Re: Farmers on a mission spot

Low level kernals are just way too valuable at this stage in the game.  It is too easy to get money at a low level, and will just end up in massive inflation in a very short period of time.

I'm not exactly looking forward to there being billionaires left right and center in a few short months just because they can spend massive amounts of time farming the easiest spawns in the game.

I am Perpetuum's Most Dangerous Agent and an equal opportunity troll.
-> You just lost The Game <-
"Perpetuum sounds like a something I would stick up my *** for enjoyement." -Kaito Kurusaki

Maybe the devs could do a database trick to see who is selling massive amounts of kernals, might locate a few goldsellers with it.

Neoxx wrote:

I'm not exactly looking forward to there being billionaires left right and center in a few short months just because they can spend massive amounts of time farming the easiest spawns in the game.

In beta, how long did it take for the majority of industry players to out grow these kernels?

I would think that it would have to level out to the point where only new players would need these kernels, and they simply won't have the NIC to buy them if they are too expensive.

This doesn't stop billionaires being produced in the mean time, unless players simply stop buying T1 kernels.

(Carebear messaging service: Not a troll, genuinely interested if the market can correct for this or if its a real issue)

Neoxx wrote:

Drop the npc kernal buy orders and let the players decide their worth.  My guess is that low level kernals will be worth a lot less and it will bring balance to kernal value.  This will drive vets from the low level spawns in search of better profit.

We have NIC faucets with missions, so this wont be missed.

And cause EVEN less Beta island activity? Bad idea.

BizzyBeast wrote:
Neoxx wrote:

Drop the npc kernal buy orders and let the players decide their worth.  My guess is that low level kernals will be worth a lot less and it will bring balance to kernal value.  This will drive vets from the low level spawns in search of better profit.

We have NIC faucets with missions, so this wont be missed.

And cause EVEN less Beta island activity? Bad idea.

?

If anything it will force ppl out into the world more.

I'm amazed how many low lvl assault spawns aren't being farmed and yet majority of the light ones are packed.

Its due to the kernel value not scaling with difficulty. I'm still not sure why they reduced assault/mech kernel value after launch. In open beta there wasn't much issue with noob spawn camping..

31 (edited by Thadious 2010-12-17 04:20:34)

I agree with getting rid of the infa-kernel buy option... there is no reason for it other than to promote farming.

hmm, why do we have two identical topics here?

i'm closing this one down, please continue here

Thadious wrote:

I agree with getting rid of the infa-kernel buy option... there is no reason for it other than to promote farming.

its one of the two options to get NIC from NPCs - grind missions, or grind Kernels.

Forum Rule #5
Pyramid quoting, quoting excessive amounts of text or quoting without any senseful reply is forbidden. Only quote that is necessary to show what your reply refers to.