Topic: The Repopulation - Game

Interesting aproach of a new, in pre-Alpha state hybride Sandbox / Themepark game.
http://www.therepopulation.com/

Alternative to a secondary game, to keep monitoring the development?

• Hybrid approach which blends Sandbox and Theme Park mechanics.

• Unique three Faction PvP (Player vs. Player) system which allows players to join one of the two major Nations (OWON or FPR), or form their own independent Rogue Nation. Rogue Nations are similar to Guilds in other games, except they also act as their own independent faction in PvP.

• City building system allows Nations to form their own cities complete with Walls, Turrets, Harveters, Workshops, Houses, and other forms of structures geared towards benefiting the owning character, or the City as a whole. Cities can even be besieged by opposing Nations.

• Skills based gameplay featuring over 100 skills, and 15 tiers of advancement within each skill. This includes Combat, Social, Rogue, Crafting, Medical and General skills trees.

Remedy Inc. recruiting. Schliess dich uns an. Bewerbung und Guides unter: www.remedy-inc.de
#Bad Robot
#RSI Star Citizen: REMEDY

2 (edited by Burial 2012-04-02 21:59:16)

Re: The Repopulation - Game

Ive kept eye on it for some time now. Concept is really good, will see how they deliver. One big red flag is that the devs want to make an item mall out of it with even bonus XP and similar stuff.

Looks interesting, I'm just holding my breathe on this one.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Looks good on paper, but will suck hard. We've seen many games like this already, and ALL failed (see: Xsyon).

5 (edited by Burial 2012-04-10 23:05:30)

The big plus about the game is that it uses HeroEngine, so it will be a lot smoother and will perform a lot better then Xsyon. Considering the fact that it has been under developement quite long now and that the devs have had this time purely to script game mechanics(and not worry about networking and tons of other stuff Xsyon had), I would say its very promising. tongue

Looks like the same Xsyon wanted but with something way better, Scifi, im sick and tired of fantasy mmo's.

im signed up for the alpha, hopefully i can get in. big_smile

Will Repop be F2P?

8 (edited by Homer J Simpson 2013-07-02 15:40:46)

Burial wrote:

Will Repop be F2P?

Yes

Beta testing is planned for around August but the devs wont commit to that till closer to the date

They planning to sell in-game stuff for $ I presume. Any info how they handle it?

10 (edited by Homer J Simpson 2013-07-03 00:14:03)

Burial wrote:

They planning to sell in-game stuff for $ I presume. Any info how they handle it?

Cosmetic items its seems mainly, plus a few ingame abilities like founding a Nation (corporation) & being a city Mayor.

You can perches these abilities on their own or as part of bundles: silver  ($25) gold ($50) platinum ($100) these r one time fees. the game has no subscription options. tho they do still seem open to implementing new ideas.
Their stated aim is no pay to win items

Homer J Simpson wrote:

Their stated aim is no pay to win items

Will see about that, F2P will fail yet again.

RIP PERPETUUM

12 (edited by Burial 2013-07-04 21:24:51)

Right now the model doesn't seem so bad, expansions and extras for $. Will see how it all turns out if they start to run low on revenue.

I pledged. I said I wouldn't but obi twisted my arm. tongue

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

Gremrod wrote:

I pledged. I said I wouldn't but obi twisted my arm. tongue

Hehe, dang Obi, using the force to twist other people's arms, no wonder your apart of the dark side lol
Yes i really had to see the above roll

Reading this signature fills you with determination.

you will give me all your Nic *Waves hand*

as you wish....
*sends 20 Nic*

Reading this signature fills you with determination.

17 (edited by Homer J Simpson 2013-08-08 06:05:19)

BeastmodeGuNs wrote:

as you wish....
*sends 20 Nic*

you dong

E woot finally one thats not censored big_smile