Re: 2 EP/min instead of 1

Vorgrim Scout wrote:

I won't be concerned until I am waiting a week between extension increases, which seems a way off yet.

It'll come sooner than you think, especially when you go for heavy mechs. (Level 8 racial robot control)

Oldest player still in the game. Perpetuum for life.
Original Founder of M2S, may it rest in peace. sad
"Hungarian Math" is defined by the dictionary as "Just like normal math, but where each equation ends by dividing the sum by Potato."
-Shoutout to "Stranger Danger" for the "potato" comment.

DEV Zoom wrote:
Honelith wrote:

So, they say it will take 25 years to learn all the skills in the game, with that in mind, 1 EP a minute suddenly doesn't seem enough. sad

The game was not designed to learn all skills, you have to specialize. Just like in real life you won't get to see a scientist commando economist.

True, but I did my own calculations and if I want to spec for PvP and be effective and have all the secondary skills trained, it will still take me 10 years by my calculations. And that's without you adding any new skills to the game.

With the exception of Navigation you don't NEED lvl 10 extensions to be effective.

Wraith wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:
Honelith wrote:

So, they say it will take 25 years to learn all the skills in the game, with that in mind, 1 EP a minute suddenly doesn't seem enough. sad

The game was not designed to learn all skills, you have to specialize. Just like in real life you won't get to see a scientist commando economist.

True, but I did my own calculations and if I want to spec for PvP and be effective and have all the secondary skills trained, it will still take me 10 years by my calculations. And that's without you adding any new skills to the game.

Being effective in PvP is relative. If you have relatively the same skills as your opponents... you will be effective..

But to be honest... the difference between rank 9 and rank 10 is a large amount of EP with only a small amount of gain. So if you took your "template" and put everything at 9 instead of 10 (navigation excluded) you'd be down under a year.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Maybe not with one account, but you can get pretty close if you have multiple accounts. Allowing multiboxing has an even higher impact than introducing an EP-increase scroll. Why would I want to use the market if I can use my alt miners to gather the required resources?

pretzel wrote:

Why would I want to use the market if I can use my alt miners to gather the required resources?

If you mine the expensive stuff you can trade part of it for cheap stuff and you will get more of it per time unit spent than if you had mined it directly.

Darkwing wrote:

If you mine the expensive stuff you can trade part of it for cheap stuff and you will get more of it per time unit spent than if you had mined it directly.

Your counter argument is valid to some degree, but: What keeps you from sending your first miner to one location and the second to another? You also introduce two new thoughts against multiple accounts:
1) Expensive/rare materials are mined more than it was actually planned which negates the plan for them to be rare (harder to get).
2) With two miners you mine more per time than one with a single account ever can. This makes resources even cheaper and thus harder for newcomers to make an acceptable profit.

Well I guess it is a question of how you want to balance the game/playerbase.