1 (edited by Xadhoom 2013-11-06 18:44:47)

Topic: not being able to review assignment before accepting

this need to be changed, requesting should not just give you the assignment without the ability to review it first.

2nd Top Killer 2012
02: 061 -- 353 -- 292 : Xadhoom

"Annihilator no fix for crashes when fighting burial/merkle/xadhoom ?"

Re: not being able to review assignment before accepting

That's the point.

How does hiding the mission details make a point?

All it does is pass information to a player without conferring an advantage. The player must still take the mission and abort it if he wants to see a new mission.

Example : Well I only have 15 minutes left to play tonight. I can finish mission X but not mission Y. Lets look at the preview next mission option to see if I can get one more in tonight.

Example : Well I have been running combat missions but I wonder what the Industrial missions are like at this tier. What kinda of skill set would I need to finish those?

Giving the player more information to make decisions on how they spend their time in your game seems a good thing.

I think the point is you should not know what will the assigment be, because if you know you will decide dont do this or do, and start the game again where you have the good option.

But still Wharsoul pointed out the benefits of it can be think of it. But dont have the exactly good answer here.

Assume you have the possibility to get assignment mine immentium at lvl 4 and same on lvl 5 at Telessis. If you know in advance, you take both.

Assume you know the next assignment is the one that is too hard for you to manage without help, you would wait to take this assignment, until you found help

If there was a way to game the system to swap in a new mission then a preview system would fail.

Sorry maybe I was a bit too quick with my post.

So you would like to preview what's in the box without accepting the mission. Which would stay there in that box indefinitely until you do it, is that right?

If that's the case then this would indeed give opportunities to combine certain missions from different boxes by doing them together (by waiting for the right combo), and I'm not sure we want that.

While running missions for green faction I switched from Truhold to Hershfield station. At Truhold I had Combat, Industrial, and Transport missions. Then at hersh they switched dropping Transport and adding Special catagory. This category only exists at lvl 3 and then switches back to transport at level 4. Without any information I have no idea whether these missions are good for me or not.

Perhaps as a compromise rather than show the next mission when you select a box and it pops up a list of missions that could be assigned. Rather than just an available assignments and Active Assignments a Assignment Pool tab would also exist. WHen I select the 'Special' box the assignment pool would populate with the selection of missions that could be assigned. I could then right click the list and read the mission details to see if the pool of missions applies to my guy or if it is a bad fit. I could then hit the 'request' button and get a random mission from the list or tey a different type of mission.

its stupid that you cant view the mission that your being forced to accept. imagine if you new to the game & have to do missions & you accept a combat mission that is to hard for you to solo & none of you corp mates are on. what does the new guy do gives it a go loses a bot or rejects the mission & loses standing.

Now he starts to hate the mission system a little bit more along with other game mechanics that are "lovable" "quirks" that we all slowly grow to hate over time.

So please at least let a player see what mission he HAS to accept before he actually accepts it, at least that way he can hold off till say a friend is online.
Or more free time...

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Losing a bot - it's what Perpetuum made of so no problem here.

I think that assignments could provide some general info without any specific details, like "Seiguchi wants you to go find some resource spots" or "DFD wants you to eliminate a Nian Threat in a given region. It's dangerous to go alone, tale this"

So the player will at least realise what kind of job he needs to do and how hard it might be, and there still will be a place for surprises.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

The suggestion of Line is quite interessting. Indeed as long as old assignments are that often unchanged from before patch there should be a hint upfront that at alpha+ islands "transport" and indi missions tend to require usage of armed bot or help from some fighter bot. For some assignments for newbies it means help from fighter crew.