Topic: Change to teleporting with PvP flag

There is a new test server out, which can keep PvP flags after teleporting to another island. As this issue was the only reason not to allow going through these teleports with a PvP flag, this restriction has been lifted. The change does not affect interzone mobile teleports.

NOTE: The PvP timer's visual indicator starts from 100% after teleporting, but it counts down only the leftover time.

To sum up the current rules with an active PvP flag:
* Docking: not allowed (no change)
* Using in-island fixed teleports: allowed (no change)
* Using inter-island fixed teleports: allowed (changed)
* Using standard teleport beacons: allowed (no change)
* Using inter-island teleport beacons: not allowed (no change)

Re: Change to teleporting with PvP flag

Any news if the PVP timer will increase too?

3 (edited by Celebro 2013-08-18 23:41:03)

DEV Zoom wrote:

NOTE: The PvP timer starts from 100% after teleporting.

I guess you mean visually its starts over?

I thought you said this interisland PVP timer can not be done. Does that open other options that was discussed on the spark teleporting?

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

NOTE: The PvP timer starts from 100% after teleporting.

I guess you mean visually its starts over?

I thought you said this interisland PVP timer can not be done. Does that open other options that was discussed on the spark teleporting?

Yes, visually.

Technically it still can't go over, the current solution is that the timer state is saved on the source side and then reapplied on the other side.

big_smile that was fast !! i hope to test it out tonight

Thanks Zoom

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

Fight spill over in to alpha too?

coolness

Hmm this is interesting.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Seems to work very well.

One small visual bug I noticed is that the lightning effect you see after you've teleported yourself is missing(the one you see after the GUI gets removed and camera starts to slowly rotate around your model).

This is an excellent change. Must be accompanied by an increase in PvP flag time too though. Increase to 15 minutes I think. PvP spilling onto Alpha too - can't wait

Ludlow Bursar wrote:

This is an excellent change. Must be accompanied by an increase in PvP flag time too though. Increase to 15 minutes I think. PvP spilling onto Alpha too - can't wait

Indeed, but they should also fix the effect before doing anything, it causes a lot confusion.

11 (edited by Merkle 2013-08-19 14:15:29)

Ludlow Bursar wrote:

All that is needed, for every time you jump through a external gate, your flag refreshes.

Also, the protection of said external gate needs to be reduced IF the said party is flagged, and only if they are flagged.

(I'm thinking half the value.)

Let me be very clear, externals only.

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

12 (edited by Burial 2013-08-19 14:23:38)

Both are good ideas.

Merkle wrote:

All that is needed, for every time you jump through a external gate, your flag refreshes.

If I have got this right you are suggesting that if PvP flags are increased to, say, 15 minutes and someone teleports to another zone/island with, say, 3 minutes of timer remaining then they will land in the other zone with the full 15 minutes back on the timer.

Interesting. What is your thinking here?

Idea, I'm flagged for 5 minutes, I jump to an alpha gate.  I keep holding my flag jumping back and forth till my flag drops and I walk to alpha.  No one in their right mind would walk through alpha flagged.

This will ONLY work if the pvp flag refreshes every time someone jumps through a TP.  Even then someone will just bring you an multiple armored beacon from alpha and drop it on that side letting you get away unless you have enough DPS to break it.

I don't see how this helps things.

PS your welcome pointing out the obvious flaws.

Ville: you can't deploy mobile teleports near a fixed teleport.

500 M is not hard to run too.

17 (edited by Ville 2013-08-19 16:33:30)

Any tyrannos pilot on the server can do it.

Edited: Even Beastmode.

Great, now we would need to add a cool down for sparks on alpha.

RIP PERPETUUM

Ville wrote:

Idea, I'm flagged for 5 minutes, I jump to an alpha gate.  I keep holding my flag jumping back and forth till my flag drops and I walk to alpha.  No one in their right mind would walk through alpha flagged.

This will ONLY work if the pvp flag refreshes every time someone jumps through a TP.  Even then someone will just bring you an multiple armored beacon from alpha and drop it on that side letting you get away unless you have enough DPS to break it.

how is this different form some one not flagged jumping back & forth between 2 betas or gamma's right now ?
^^ this is already a tactic used by some but an obvious fix would to be like internals and throw players 500+ meters away from the teleport when they deploy ...  or it could be 750+ if they are flagged smile

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

Celebro wrote:

Great, now we would need to add a cool down for sparks on alpha.

+1, might I suggest 1 hour globally.

21 (edited by Ville 2013-08-19 16:50:41)

Tux wrote:
Ville wrote:

how is this different form some one not flagged jumping back & forth between 2 betas or gamma's right now ?
^^ this is already a tactic used by some but an obvious fix would to be like internals and throw players 500+ meters away from the teleport when they deploy ...  or it could be 750+ if they are flagged smile

The difference is on the side of one of those gates you would have a shot of hiding somewhere the pvp flag timer and then your free(alpha)e versus, your pvp timer + safe log time then logistics to get home(Beta + Gamma).  Plus then you have the person carrying the beacons able to freely come and go without being flagged, the other scenario has you risking two bots.

From the sound of Zooms post it sounded like this was an easy thing to test and implement.  By adding layers to this it would take further coding and additional time.

Hey, I'm not saying this is a terrible thing I just see some obvious escapes to it.  And I just wanted to point them out.

Even if you refresh the pvp timer after jumping, heres a plausible scenario:

I jump to an exterior alpha gate.
I am followed by others who are jumping in.  Because I am smart and I have pre staged a sequer on the other side of the gate by an alt I begin unloading beacons in convenient places.  My counter part funnels through a different beacon same gate to alpha.  Hordes of intruders start pouring into the gate.  I and my part start playing distance games with the enemy so our landmarks has us jumping back and forth on whos on top furthest away.  I jump to a remote gate.  my partner jumps back to ZOMG DEATH land.  I run my bot off to the wild blue yonder and wait out the pvp timer,  I then use my sequer to do the same as I just did, bouncing between landmarks to provide targeting issues.  Allowing not enough critical DPS to kill or misclick a demob.  500 M can be reachable in 7 seconds.  It takes 4 seconds to lock.  A flinch or a bad loading screen can ruin people.  Not to mention a crash on the gate. I can see some initial advantages for attackers and defenders but honestly this could further provide separation from SOLO pvpers and multiaccount or large corp pvpers. 

Just my two cents, feel free to flame.  I rather enjoy it.

Ville wrote:

This is the EXACT problem that I was attempting to point out.

This WILL happen.  Make the Flag refresh every time you jump through a External gate.

The Gifter

Scarab Kill Count - 13

Or make it so flagged player won't get protection buff.

Burial wrote:

Or make it so flagged player won't get protection buff.

Thought of that...I just dont know how easy it is to code.

The Gifter

Scarab Kill Count - 13