Re: Spark Teleports

Doom Beamer wrote:
Ville wrote:
Line wrote:

Hey, but ppl do not want enemies to get fast in one place...bloodsparking allows that since release, but noone calls for cooldowns. Strange, isn't it?

It's because you can't blood spark to any betas.  Your only allowed to spark to ONE location.  I wouldn't assume you thought your post all the way through.  Try to atleast use critical thinking skills some.

Try to think at least two moves ahead. I can use 5, 10, whatever more accounts with different bloodsparks and be everywhere, really everywhere, because bloodsparking works on closed stations too. That was one of the "Restrictors" fraction arguments - use multiple accounts to get more advantage for SpT. However, if it works for SpT, it works for bloodspark too.

Right.  Because your still not using "critical thinking skills", let me explain:  If using 10 accounts is the counter to this then GOOD.  Because you have to maintain 10 accounts, $100 a month kool!  Also those 10 accounts are not going be as effective as your main account! 

*edit: Offensive. - DEV Zoom

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

I wonder if DEV Zoom gets an alert on his phone anytime Ville posts on the forums? 40 pages is only a matter of time...

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

I've already asked for this thread to be closed.  Twice.

Ville wrote:
Doom Beamer wrote:
Ville wrote:

It's because you can't blood spark to any betas.  Your only allowed to spark to ONE location.  I wouldn't assume you thought your post all the way through.  Try to atleast use critical thinking skills some.

Try to think at least two moves ahead. I can use 5, 10, whatever more accounts with different bloodsparks and be everywhere, really everywhere, because bloodsparking works on closed stations too. That was one of the "Restrictors" fraction arguments - use multiple accounts to get more advantage for SpT. However, if it works for SpT, it works for bloodspark too.

Right.  Because your still not using "critical thinking skills", let me explain:  If using 10 accounts is the counter to this then GOOD.  Because you have to maintain 10 accounts, $100 a month kool!  Also those 10 accounts are not going be as effective as your main account! 

Good, finally you've agreed that using multiple accounts, as it was stated earlier, is not an advantage in both SpT and BS cases. That also means that number of SpT targets is not a problem too, because in both single- and multiple boxing you have paid for them.

Burial wrote:

1. Five. Every other level per Spark teleportation skill.

2. 30-minute cooldown after death in both PVE and PVP. No undocking, but can Spark around.

3. Increase PVP flag to 15 minutes.

4. Move Epriton to Betas.

Supporting all of the above. Perhaps remove 2 for trial accounts.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

906 (edited by Burial 2013-09-13 10:11:20)

I personally would leave 10 sparks but just add the others. If you know the player you just killed is unable to come and help his allies in 30 minutes after death, it changes a lot.

Jita wrote:
Burial wrote:

1. Five. Every other level per Spark teleportation skill.

2. 30-minute cooldown after death in both PVE and PVP. No undocking, but can Spark around.

3. Increase PVP flag to 15 minutes.

4. Move Epriton to Betas.

Supporting all of the above. Perhaps remove 2 for trial accounts.

PVP flags are fine. Introducing a cooldown would only serve to annoy the 'little' guy (e.g. the guy with just the one toon).

908 (edited by Burial 2013-09-13 11:44:47)

Many positive and negative sides to every suggestion.

Only thing I see the death cooldown fix is give more pentalties and avoid people just undocking bigger/more bots after death, not to mention guaranteed lockout after you gank someone. It serves those who play smart.

Few newbies gank a veteran. He is now off the field for 30 minutes. He probably comes out in an alt, but it doesn't change the fact that the other side lost 1 off the field.

30 minutes might be too long. 15 minutes seems better.

Doom Beamer wrote:
Ville wrote:
Doom Beamer wrote:

Good, finally you've agreed that using multiple accounts, as it was stated earlier, is not an advantage in both SpT and BS cases. That also means that number of SpT targets is not a problem too, because in both single- and multiple boxing you have paid for them.

/facepalm.  Listen and try to comprehend the words which I am typing.  If you think multiple accounts versus multiple sparks is the same premise.  Then your ignoring the fact EP plays a role in this, unless your account sharing or Merkle.

Ville wrote:
Doom Beamer wrote:
Ville wrote:

/facepalm.  Listen and try to comprehend the words which I am typing.  If you think multiple accounts versus multiple sparks is the same premise.  Then your ignoring the fact EP plays a role in this, unless your account sharing or Merkle.

Exactly! BS is more OP than a SpT, it doesn't require any EP nor NIC investment at all! I'm glad you admit that, my good friend.

So being able to go to any Alpha station is OP?  Please continue.

Invoking my name to get a point across. 

Good times.

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

Merkle wrote:

Invoking my name to get a point across. 

Good times.

If we say your name three times do you stop advocating account theft?

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Insinuating I have ever advocated.

Classy as always.

The Gifter

Scarab Kill Count - 13

Merkle wrote:

Classy as always.

I remember specifically you in a convo to me telling me that the character wasn't mine and I was in the wrong.

Jita wrote:
Merkle wrote:

Classy as always.

I remember specifically you in a convo to me telling me that the character wasn't mine and I was in the wrong.

Pics or it didnt happen

Ville wrote:

So being able to go to any Alpha station is OP?  Please continue.

Yes it's soooo OP that you even ask for 4h cooldown for SpT!

Both BS and SpT aren't limited to alpha only and that's the problem.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

1. increase the number of sparks 20, create advance spark teleport skill.
2. allow to sparking with your active bot.

I wants these, zoom make it happen

2nd Top Killer 2012
02: 061 -- 353 -- 292 : Xadhoom

"Annihilator no fix for crashes when fighting burial/merkle/xadhoom ?"

Xadhoom wrote:

1. increase the number of sparks 20, create advance spark teleport skill.
2. allow to sparking with your active bot.

I wants these, zoom make it happen

Murica!

Can he get a *** Ya?

The Gifter

Scarab Kill Count - 13

921 (edited by Homer J Simpson 2013-09-17 00:28:44)

Posting in the only (real) active thread on these forums!

Nerf Spark Tps um... Merkle is a bad man who eats small children..... Zoom is a STC alt.

there we i think that will do for today's post

come on...

40 pages...

you can do it !

Zortarg Calltar wrote:

come on...

40 pages...

you can do it !

well heres the question how Sh*t do our posts have to get b4 zoom nukes em ? big_smile

We could discuss what Xadhoom thinks about the Russian Community.

Ville wrote:

We could discuss what Xadhoom thinks about the Russian Community.

xD

Reading this signature fills you with determination.