Re: FOOM Scan1App - Artifact Scanning Tool

Im using windows 7. About mitple sites entry, we still can use thelistal II #1 leave naming to players smile and just add the feature, please

Our robots are made by Jesus himself with the help of MacGyver and blessed by Chuck Noris

Gut Punch wrote:

If you have the status bar active (on the bottom) when you click "calculate", it should give you a estimated position (x, y) represented by the cross hairs on the graphical part.  We fooled around with displaying the locations on the overlay but found they got lost or were hard to see when you had several scans up.  The letters became hard to read in a swarm of reds and greens.

Not sure what you mean. 

currently I make my game window slighly smaller so that I can move the window behind it to show the 'expected location'

That way, when in game I can quickly mouse over the map to see, in real terms, where this location is.

What would be nice is to have the game fully windowed and then have the coordinates overlay..  as I said, similar to the FPS metre on FRAPs,  which is in BIG yellow letter and a black border.

I'll maybe take some screenshots and show you what I mean

53 (edited by Gut Punch 2011-07-28 17:06:38)

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-pcMo … Coords.png

See where it says "Likely Location:" on the status bar (bottom of the app)?  That is the result of clicking the "calculate likely location" button.  Not only do the white crosshairs show up but that number appears as well.  I think that is what you mean.

You can also utilize the push pin button on the tool bar to allow for you to a point of the map to get its coords.

Dan wrote:

Im using windows 7. About mitple sites entry, we still can use thelistal II #1 leave naming to players smile and just add the feature, please

Dan, did reinstalling fix your issue with off zero overlays?

New update (1.1.4) with reduced memory usage, a calculate button on the MiniForm, and a Results Form.

Autoupdater would be really nice

Our robots are made by Jesus himself with the help of MacGyver and blessed by Chuck Noris

It has one.  Go to the options menu to verify it is on.  Dan I'm curious if the recent changes fixed your issue.

Gut Punch wrote:

It has one.  Go to the options menu to verify it is on.  Dan I'm curious if the recent changes fixed your issue.

I thought about updater which updates the program not only checks for updates smile

Also thank you, new update fixed the issue.

Has anybody tried the new Results form?  Is it helpful or just another feature?

Awesome tool guys, any chance it'll be made into an android app? So I can use it on a tablet.

Great tool!

With regards to multiple sites: I throw all the results in an Exel file with the columns set up as |x-position y-position| distance | type |. I then throw all of a single type onto the tool, and if there's more than one locus, I simply deactivate the ones that aren't required.

It would be fantastic to be able to keep all that data in the app, and not have to re-enter it several times. And, if you're really ambitious, making it able to handle multiple toons (I scan with two).

About multiple sites, would be better if we could choose different kind of colors when entering coords or giving different names so you know what to activate/desactivate.

Anyway, tool is nice, wondering if source code would be up for downloads if the owner don't think about making future updates ?

WTF, someone broke this app. Go fix it, OP.

64 (edited by Jasdemi 2012-04-03 23:14:13)

EDIT: Works again. Just had to delete stuff from Appdate/local/blabla/bla

Here's the error message:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: Configuration system failed to initialize ---> System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: Root element is missing. (C:\Users\Jasdemi\AppData\Local\Engr_[FOOM]\Scan1App.exe_Url_1x3vgmvntpvksifw54erq4j2c2enp025\1.1.4.0\user.config) ---> System.Xml.XmlException: Root element is missing.
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
   at System.Configuration.XmlUtil..ctor(Stream stream, String name, Boolean readToFirstElement, ConfigurationSchemaErrors schemaErrors)
   at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.InitConfigFromFile()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Configuration.ConfigurationSchemaErrors.ThrowIfErrors(Boolean ignoreLocal)
   at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ThrowIfParseErrors(ConfigurationSchemaErrors schemaErrors)
   at System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.OnConfigRemoved(Object sender, InternalConfigEventArgs e)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.OnConfigRemoved(Object sender, InternalConfigEventArgs e)
   at System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigRoot.RemoveConfigImpl(String configPath, BaseConfigurationRecord configRecord)
   at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.GetSectionRecursive(String configKey, Boolean getLkg, Boolean checkPermission, Boolean getRuntimeObject, Boolean requestIsHere, Object& result, Object& resultRuntimeObject)
   at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.GetSection(String configKey)
   at System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.GetSection(String sectionName)
   at System.Configuration.ClientSettingsStore.ReadSettings(String sectionName, Boolean isUserScoped)
   at System.Configuration.LocalFileSettingsProvider.GetPropertyValues(SettingsContext context, SettingsPropertyCollection properties)
   at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertiesFromProvider(SettingsProvider provider)
   at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertyValueByName(String propertyName)
   at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.get_Item(String propertyName)
   at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.GetPropertyValue(String propertyName)
   at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.get_Item(String propertyName)
   at Scan1App.Properties.Settings.get_MainState()
   at Scan1App.MainForm.MainForm_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.17379 built by: FXBETAREL
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Scan1App
    Assembly Version: 1.1.4.0
    Win32 Version: 1.1.4
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/FOOM/Scan1App/Scan1App.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Would be greatly appreciated if by any chance we can get the source code for this program so the community can keep on updating and developing it.

i've send an e-mail to the owner of the site where scan1app is hosted. Will share if we I get a reply.

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

Anyone still have a link to download this?

Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.

68 (edited by Zortarg 2014-09-22 12:25:01)

link dead and removed. new link further down.

Thanks Zortarg, you da man! big_smile

Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.

Ahh, a working like, finally..

Unfortunately the app has not been updated since 2011 and is lacking all of the gamma islands entirely.

71 (edited by Luke Broker 2014-09-21 21:10:08)

link is broken

Link is almost a year old.

http://www.remedy-inc.de/viewtopic.php? … 8890#p8890

Good stuff Zortarg.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Is the source available somewhere ? I'dd like to add a "Name" column.