Topic: Highways

Thought id brake this little topic away from the other thread to put out some ideas both new & old smile

BETA

So Beta 1s & 2s should have some high ways on them i think. but instead of just having Highways "ON" all the time like Alpha why not tie it to the owners of a given Outpost? & make it cost something each week to have them turned on?

Please see the link ill use Alsbale as examples. http://s874.photobucket.com/user/whome0 … y%20Layout

Each station has a set of Highways that it controls on an island.
The station owner have to power the Highways each week for them to stay active.
I think Energy Storage Cells would be perfect to do this with.
Just have an interface in station that a CEO or Director can access & use drag N drop.

If you wanted to keep it simple i think the above would be cool.

If you wanted to make it harder you could also add the amount of Highways that Outpost controls as a factor for how many power Cells you would require each week.

GAMMA

There have been a number of threads in the past with ideas for how player built Highways could work on Gamma & im not going to go & regurgitate those posts.

But the biggest factor is limiting the spamming of Highways all over the place like turrets are spammed right now.
The best way to do this is for Highways to consume some kind of materials "Power". The larger your Highway network the more expensive it is to fund.

But please post your thought or if you wish link some ideas you have or what ever.

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Re: Highways

I can agree with you! But atm low priority! GAMMA CHANGES NEEDED !

Another idea, beta walls could be the same, you can "buy" the areas on beta and "pay" for it with "energy".

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Re: Highways

Make them need plasma as fuel. Game gets a great and IMO well needed NIC sink and with proper balancing of the cost it will prevent "spamming" of them smile