1 (edited by Gunner 2013-08-19 07:14:24)

Topic: Steam release, full 100% reset. Plus free to play model. Awesome!

Clean slate the whole thing.

All players who subbed the last two years get game time equal to their SP / 1440.

Fire up the free-to-play model, outlined in other thread.  Free = 0% SP gain.  5$ = 50%, and 5 sparks, $10 = 100% and 10 sparks.

Welcome to the new world order!

\o/

Have a legacy server with a couple cores for those who opt out.

Re: Steam release, full 100% reset. Plus free to play model. Awesome!

That's GREAT advertisement for a game promising meaningful gameplay.. if ten kids join the game your progress (years) will be wiped.

We need more players.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

4 (edited by BeastmodeGuNs 2013-08-19 11:34:46)

Ville wrote:

We need more players.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Honestly. its boring having the same 2 sided 5 vs 20 thing going on, steam needs to happen and there need to be more players, more factions, more pvP, and of course.... and in the case of STC and friends 10+ more corps blued up

Reading this signature fills you with determination.

5 (edited by Homer J Simpson 2013-08-19 14:15:26)

This game has had what 1000s of people buy accounts & train them up at one time or another & your saying to nuke all of that on the off chance at keeping new people? I cant imagine any one who has played & spent $100s in this game would trust the DEVs ever again.

Bad idea -1

Another thing is these DEVs can not produce the amount of content most Free to play games need in order to keep people playing. You will end up in the same situation as now eventually.

Terrible idea. -1

NO!

RIP PERPETUUM

Actually what I see happening is this:  Perp lands on Steam, possible increase in player base slight not much, but big enough that another established developer catches the eye of this game and buys it from AC.  Then it is wiped clean and polished and then we can again.  With shiny paint jobs.

No, *** you. The Steam kids will try the game for few hours, cry about bad graphics and leave again.

Jasdemi wrote:

No, *** you. The Steam kids will try the game for few hours, cry about bad graphics and leave again.

+1

11 (edited by Hunter 2013-08-22 04:11:48)

I would agree with reset. If my paid subscription will be prolonged for next 3 years (which i paid while played the game).

FTP? why not. I would allow to play free without accrue EP.

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

Without accruing EP?  HTF do you expect to keep players if they cannot advance beyond arkhebot level?  That's pretty stupid.

Give a bonus to EP generation for paid subs, OFC, but let the freebies accrue enough to advance without that ever present 'buy tokens/diamonds/coins' popup that so many other games rely on like street buskers.

Spend more than two years with and start from the beginning with 0 EP? Play yourself in this game.

- (minus)

14 (edited by Homer J Simpson 2013-08-22 09:54:28)

Ville wrote:

Actually what I see happening is this:  Perp lands on Steam, possible increase in player base slight not much, but big enough that another established developer catches the eye of this game and buys it from AC.

+1

Do not forget: this is not a free beta test. Taking a money from the players, the developer has committed itself.

Chemist wrote:

Do not forget: this is not a free beta test. Taking a money from the players, the developer has committed itself.

+1

Chemist wrote:

+1 Breaking that commitment , the Devs will lose any credibility that is left from me.

RIP PERPETUUM

18 (edited by Zortarg Calltar 2013-08-22 15:26:42)

has been discussed (multible times) already. and yes its a bad idea.

reset
- you will not get more new players just because you will reset.
- this is a time based system, break it and you break the trust of the vets.
- vets can provide a lot to the new players.
- small amount of vets will not realy be a probem if we get to a good population again (2000+ hopefully more)
- advertising is the problem and not the vets. if ppl would know about the game more would play. but there is no advertising because it costs a *** of money. and we all hope steam will be a bit of that advertising, but also perp is only one small game of the thousands on steam...

payment model:
- there is no say that ppl will start and keep playing perp if its ftp. we still have the othe rissues (content/ballaning)
- ftp is the worst gaming concept, and will always be bad for gameplay. simple because devs have to put effort in stupid things ppl will pay money for. and that will result in less usefull content. sad that so many think its the way to go.
- there are 2 big mmos going to be subscription based (wildstar and the elder scrolls online) so we will see if free to play is realy the future. i doubt it. as said above. quality will always be worse.
- i dont like it.

Whorum Post Alt wrote:

Without accruing EP?  HTF do you expect to keep players if they cannot advance beyond arkhebot level?  That's pretty stupid.

Once again: Play free without accrue EP. It means accrue EP if you paid premium sub.

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

20 (edited by Gunner 2013-08-22 21:06:00)

Like it or not, we have been paying to beta test this game up to steam release.

How many times are important Gamma mechanics going to be changed right under your nose?

Case in point:

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … cy-phases/

oops!~  this is broken, sorry about the new side effects

The few players left, can opt out of Steam server and play on legacy server forever.

This game was already released. No?

22 (edited by Gunner 2013-08-22 21:47:31)

It was a trap.

not this thread, the release  tongue

Gunner wrote:

Like it or not, we have been paying to beta test this game up to steam release.

How many times are important Gamma mechanics going to be changed right under your nose?

Case in point:

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … cy-phases/

oops!~  this is broken, sorry about the new side effects

The few players left, can opt out of Steam server and play on legacy server forever.

Your right Gunner, the DEV's should stop fixing any bugs or issues that come up. Just leave the game the way it was at launch.... Really?

And if reinforce timers on structures that had been reinforced were being changed while in reinforce. It should be fixed.

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

bugs are one thing, but changing vital game mechanics or introducing off-the-wall game mechanics, then fixing them after people have invested time in to them is awesome.

25 (edited by Burial 2013-08-23 12:07:58)

Gunner you are talking as these things would be a surprise in actively developed MMO. Often something gets added to the game, people spend time to use or aquire it and it gets nerfed to the point it's no-longer useful. Part of playing an MMO is always finding optimal solutions and adapting to the changes of gameplay imo.