Re: - Spark Teleport - Power Projection - Now with poll!

Line wrote:

Then you're constantly bringing an argument that you don't want those newbies blah-blah-blah but hey...That's YOU don't want, not a single word from THEM. Maybe we should just wait until they finally come, try things and post something by themselves?

Newbs won't stick around when they see a broke game *** neither will vets for that matter.

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men
http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=agent-his … mp;month=7 Best month 104 to 1 k/d

the main reason because one block holds most betas and is able to spark around is because the missing opposing faction. that happend because most of that faction left the game. maybe permanently maybe temporary.

the spark problem will no longer be a problem when population rises. new factions will arise and maybe old ones will reapear.

remember we never had a hard time taking these outposts. we took them more or less undefended.

once new factions arise they will have the option and the power to take one or multible beta stations. RAD already is starting their thing and maybe something new will come from that.

ppl cry about a mechanic that only is a problem with the low population. things will change with more pop, or things will die as they are.
spark will make little difference there. most of what you wrot in your first post are asumptions and are most likely not true. a 5 man noob  corp could never take a beta. even without spark teleport. either you have the power and the willl to do something or you do not. its only making it for the defenders more comfortable. they could defend without, but its not the gamebreaker as some. you will cry about the same stuff even without SPT. same result the enemy is too strong and we can not take...

Springs the question why would anyone want to take an outpost and settle in when everything is so easily scouted.

With thousands of players, I would say adapt or die but looking at how fragile this game's lifeline is, the game should be more competable and attainable by smaller powerblocks. Otherwise our hard earned MK2s could not exist in a year or two.

I agree with Zortarg and Hunter on a lot of points, especially what Hunter said about changing important mechanics on the fly that affect the gameplay that much. Sometimes you got to do what you got to do.

54 (edited by Hunter 2013-11-13 09:35:56)

Lobo wrote:

Hello that did happen its why there are only gammas owned by your "friends" You talk big smack for a corp that wouldn't stand on its own 2 feet with out stc and co picking you up by the armpits.

I could make a list of over 100 names that have left this game because the balance was so far out of balance they refused to stick around to see what more will be broke.

I had 40+ ppl in corp since release. All they left because of idiotic nerfs.

Lobo wrote:

Newbs won't stick around when they see a broke game *** neither will vets for that matter.

Betas does not targeted on newbies - DeVs said that they have to stay on alphas while wont grow up and/or join to strong alliances.

Lobo and others wrote:

..a lot of things about poor newbies.

Newbies will be busy on alpha content. They will take the world of perpetuum as it is. I have a good example - member in my corp, who came after rep tunings nerf. He thinks that erp and rep tunings works fine.

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

Line wrote:
Smokeyii wrote:

They change the rules in football (American) all the time.

We get that you like your OP tactics, and your argument that we should just use them to is invalid because we do. We're not asking the devs to nerf YOU and YOUR alliance, we're asking the devs to nerf EVERYONES overpowered beta spark teleports... including our own. Maybe you'll cut your nose off to spite your face, but I don't want to see new people getting 20 heavy mechs dropped on them from spark teleports.

So EVERYONE should spend a lots of time for traveling or just sit at one place being ready to defend it just because it fits YOUR playstyle?

Then you're constantly bringing an argument that you don't want those newbies blah-blah-blah but hey...That's YOU don't want, not a single word from THEM. Maybe we should just wait until they finally come, try things and post something by themselves?

Yes u shuld spend alot of time travelling if u whant to keep that outpost.  Your just making it very obv why u whant to keep sparking so u dont have to move around and get redy for SAPs u just whant to right click jump.  Just FYI this isnt world of tanks

If u dont live there u shuldnt have the power to hold it

Hunter wrote:
Lobo wrote:

Hello that did happen its why there are only gammas owned by your "friends" You talk big smack for a corp that wouldn't stand on its own 2 feet with out stc and co picking you up by the armpits.

I could make a list of over 100 names that have left this game because the balance was so far out of balance they refused to stick around to see what more will be broke.

I had 40+ ppl in corp since release. All they left because of idiotic nerfs.

Lobo wrote:

Betas does not targeted on newbies - DeVs said that they have to stay on alphas while wont grow up and/or join to strong alliances.

Lobo and others wrote:

..a lot of things about poor newbies.

Newbies will be busy on alpha content. They will take the world of perpetuum as it is. I have a good example - member in my corp, who came after rep tunings nerf. He thinks that erp and rep tunings works fine.

Any one shuld have the right to move to beta if they so desires old or yung.  They shuldnt be forced to grow 1000s of players before they are allowed to even go out to beta.

Where shields overpowered?  The answer was yes.  Hunter raged.

Where Tyrannos and Trioars mk2s overpowered?  The answer was yes.  Hunter raged.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Its very simple really.  If hunters raging its over powered.

59 (edited by Hunter 2013-11-13 15:20:47)

Ville wrote:

yes, at least we are know how looks typical ***. BTW i see only your enrage here. You already started throw a foam from your mouth

Why the crybabies wins?

Don't bring up the fact that you have to sit around for an hour to hold an outpost as a reason for wanting to keep sparks the way they are. The only people to blame for ya'll having so many outposts is ya'll. That's not a valid reason.

Besides, an undock beta timer after spark teleport still allows you to spark around to your outposts for defense as needed, you just need to be there early if you want to undock when the sap goes live. That isn't too much to ask. The one thing it WILL prevent everyone from doing is sparking over and instantly undocking 10+ heavy mechs.

@ Line - most new people don't even make it to the forums, all that's left here is a bunch of us bitter vets. Who else is going to look out for new people entering the game? This isn't even an argument about what STC/DOY/Dream and the rest of us do, it's about what's best for the community and the game. I, for one, would love to see about 5,000 more people playing this game, that way maybe I'd get to shoot someone other then you guys every once in awhile.

But... you guys hold onto your pettiness as long as you can. We can spin around and around laughing gaily over the side of the cliff, so long as you're doing the leading.

Hunter wrote:
Ville wrote:

yes, at least we are know how looks typical ***. BTW i see only your enrage here. You already started throw a foam from your mouth

Do you whant this game to grow?   If so then stopp whit the obv broken mechanics so ppl can acualy grow and make good content for this game.    Right now there is no room to grow because of broken mechanics.
And trust me any new corps that even puts foot on beta and gets stomped evry time whit insta force projection will leve the game.

62 (edited by Hunter 2013-11-13 15:42:14)

Estamel Tharch0n wrote:
Hunter wrote:
Ville wrote:

Do you whant this game to grow?   If so then stopp whit the obv broken mechanics so ppl can acualy grow and make good content for this game.    Right now there is no room to grow because of broken mechanics.
And trust me any new corps that even puts foot on beta and gets stomped evry time whit insta force projection will leve the game.

Man... I want the server grow up. But spark change will give nothing. The newbies anyway will die. Totally. Believe that i'll personally care about it.
What change really give? You can disaggree with me, but it will satisfy (a bit) your epriton needs. Nothing more, nothing else. The newbies will suck because of epriton removed from gammas. And they will leave because of lack of content for them. If newbie corp will be found once on epi mining - roamings around them will never stop.

Why the crybabies wins?

Estamel Tharch0n wrote:

Any one shuld have the right to move to beta if they so desires old or yung.  They shuldnt be forced to grow 1000s of players before they are allowed to even go out to beta.

This is terrible argument.  No, new player's shouldn't get to control beta if "They so desire".  Beta is only for those who can take it.  Beta and Gamma mechanics are not for a new players, this is end game content.  If new players want access to beta and gamma, they either join an existing corp, or make an agreement with an existing corp.  Other than that, they build up on Alpha until they can take and hold a beta/gamma.

64 (edited by Hunter 2013-11-13 15:52:00)

Smokeyii wrote:

Don't bring up the fact that you have to sit around for an hour to hold an outpost as a reason for wanting to keep sparks the way they are. The only people to blame for ya'll having so many outposts is ya'll. That's not a valid reason.

Besides, an undock beta timer after spark teleport still allows you to spark around to your outposts for defense as needed, you just need to be there early if you want to undock when the sap goes live. That isn't too much to ask. The one thing it WILL prevent everyone from doing is sparking over and instantly undocking 10+ heavy mechs.

@ Line - most new people don't even make it to the forums, all that's left here is a bunch of us bitter vets. Who else is going to look out for new people entering the game? This isn't even an argument about what STC/DOY/Dream and the rest of us do, it's about what's best for the community and the game. I, for one, would love to see about 5,000 more people playing this game, that way maybe I'd get to shoot someone other then you guys every once in awhile.

But... you guys hold onto your pettiness as long as you can. We can spin around and around laughing gaily over the side of the cliff, so long as you're doing the leading.

Yeah... Listening you i understand: the idea that "spark removing will fill betas the newbies" fully ingrained in your heads. The medicine are helpless here.
I dunno what to say for you. You are not listening the facts.

Why the crybabies wins?

Martha Stuart wrote:
Estamel Tharch0n wrote:

This is terrible argument.  No, new player's shouldn't get to control beta if "They so desire".  Beta is only for those who can take it.  Beta and Gamma mechanics are not for a new players, this is end game content.  If new players want access to beta and gamma, they either join an existing corp, or make an agreement with an existing corp.  Other than that, they build up on Alpha until they can take and hold a beta/gamma.

Who are u to decide who can take what???

The current game mechanics does not let any one take betas.....
And ur not  the one to tell palyers they are not skilled smart or old enught to have what the game offers

Hunter wrote:
Estamel Tharch0n wrote:
Hunter wrote:

Man... I want the server grow up. But spark change will give nothing. The newbies anyway will die. Totally. Believe that i'll personally care about it.
What change really give? You can disaggree with me, but it will satisfy (a bit) your epriton needs. Nothing more, nothing else. The newbies will suck because of epriton removed from gammas. And they will leave because of lack of content for them. If newbie corp will be found once on epi mining - roamings around them will never stop.

From what ur saying you do not whant the game to grow  and ur to ignorant to see that the mechanics are broken to ***.

Lets take a look at EVE and its the only sucsses full game thats just like perp  and they dont have insta cloning for a fking reason...

67 (edited by Burial 2013-11-13 17:09:10)

I agree, Beta islands are not newbie content unless they want to be BBQed regularly by vets. Alphas are fine for building up infrastructure and resources.

Either way, even without Spark Teleports we could probably hold our outposts comfortably. Bare in mind that nerf would hit us all.

68 (edited by Jita 2013-11-13 17:23:47)

Its not about noobs but emergent gameplay.

Sparks allow any force to be anywhere with no balance. Limiting sparks would enable any force to be anywhere with significant time and effort.

This is not a difficult concept.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Hunter wrote:
Ville wrote:

Added to list of Hunter proverbs.

Anyone here think that this topic would be so actively posted if you guys had more people than us and even with spark teleport we couldn't bring enough to defeat you? But alas, that's not the case. We have more so we have another 40 pages of Spark teleport discussion to look forward to....

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

Jita wrote:

Its not about noobs but emergent gameplay.

Sparks allow any force to be anywhere with no balance. Limiting sparks would enable any force to be anywhere with significant time and effort.

This is not a difficult concept.

This is the message of this thread.  Power Projection.  Regardless if you hate me or not, it's overpowered.  Ask yourself what having 6 islands restricted to single top material will do to industry.  Your forcing a dominate role to allow the existence to slave masters.  You either join the main group or hope like hell you got multiple accounts to be effective solo.

We've ALL been king of the hill before,  sparking allows a much faster means to a snow balling to king of the hill.  By less people.  Factor in more people, think that will help hunter?  It won't people are able to form up and go anywhere in under 3 minutes.  Less than 1 minute if they have fit bots there.  It's a ghankers dream.

Estamel Tharch0n wrote:

Yes u shuld spend alot of time travelling if u whant to keep that outpost.  Your just making it very obv why u whant to keep sparking so u dont have to move around and get redy for SAPs u just whant to right click jump.  Just FYI this isnt world of tanks

If u dont live there u shuldnt have the power to hold it

So living on Gamma I shouldn't be able to hold anything on Beta? Or vice versa, owning a Beta OP should prevent me of living on Gamma? Since I can't be at 2 places at the same moment to defend nor have an SpT, should I just choose something one letting the rest to you just because you want so?

Estamel Tharch0n wrote:

Currently, we are the Beta owners and yes, we are deciding who can take them until there is a force big enough to change that.

Estamel Tharch0n wrote:

And ur not  the one to tell palyers they are not skilled smart or old enught to have what the game offers

If you can't take them that doesn't mean noone can, it's simply you're not enough strong for that. And noone gonna change the game mechanics because of that.

Betas aren't supposed to be owned by small corps/alliances, recent events on Domhalarn showed that quite clearly.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

73 (edited by Martha Stuart 2013-11-13 19:33:46)

Estamel Tharch0n wrote:
Martha Stuart wrote:
Estamel Tharch0n wrote:

Who are we to decide?  We are the ones who control them.  If you can take one, then you deserve one.  If you can't, you don't.  Its pretty simple.

Time will tell.

Shadowmine wrote:

Anyone here think that this topic would be so actively posted if you guys had more people than us and even with spark teleport we couldn't bring enough to defeat you? But alas, that's not the case. We have more so we have another 40 pages of Spark teleport discussion to look forward to....

I'd be interested to hear you explain why the change would help us win fights. It wouldn't. It would only make defending game spanning swathes of territory harder.

This is how it should be.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."