Re: Steam release, full 100% reset. Plus free to play model. Awesome!

Tux wrote:

His point is that he has to Forum pvp because he cant wear big boy pants lol

lol, they have been on Tux, but lets see...

"hes a *** because he won't fight 1vs10+"
"hes a *** because he won't give us free and easy kills anymore"

sounds about right if you ask me seeing as that is basically what you are saying roll

Reading this signature fills you with determination.

When life gives you Lemon's, You make Lemonade.

Excuses are for losers. 

Beast your young and full of energy, the only person in life that can ever make you quit, is yourself. 

This idea transcends more the just a game, its a life principle.  Learn this while you are young and you will go quite far, not just IN game, but in LIFE.  Where it really matters.

Keep your head up bud.  Keep at it and keep a positive attitude.

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

Beast show me on the teddy bear where Merkle touched you.

2nd Top Killer 2012
02: 061 -- 353 -- 292 : Xadhoom

"Annihilator no fix for crashes when fighting burial/merkle/xadhoom ?"

79 (edited by Burial 2013-08-29 05:47:20)

I wouldn't call showing up to few SAPs with a gang of mostly lights and assaults ***. We full well knew you will undock bigger bots but deliberately hoped to keep playfield more fair and be a good sport. Wishing you had noticed that.

Either way action speak louder than words: We didn't capture SI and we didn't attack your Gamma base, which is a lot better than the actions of the side you are desperately trying to protect now. All we did is take Nauwy after you started to hit our SAPs, that's where you can blame only yourself Beast.

Somewhere between those events handfull of Rawr members went full *** and started a smacktalk campaign against us which threw any of the politics you mention out of the window. The momentary satisfaction you might have gained from smacktalk were easily outweighed by the mess it created.

Never go full ***.

Burial wrote:

Never go full ***.

Otherwise you turn out like Ville

Isn't it funny that we were so evil, that the CEO of Rawr joined Nebs after his gamma was wiped by PHM and their assets stolen by CIR.... What a *** move by us..... Really guys? Didn't seem to be all this hostility then...

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

Martha Stuart wrote:
Burial wrote:

Never go full ***.

Otherwise you turn out like Ville

Now Now Martha lets not go all butthurt on the forums.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

83 (edited by Martha Stuart 2013-08-28 18:16:29)

Ville, I truly enjoy trading insults with you.  I find it highly entertaining, but recently you just say butthurt this and butthurt that.  Can you at least change up your insults a little bit?  You are starting to become like that 5 year old that learns his first swear word, and just repeats it Ad infinitum.   I miss the old Ville sad

You have had some truly great insults and troll post in the past, you just have gotten stale over the past couple months.  What happened to the old inventive Ville, that's the one I want to insult sad

I think a new server being launched on a clean slate server in the most ideal location to supply the world would be the best avenue should any grouping of players 5k+ gain interest from steam.

The lesser server will always die off when you have two in any case as well.

Seems we have some CD overflow:

It brings a tear to my eye to see you all grown up STC, was just a little over a year ago that the very corp you are condemning enabled your corp to grow and thrive.

A lot is being said here and as the poster child of Noob slaying especially in regards to CIR. It is very tough to say we put any focus on them with me only having 1 kill on Blackhorn himself on Alpha. *Note I did let his follow bot get away*

Ludlow would it be to difficult to see a graph for the last how long showing the peaks of #Kills and then off to the side shows the top 5 corps. I know when I stopped playing it was always due to a dry spell of fights.

Undefeated 2013
"Even alone you probably are one of the best" - Khader Khan
"Lemon the 1 man army .... also know as: THE TERMINATOR!" - Obi Wan
"There are people who are just better then you at doing many things at one time, some are far better then myself, far better." -Merkle

Lemon wrote:

Ludlow would it be to difficult to see a graph for the last how long showing the peaks of #Kills and then off to the side shows the top 5 corps.

I did draw that graph earlier this year - a 30 day moving total of kills from Perp launch to present. Maybe I'll consider resurrecting it but it doesn't paint a pretty picture.

86 (edited by Ludlow Bursar 2013-08-29 11:19:34)

Here are your graphs, Lemon. I'll add top five corps at key dates later but this'll help you make your point for now.

Two graphs included because (as you will see) a smaller scale is needed to get the detail after the kill peaks of the first few months.

Both graphs show total kills in the previous 30 days. New total calculated every day.

Since Perp Launch
Since Jan 1st 2012

Important edit at 11:18 The since 2012 graph has been updated - I made a mistake. If you viewed before this time I suggest reloading to get the correct version.

Have put graphs with top 5 corps at certain dates in their own thread since they might be of sufficient general interest to not be buried on page 4 something entirely unrelated.

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … in-graphs/

Y'know... everyone's terrified about a wipe-all or other changes that will impact all the filthy lucre they've amassed during the slow months of peace... but other people have grave concerns about attracting and keeping nuubs...

How about this suggestion:  Pay to Compete
In other words:  EP packages; 1, 6, and 12 month.  To a maximum EP available on a given account of no more than 75% of the current maximum EP.

So, let's say that a character that started, day 1, and has kept active has 2 million EP  (I don't know the total, so that's just an example number).  Any current or new account can buy EP in packages up to 1.5m after which no further EP can be applied and they'll have to progress based on time as normal.

The EP package would be exactly the same as it would cost for a 1, 6, or 12 month subscription, but all applied immediately.  No other benefits are given (thus standings and goods have to be worked for).  They would, of course, need to purchase subscriptions thereafter as normal (or not, if they go the free-to-play route).

It's certainly not 'pay to win' or even 'get ahead', but can buff them enough to feel a little more competitive than a nuub in his arkhebot.  Since nothing other than EP is provided there is no direct 'I win' correlation from premium purchase items or such.

This will very possibly attract new players, give them a means to become more established than a 0-EP nuub and give them an incentive to stay with just a bit more money up front which will fatten the developer's pockets perhaps enough to allow for some expansion?

Awesome thanks ludlow that is awesome.

Undefeated 2013
"Even alone you probably are one of the best" - Khader Khan
"Lemon the 1 man army .... also know as: THE TERMINATOR!" - Obi Wan
"There are people who are just better then you at doing many things at one time, some are far better then myself, far better." -Merkle

Those Numbers at the start are a bit off due to insurance fraud.  Is that taken into account at all?

The Gifter

Scarab Kill Count - 13

Dev zoom posted in another post that this reset isn't gona happen gunner

Did anyone really think it would?

Arga some people are just slow.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Whorum Post Alt wrote:

Y'know... everyone's terrified about a wipe-all or other changes that will impact all the filthy lucre they've amassed during the slow months of peace... but other people have grave concerns about attracting and keeping nuubs...

How about this suggestion:  Pay to Compete
In other words:  EP packages; 1, 6, and 12 month.  To a maximum EP available on a given account of no more than 75% of the current maximum EP.

So, let's say that a character that started, day 1, and has kept active has 2 million EP  (I don't know the total, so that's just an example number).  Any current or new account can buy EP in packages up to 1.5m after which no further EP can be applied and they'll have to progress based on time as normal.

The EP package would be exactly the same as it would cost for a 1, 6, or 12 month subscription, but all applied immediately.  No other benefits are given (thus standings and goods have to be worked for).  They would, of course, need to purchase subscriptions thereafter as normal (or not, if they go the free-to-play route).

It's certainly not 'pay to win' or even 'get ahead', but can buff them enough to feel a little more competitive than a nuub in his arkhebot.  Since nothing other than EP is provided there is no direct 'I win' correlation from premium purchase items or such.

This will very possibly attract new players, give them a means to become more established than a 0-EP nuub and give them an incentive to stay with just a bit more money up front which will fatten the developer's pockets perhaps enough to allow for some expansion?

So I pay twice for the same EP I already paid for?
No.

Also its not just about filthy lucre ... How do you compensate for all the work someone puts into something like terraforming or building structures? None of those items are owned by an individual, but both consumed a large chunk of someones playtime and resources to build.

Cassius wrote:

Also its not just about filthy lucre ... How do you compensate for all the work someone puts into something like terraforming or building structures? None of those items are owned by an individual, but both consumed a large chunk of someones playtime and resources to build.

You're confused.

A wipe is about clearing out the current 38 players so that the next wave of 1000's of players will enjoy the game.

Arga wrote:
Cassius wrote:

You're confused.

A wipe is about clearing out the current 38 players so that the next wave of 1000's of players will enjoy the game.

Arga. I really like you. You are articulate and generally come across as a smart guy. However even the smartest can be completely stupid. This would be that time.

Please consider.
Does a wipe remove experience?
Does a wipe remove corp structure?
10 minutes after a full wipe and reset, would you bet against Lemon or Merkle against anyone in pvp with their arkhes?

All the current corps will simply reform, and quickly dominate the virgin landscape, as before. A new player with no prior knowledge or experience of the game will be left far behind, quickly.

The only thing a wipe does is remove the assets of those currently playing. It's easy mode for those disgruntled with the game and cant be assed to re-establish themselves via gameplay.

Who is confused?

Lets even go a little farther with this. Currently the mist active and largest corp controls most of the game territory. Within one month of a wipe, the largest and most active corp, with the most perp experience, will control the most territory.

I can trash talk my enemies all I want. It does not change the fact that CIR is probably the most organized group if gamers that have played. They would quickly and efficiently mine and farm their way to the top of the food chain, along with the help of their allies. Numbers win in Perp. Its the case right now, it would be the case after a wipe.

To expect anything else to occur is unrealistic.
The only reason why STC currently holds most of the gameworld is the opposition stopped playing. They could have the same effect on the political landscape if they returned to play now. A wipe will do nothing.

I repeat once again for the stupid and the brakes: all that now exists in the game - is the result of money spent and TIME. Do you offer take away from me and other veterans 2-3 YEARS of life? Just DELETE THE GAME. Newcomers will now be much easier to develop than when we started. Who wants to play - will play anyway. The rest are not worth my time. I spent so much time to achieve what I now have. Call at least one reason for which I have to lose this?

Were fine...Devs already said this wont happen.

At most this is a good troll thread.  At best.

The Gifter

Scarab Kill Count - 13

Merkle wrote:

Were fine...Devs already said this wont happen.

At most this is a good troll thread.  At best.

This.

As I had said a few posts above, they would never do a wipe, but it's fun to play along.

Conceivably, they could shut down the game, then relaunch it at some point, but not a straight up wipe.

Conceptually though, a wipe is about generating that same hype that brought us into the game, that is getting in on the 'bottom floor' of a time based game. It would simply be a public relations nightmare to actually do it.