Topic: We need a system of auctions and tenders.

Subj.

Re: We need a system of auctions and tenders.

Example:

Agent A place order for buy 10k Noralgis at price 10 nics per 1 nora. Delivery time - 1 week.

Agent B accept this order. The penalty for failure to comply with
the transaction - for example, 10% of
the total order price. Deposit paid at the time of order.

A suggestion with potential. Rather like a player assignment. e.g:

Deliver me 50m Titan and 5k damaged common fragments to Hershfield by [date] and I'll pay you 90m NIC + your deposit refunded. Deposit 20m NIC.

Both sums go into a holding account until completion or otherwise. Who cares how they get the Titan - they could buy it, steal it or mine it.

Bit concerned it might undermine the market somewhat but apart from that potential to provide easy content for new players.

Ludlow Bursar wrote:

A suggestion with potential. Rather like a player assignment. e.g:

Deliver me 50m Titan and 5k damaged common fragments to Hershfield by [date] and I'll pay you 90m NIC + your deposit refunded. Deposit 20m NIC.

Both sums go into a holding account until completion or otherwise. Who cares how they get the Titan - they could buy it, steal it or mine it.

Bit concerned it might undermine the market somewhat but apart from that potential to provide easy content for new players.

I do not care where it is extractive titanium. Orders received - full proof. :-)

Look: I was very interested in the contract. I have a titan, but far away. A contract does not want to lose ...

5 (edited by Xadhoom 2013-08-30 20:19:30)

I recommend this is limited to non-player controlled terminals

2nd Top Killer 2012
02: 061 -- 353 -- 292 : Xadhoom

"Annihilator no fix for crashes when fighting burial/merkle/xadhoom ?"

Why don't we just link all the markets together.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Ville had a good idea for once

Ville wrote:

Because of it will kill all logistics. Dev's forces us 2,5 years for doing logistics.

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

Hunter wrote:
Ville wrote:

Because of it will kill all logistics. Dev's forces us 2,5 years for doing logistics.

Auctions will encourage logistics)

10 (edited by Zortarg Calltar 2013-09-02 15:39:57)

in the end its nothing different then using the market.

we talked about player missions as well. but what is a player mission. bring me x amount of that thing. that can do the market as well. and with better overview. you want to speed up the process with limited time? well you can set a duration how long your buy orders are.

i mean it sounds nice, but in the end it is nothing different then the market. just more complicated.

a contract system ala eve would be way more usefull. that can be directed at the things/persons that you want.

^ Exactly what I thought.

Hunter wrote:
Ville wrote:

I think we are both trolling at this point lol.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

You not understand me. I write tomorrow from PC.

I really don't know what going on here big_smile

RIP PERPETUUM

what you could add is a "urgent" option to the market.

these can be listed in a seperate section of the market.
lets say they cost 5% of your income.

Um, or just increase your buying price.  No coding needed.....

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

What we have now: buy and a sell order with the ability to adjust the price.

What could be: we can put contracts at a certain price for a certain amount and a certain person. On the principle that an agreement, set-and-forget. Do not always have the opportunity to meet with that person.

Auctions. It's all understandable. Ability to sell something at a better price. Sometimes it is difficult to determine the price, especially when there is no a sell orders in the market. What do you choose: put item at a fixed price and wait a week until someone buys it or regret that you sold it too cheap, half an hour after placing the order? That is, the demand will determine the price. Thus, as stated in the play features.

Purchases are made the same way: the order is placed with the maximum price at which we agree to buy. Here players will be competing for the opportunity to sell something illiquid. The winner, of course, the floor price. Seller happy to have sold, the buyer happy that he bought cheaper than expected.

Yeah, this would be great Chemist (I assume you are talking about an EVE like contract system).

It would also be awesome for trading between accounts/chars, no need to risk putting your stuff in a public corp storage folder and hoping you don't get jacked.

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

19 (edited by Hunter 2013-09-04 03:34:52)

Suppose that the developers will develop this content. They will spend time on it. Maybe a lot of time.
Now let's think. It really needs to be done now? We have enough of the main content, a lot PvP and interesting assignments? DeVs have nothing else to do?

I advise every time before offering your next "brilliant idea", ask yourself: "Is it really necessary?"

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

Hunter, I do not require it now. I'm just suggesting that in my opinion is necessary. Priorities are for developers. If you do not have enough attention from Chaos - jump down from the window.