Topic: Terraforming restrictions around teleports and terraforming plans

i guess the terraforming restriction around teleports is still in place so you can terraform less up and down the closer you are at a teleport.
terraforming plans on the other hand do not care to stop where that limit is. you can make plans there with terrain leveled to the sea or raised to the sky. but i guess thats only in the plan and the terraforming itself will not do so.

can we get that back as it once was.

so that you can form in your plan what is max possible? and not further...

would making plans a hell lot more easy.

Re: Terraforming restrictions around teleports and terraforming plans

Huh, you mean we had that feature before?

3 (edited by Zortarg Calltar 2013-08-26 20:37:36)

i was pretty sure we had that at the start. you could make a plan and raise the terrain in the plan to what was max possible. i can remember that quite well.

someone even posted a screenshot from something like that. looked like a big salad bowl. but its some time ago.

I can't recall this feature Zortarg, it has always been like that. +1 to get it changed.

RIP PERPETUUM

5 (edited by Zortarg Calltar 2013-08-27 21:42:13)

i just was doning some terraforming not too far from teleports and it did all i wanted.
im sure this was quite different on the first test server. i even can remember that i could not do some suff on our first emperth terraformings because it was too close to the teleport. now it seams not realy to matter.

yes all that was quite a while ago...

i highly doubt that my mind plays tricks on me.

Terraforming close to teleports is an odd one. Strange things happen with some bits of terrain that move and some that don't. Some bits of terrain that can be moved within a terraforming plan by one player and the same bit completely immovable by another.

I've never worked out how or why or when it seems so random. Tried deleting .gbfs and all sorts but just couldn't work it out. Even found a potential exploit (reported and now fixed I notice) while doing it.

My best guess was something Zortarg alluded to earlier - that the closer you get to the teleport the less you are able to move terrain from its underlying height but even that is not consistent.

Seems only to happen within the old 2000m from teleport building limit. Haven't tried since it all went 3D distance calculations.

I was always able to TF upto 500 m off TPs.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

8 (edited by Ludlow Bursar 2013-08-28 19:31:36)

Yeah, there was a 500m limit. Between 500m and 2000m though I found making plans and terraforming to be really, not sure what to call it ... either buggy or full of unexplained mechanics.