Re: How to balance a 50ker vs a 20ker?

Lupus Aurelius wrote:
franko wrote:

Dont worry there will be less and less topics about this, because there are less people that are playing...
If people will be few times blow up in beta islands or few times griefed on mission spot, most will quit. Because there is no fun when you dont have chance to retaliate, cant do missions or cant sell goods...

That's a load of crap - every MMO out there has new people not as skilled as older members.  .

But none of them have huge 3 week  exp gap in first day... yikes sorry but i play on dayly basis and i see less and less people... we will see how many players will stay after first month.

franko wrote:

But none of them have huge 3 week  exp gap in first day... yikes sorry but i play on dayly basis and i see less and less people... we will see how many players will stay after first month.

Every single one of them has new players who do not have the skills of older players. Start a stEVE account today, or WOW, or whatever, and that is evident. Your arguement is spurious.

The real issue here is not the game as a whole, it's you, and others like you.  You either heard about the game after release, or knew about it before release and did not keep up on developements, did not see the EA offer, or knew about the EA offer and decided to wait, and not take it.  Because of this, YOU PERSONALLY do not feel you can play with those who did. You come up with all sorts of rhetoric about how unfair it is, why you should get more or they should get less.

It's called life, and it rarely is ever the way you want it to be.  What matters is how you play the cards you are dealt, not complaining that someone got better cards than you...

In the gods we trust, all others bring data!

The technical matter of EP aside, the incentive for players to sign up with EA was to HELP keep new players by 'seeding' people into the game.

Imagine creating an account and logging in the first week and finding 10 people online.

There is no doubt in my mind EA (of which I did not participate go 20K'ers!) encouraged more people to continue playing than discouraged people because of the EP gap.

Lupus Aurelius wrote:

It's called life, and it rarely is ever the way you want it to be.  What matters is how you play the cards you are dealt, not complaining that someone got better cards than you...

Wow so deep... skill and exp are to different things, sorry but you are closed minded, there is bigger picture over there.
eot, because your guild flaming is boring like hell.

80 (edited by Lupus Aurelius 2010-12-15 20:10:20)

Lol. Skill is how you play the cards, the only limit is your intelligence, which seems to be really limited...

Experience is learning from mistakes, and improving how you do things.  Of course, you have to be capable of learning...

And wtf does my corp have to do with the validity of my statements, or the spurious rhetoric of your's, and this topic?  Last I checked, this is the Balancing Forum, not Corporate Discussions...

F- on marshalling facts or data to support an arguement.

81 (edited by franko 2010-12-16 07:36:28)

lol ok again so deep, you should write a book. i though that we are playing game that should be fun for everyone. but i see that some people want to compensate flaws from reality, and feel little better by playing uber hero.

franko wrote:

lol ok again so deep, you should write a book.

He already wrote a book.  Its a little known one called The Bible.

I am Perpetuum's Most Dangerous Agent and an equal opportunity troll.
-> You just lost The Game <-
"Perpetuum sounds like a something I would stick up my *** for enjoyement." -Kaito Kurusaki

83 (edited by Lupus Aurelius 2010-12-16 19:17:58)

franko wrote:

lol ok again so deep, you should write a book. i though that we are playing game that should be fun for everyone. but i see that some people want to compensate flaws from reality, and feel little better by playing uber hero.

Wow, I'd call that a perfect case of projection ( applying one's own issues to another ) and cognitive dissonance...  still an F-  on marshalling any valid arguement on this topic.

Neoxx wrote:

He already wrote a book.  Its a little known one called The Bible.

No, that was my learning disabled nephew.  He was wanting to write a fantasy trilogy, and tried to build a backstory to it, similar in concept to Tolkien's Silmarallion.  We tried to tell him it would be taken out of context, considering the publisher, but no, he never listened...

He was probably just hard of hearing from all the sawing and free wine.

Lupus Aurelius wrote:

Sadly for your twisted reality, its actually called Perpetuum. Stand up.. Whoa, legs a bit like jello huh? Well try again.. There you go buddy, good job! Now that youre standing, go towards the basement stairs.. Winded already? You only climbed two stairs.. Ok ok, keep going.

Thats it! Open the door.. Mom is surprised to see you, but ignore her shocking stare and angry questions about 13 perpetuum account fees charged to her credit card.. THERE IS YOUR PRIZE RIGHT PASSED HER.. The front door.. Wait wait not so fast sport, velcro your shoes and its cold outside.. put on your 1997 Dallas Cowboys starter jacket.. Ok out you go...

Who turned the brightness up so high? Oh, rofl, you mean the sun. Whats that? I agree the resolution is amazing. tongue

I just saved your life kiddo.

Generic M2S reply: Join a ZERG and the EP advantages wont matter much anymore. But yo yo we mad skillzdid son. Together we become ultimate skillzdid individuals by ourselves together.

86 (edited by Lupus Aurelius 2010-12-16 23:26:33)

Just for future info, Biz. my mom has been dead for 30 years...  try to be more inventive.  Oh, btw , SLacks, I've seen pictures of you, LMAO. 

Hmm, wobbly legs, lol, hardly, and i serously doubt you are ex military, as am I...

Trying being a real man, Slacks, before you try the above.  Also, kiddo, since you are a kid compared to me, work abit on your creative writing, really suxs....

PS: You also get a F- for marshalling facts and data to support an arguement...geez, don't they teach you kids critical thinking anymore?

The 30K is a temporary advantage that diminishes over time. I am greatly enjoying myself with this game and may splurge on a 12 month subscription. At the close of that period I will be a 546Ker and compared to the 576Ker. While he might have a skill rank or two on me the difference will be negligible.

Lupus Aurelius wrote:

...geez, don't they teach you kids critical thinking anymore?

Why would they need to do that? They have the internet to think for them...:rolleyes:

Lupus Aurelius wrote:

Just for future info, Biz. my mom has been dead for 30 years...  try to be more inventive.  Oh, btw , SLacks, I've seen pictures of you, LMAO. 

Hmm, wobbly legs, lol, hardly, and i serously doubt you are ex military, as am I...

Trying being a real man, Slacks, before you try the above.  Also, kiddo, since you are a kid compared to me, work abit on your creative writing, really suxs....

PS: You also get a F- for marshalling facts and data to support an arguement...geez, don't they teach you kids critical thinking anymore?

You are suffering from 'UMADBRO' syndrom. Its ok its curable by just not getting so emotional, but its like watching a LifeTime movie reading one of your posts. Tiffany Amber Thisen much brah?

And stop masturbating to my picture soldier boy.. who crank dat soldier boi... LOL, like someone would care that you were a dishwasher in the navy.

Now keep getting overly mad and using nicknames I personally created in other games, to help angry kids like you have a chance, and you have no affiliation to.

I guess since it seems you have the downs, I could cut you some slacks.

Now go to your *** timeout chair.

90 (edited by Lupus Aurelius 2010-12-20 04:01:17)

And again, F- , and your comments still have nothing to do with any factual data or analysis to support the arguement of the thread.  This is the "Balancing" Forum, not the BizzyFatBoy forum...

This thread has completely derailed.

Requestion a close on this thread. big_smile

The Game

99% of the people in this thread are trolled.

Lupus Aurelius wrote:

And again, F- , and your comments still have nothing to do with any factual data or analysis to support the arguement of the thread.  This is the "Balancing" Forum, not the BizzyFatBoy forum...

You should edit your posts 9 more times to keep saying something about 'Factual data', all the while just getting more mad. I offered world class thought provoking ideals and opinions in this thread.

Yours: Join zerg and have served in the Coast Guard.

LOL.. Get served son.

Nothing else good will come of this thread.

-Closed GM Oceanus

A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at.
- Bruce Lee