Topic: Better need of transportation

with the announcement of the epriton removal on gamma  (yes not only because of that, but thats a nother big reason) we will need to do a lot of transportation over the islands.

yes spreading resources through the wold is good, that encorrages or requires trade, and that is good. but its only good if we have the transports to do so. and as happy as we where when we got the scarabs, for large scale resource transportation ist way, yes way to small. not just by factor 2...

we all know the devs have limited resources at hand, so we have multible options:

New Bot:
i dont know how often this has been asked for. frighter class bot.
two ways to do.
1: new bot model:
lot work for the devs so most likely not gonna happen with what they have at hand
2: use scarab model. scale it up a bit (2x maybe so it has double the lengh) paint it purple, give different stats and let it cost a *** of colixum based commodities. cargo as a freighter should have: 25-100ku.

New Modules:
1: general cargo expender ala steve. not my favorite, but usefull. but will break atcuall hauler ballance.
2: "loose material module". with that you can only transport resources and commodities, but increases the cargo by a lot.

Compression:
steve again: a way to compress the ores and move way greater numbers of material in the same bot.

all might work... some are more shiny.

Re: Better need of transportation

+1

This will encourage a more functional and fluid economy. Also this was needed at gamma launch. +1

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

+1 for each

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Or, reduce commodity volumes. Why are they equivalent to raw material input volume? It's just daft.

When I mine iron ore out of the ground the iron I end up with after refining does not take up the same space as the ore. Same with bauxite and aluminium or 100 other ores I might name if I could be bothered to look them all up.

re-fine (ri-fïn, rə) v. -fined, -fining, -fines --tr 1. To remove unwanted substances from; purify. 2. To free from coarse characteristics; make more elegant, polished or subtle.

6 (edited by Zortarg Calltar 2013-09-05 08:27:47)

Ludlow Bursar wrote:

Or, reduce commodity volumes. Why are they equivalent to raw material input volume? It's just daft.

When I mine iron ore out of the ground the iron I end up with after refining does not take up the same space as the ore. Same with bauxite and aluminium or 100 other ores I might name if I could be bothered to look them all up.

re-fine (ri-fïn, rə) v. -fined, -fining, -fines --tr 1. To remove unwanted substances from; purify. 2. To free from coarse characteristics; make more elegant, polished or subtle.

this is totaly a valid point and i had similar thoughts back then.

but we will also need better resource transportation for the purpose of the epriton change and other resource trades like alpha - gamma. and you dont want to refine on alpha if you have a gamma base.

drasticly lowering commodity volume would make sense indipendent from this.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

+1

RIP PERPETUUM

The game is not ready for a larger hauler yet .. sad to say .. but we need several new lines of bots to roll out at once to bring new life to the game . .not just a single hauler.

New bots  lines:
Combat Gliders ~ Light & EW Light | Assault | Mech & EW Mech| Heavy Mech
Haulers ~ Super Heavy | Walker Class
Destroyers ~ Super Heavies | Walker Class
Logistics ~ Assault | Mech | Heavy Mech

I dont want more crumbs I want the whole PIE !!

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

Tux wrote:

The game is not ready for a larger hauler yet .. sad to say .. but we need several new lines of bots to roll out at once to bring new life to the game . .not just a single hauler.

New bots  lines:

+1

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Tux wrote:

New bots  lines:

yea sure. we all want. and who is gonna make all that in a reasonable amount of time?

I think expecting new robots or significant gameplay changes before missions and steam, is just setting yourself up for disappointment.  Unfortunately there are more important things that must be done before those things will be added.

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

Shadowmine wrote:

I think expecting new robots or significant gameplay changes before missions and steam, is just setting yourself up for disappointment.  Unfortunately there are more important things that must be done before those things will be added.

I agree that's why we must wait sad

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

14 (edited by Gunner 2013-09-06 15:27:24)

lets introduce a system, lets call it,  Fark.

You press a button and you can "Fark" yourself and your stuff anywhere you want.

Free!