Topic: DEV's FIX the LAG

Stop *** around with new features or even the god damn Steam modifications, Till you FIX the LAG issue with the server and client..Maybe turn off all those structure animations because no one gives a *** if they sparkle...I know it's not my computer my cpu is only at 65% utilized and my GPU around 45% but hit I have to mash the *** out of my keyboard to get my guns to fire and loots...most can decay just not enough time to loot.

SO FIX THE *** SYNC ISSUES BETWEEN THE CLIENT AND THE SERVER!!!!!!!!

2nd Top Killer 2012
02: 061 -- 353 -- 292 : Xadhoom

"Annihilator no fix for crashes when fighting burial/merkle/xadhoom ?"

Re: DEV's FIX the LAG

to be honest this game was more enjoyable before Gamma

2nd Top Killer 2012

Xadhoom wrote:

+1 I have to admit it was much smoother back then.

RIP PERPETUUM

+1 lags are pain in the ***

We're trying to figure out what causes lag.

Its the *** structures...its nearly unbearable.

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

7 (edited by Burial 2013-08-26 18:05:03)

After we captured the turrets and other buildings near CHAOS base, the build up of ping has stopped. I think it's related to turrets targeting you. Other thing to note is that it's often just one of the accounts that is getting hit by the buildup bug while other(s) running on the same computer act fine.

Zoom, if you want to test it then take some regular bot with normal masking and walk around near the turret wall on Landers. Enjoy 100k+ ping. big_smile

Thanks but we imported Landers over to the test server and looking at that now (that's why the test server is in admin only now).

It currently looks like most of the network packet spam is coming from booster nodes, and building accumulator updates (which basically noone should really care about on the terrain).

That sounds encouraging although ...

Neuting and energy transferring structures is quite often an important tactic in gamma warfare.

Ludlow Bursar wrote:

Neuting and energy transferring structures is quite often an important tactic in gamma warfare.

That's cool, none of those is an "effect" which lasts (like a nexus effect or an aura for example). This is practically about the effect icons you see when you select or target a building. And since you don't see the accumulator status of buildings on the terrain, those broadcasts are also unnecessary. Unfortunately that's harder to solve than the broadcast of the effects, but we see drastic improvement with "muting" only those too.

DEV Zoom wrote:
Ludlow Bursar wrote:

That's cool, none of those is an "effect" which lasts (like a nexus effect or an aura for example). This is practically about the effect icons you see when you select or target a building. And since you don't see the accumulator status of buildings on the terrain, those broadcasts are also unnecessary. Unfortunately that's harder to solve than the broadcast of the effects, but we see drastic improvement with "muting" only those too.

are you talking about turning off the energy "path" effect that reactors transmitters backbones all have when feeding energy to other nodes?

or are you talking about the broadcasting that all structures do of their energy levels that we cant even read/receive  in any way?

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

Tux wrote:

or are you talking about the broadcasting that all structures do of their energy levels that we cant even read/receive  in any way?

It's this. They are in the same system that broadcasts accumulator levels of other robots and it's very hard to filter it. And if we would turn it off you wouldn't be able to see your squadmates' accumulator levels. Then again this shouldn't matter this much but it seems like the network packet processing power of the game client is slower than it should be, so this whole thing is a complex issue.

Xadhoom wrote:

it was more enjoyable b4 Walls 1.0

open terrain fights are the best fights & the ones any one cares to remember big_smile

Homer J Simpson wrote:
Xadhoom wrote:

it was more enjoyable b4 Walls 1.0

open terrain fights are the best fights & the ones any one cares to remember big_smile

You are free to roam and fight on beta.

RIP PERPETUUM

DEV Zoom wrote:
Tux wrote:

It's this. They are in the same system that broadcasts accumulator levels of other robots and it's very hard to filter it. And if we would turn it off you wouldn't be able to see your squadmates' accumulator levels. Then again this shouldn't matter this much but it seems like the network packet processing power of the game client is slower than it should be, so this whole thing is a complex issue.

If you treated this like an IP network you would simply need to modify the broadcast domain and either move the client / structures outside it.

not to dig too deep but its the same line of code really controlling the broadcasting of accumulator status for robots and structures? I guess that could be good and bad but still can be rewritten to separate the two. Im sure you guys will figure it out ... seems like after the research 2.0 you are able to crank out updates much much faster big_smile

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

With today patch it seems the lag as been reduce allot, I am now able to run 4 clients, doing 2 beacons at a time on Imidero without to much lag, I will try doing 3 beacons at once.

2nd Top Killer 2012

When you talking about LAG here, its the MS Lag or different lag?

RIP PERPETUUM

If the client gets very slow (fps-wise), then that can also affect its network packet processing capability, which in turn generates network lag (ms lag).

DEV Zoom wrote:

If the client gets very slow (fps-wise), then that can also affect its network packet processing capability, which in turn generates network lag (ms lag).

I see, but still, my ms stays around 90-100 all the time, and I still get lag with 2 accounts.

RIP PERPETUUM

its way better then before. keep it up.

having a smoth running client is one of the most important things for a mmo. and things might get more messy again when we get more population.