1 (edited by Martha Stuart 2013-04-06 02:05:45)

Topic: Folder changes

If it is not to much work, is there anyway that you could add in sub-folders?  As in allowing us to create folders inside of folders.  For example.  I would like to have one Main CT's folder, but inside of that folder I could have a folder for T1 ct's, another folder for T2 ct's, etc, etc, all inside of that "Main" CT's folder.  My industry toon has so many folders now, that it clogs up my terminal storage. 

Also, is there anyway to add in a materials folder that would allow my factory to pull from that folder for commodities, instead of my main storage.  And, if possible, have a folder that the produced items go into?  When running 30+ lines and producing so many items my storage is HUGE, and requires a lot of scrolling to get to the bottom.  I know it's not a big deal but it would be much more convenient for anyone who does large scale mass production.

Edit:  Can we also get produced items to automatically go into a stack instead of individual stacks of 1?

Re: Folder changes

Please use the "search" function on the forums.  This is a duplicate topic.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

I've been asking for this since closed beta and alongside auto refine for production jobs consider it to be the most important small change in corp management.

I know its a duplicate post but F U C K  Y E S

+1 Martha .. with the upcoming research changes this would be sorta icing on the cake if they were able to squeeze this in at the same time. big_smile

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

We're discussing whether this would be possible, but even if it is, we can probably only allow 1 sublevel and up to 10 subfolders, like in the case of corporation storages.

I know you haven't promised anything yet (if its even possible), and you have A LOT on your plate already. But I just want to say thank you.  you guys are some of the most responsive game DEV's of any game that I have ever played.  So again thanks for all your hard work.

7 (edited by Line 2013-04-11 07:18:12)

Can we have access rights on folder level also? (OT: Yes, it's duplicate too)

Says, let it be CEO, CO-CEO and Storage Manager have full access to any folder, for anyone else you can add members in a list (same as, says, tf plan) and set rights for them (full access / read only)

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Line: yeah that idea came up earlier too, we just didn't get around it yet.

DEV Zoom wrote:

We're discussing whether this would be possible, but even if it is, we can probably only allow 1 sublevel and up to 10 subfolders, like in the case of corporation storages.

1. Allow us to rename SynSec containers. The SynSec containers already allows us to have 1 extra sub level in private storage, but without a proper name it is not easy to use as an organizing tool.

2. Allow us to move SynSec containers to corporation storage, this would give us 1 more sub level in corporation storage.

3. Allow us to put SynSec containers inside  SynSec containers, this would allow an endless amount of sub levels.

The SynSec containers as storage units is actually far superior to private storage containers and corporation storage folder. They show the total volume of the container and everything in it, and they can be dragged directly into a robots cargo.

This is not a bad suggestion, acidraid, but when they add permissions in the future, they would still have to do the folder system, so I would go the full way and do it right from the start.

Can the inventory/folder structure get some love too perchance?

12 (edited by Chemist 2013-08-30 16:26:31)

+1 to subfolders and Ctrl-A in active folder.

At least in private storage.