i'd adapt a few things, I wouldn't mind if this was how it changed.

Merkle wrote:

Gamma.  In short.  Gamma's need to change.
The problems with gamma are large.  Zero Access for a hostile force.  Completely safe mining environment.  Limited movement of forces through the general map.
What I would suggest will most likly be hated, and mocked.  I digress.  What needs to happen is the same with walls, a massive change to undo the damage of what was done.  First, Tell the player base that all the gamma will be pulled down and returned to there said parties.  Second, put in place rules for new gammas to be build.
1. No Base within 3k of a tele.
2. Base defenses can not sprawl more then a 3k radius.
3. Three bases Per Gamma.
4. Two Bases no closer then 2.5 Radius.
5. Buff Defensive reinforce timers. (Double Them)
6. Require Fuel for all Reactors. (No new minerals just existing ones.)
7. Re-balance turrets, possibly buff them.

As it stands now there is no eb and flow of gammas, some will say this will change when more players come into the game, I think the problem will just get far worse.  We need the ability to get roams ON islands, so that hostile forces can agrees and create conflict.

I would also like to add as an aside that IF this change happened then you could safely put Epriton back on gamma islands and you have a hell of a lot more space for the game to pvp in.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Re: Gamma change threadnaught

The only thing I would change from the above is giving bases an amount of grid / power / whatever and that is used up when connected to the various base bits. Higher tier bases have higher amounts. This would hard cap the amount of stuff that goes in to a base in much the same way as a POS in eve.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Make MK2 be built of colix! maybe hoppe for some t5 stuff aswell!

Estamel Tharch0n wrote:

Make MK2 be built of colix! maybe hoppe for some t5 stuff aswell!

+1 on the mk2. Scarabs already are - i think that IF they did the Merkle change then mk 2 from colixium would be the way forward.

+1 to Morkles Idea.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Jita wrote:

The only thing I would change from the above is giving bases an amount of grid / power / whatever and that is used up when connected to the various base bits. Higher tier bases have higher amounts. This would hard cap the amount of stuff that goes in to a base in much the same way as a POS in eve.

+1

With Colix and Mk2, make NPC on Gammas (maybe just observers) to drop cortexes.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Line wrote:

i'm not against it but tbh thats kinda half the value of saps and artifacting. All it would do is drive the market price down

Jita wrote:
Line wrote:

i'm not against it but tbh thats kinda half the value of saps and artifacting. All it would do is drive the market price down

That's true, but with SpT changes there will be WAY lesser high-stab saps at all, not speaking about a possibility to get there in time which will result in cortexes become too rare.

10 (edited by Estamel Tharch0n 2013-11-18 13:38:02)

Line wrote:
Jita wrote:
Line wrote:

That's true, but with SpT changes there will be WAY lesser high-stab saps at all, not speaking about a possibility to get there in time which will result in cortexes become too rare.

Artifact scanning also drops cortex

Especaly Observer IIIs

Sorry Jita i just doubled anoter topic. I will use this for sure.

Gamma changes - with poll -

1. Basically Merkle idea
You can build bases on gamma but you can terraform just from the bases to radius 2-3 000 m (diameter 4-6 000 m).
Simply and PVP oriented.
To don't bother the guys who spent a lot of money to Gamma. Make a Gamma 2 with more rewarding and with this type of structures.

The terrafromed places will obsolete in time, so you cant use Zortarg tactic.

If you have any other idea throw it I will post it here.
Gamma is a HUGE problem ATM, we should solve it before STEAM. I dont want to try teleport wars.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

IMHO, wipe gamma and all of the islands.

Double or triple the cost of tf charges.

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

Shadowmine wrote:

Double or triple the cost of tf charges.

in conjunction with the island idea then agreed

15 (edited by Merkle 2013-11-19 02:52:02)

There is no reason, Zero to add in more gamma islands.  Deal with the ones we have now do not just push the *** issue down the road.

As is being done with Spt.

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

the way terraforming is done needs to change to make it less important in the use of Gamma Defenses.

i will never stop saying it.. give us proper walls! smile

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

17 (edited by Shadowmine 2013-11-19 22:50:17)

It is already significantly less important. Just no one has been building turret walls to realize it...

Edit: To put it another way, so few are knowledgeable enough  in gamma mechanics to realize it...

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

Walls are good only if the opposite side have a possibility to use siege weaponry. Plasma bombs may serve more or less well on Betas, but for Gammas we really need an artillery.

Line wrote:

Walls are good only if the opposite side have a possibility to use siege weaponry. Plasma bombs may serve more or less well on Betas, but for Gammas we really need an artillery.

So true & proper Siege mechanics / game play are missing from the & would add alot to that Higher level of PVP that really is missing from perpetuum.

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

They have the Arty, I forgot why they chose not to release it though - I think it was some kind of play balance issue.

IIRC they didn't completed it. They have separate mechanics parts but didn't implemented fully.

http://perpetuum-online.blogspot.com/

Yup, this one exactly: "Some features already done, some are still on the workbench."

No progress report was made since that, so I guess they didn't finished it.

I like the reactor idea and think it could be expanded more into the story/plot of things. As I do recall, it's humans linking into Robots to harness energy and beam it back to earth.

Apply same concept to make it compete with other corps. Based on various rewards and/of buffs from the amount of energy being produced and sent back. Then something like a teleporter, similar to those big random beams in the sky could all have one per gamma and players need to get the energy to the transporter, so it opens it up for control and risk the supply by pvp. Almost similar to the original Transformers where the Decepticons used the transporter to Cybertron to send energon cubes back and then had the Autobots try to stop them.

Something along those lines, I think would be nice to see to actually give a purpose to be in Gamma other then to accumulate the most amount of minerals. Maybe even have some kind of smaller scale versions for Beta and Alpha to get new people started. Hell, could potentially change the random higher quality ore when mining be the Fuel source.

25 (edited by Inda 2013-11-22 07:12:12)

+ 100 000 to EXOLIS !

ROLE ! (the other players would love role, I mean not who is here to play yet.)

And yes also need energy to reactors !

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD