Topic: Next Revamp

DEV ZOOM wrote:

So we’ve been planning a complete revamp of the system for a while now, and unlike in the case of research, randomness could be our friend here. This is a huge undertaking, and luckily we can separate it down into two stages: the first stage will use the current assignments, but will change the way they are provided and accepted, and the second stage will change the assignments themselves.

Are we still looking at a two stage process or has it changed and compiled into one release ?

Also Is the instance system looking like its going to work or are we looking at just random missions on the current islands ?

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

Re: Next Revamp

The first stage will only revamp the system of how you receive assignments. No new assignments or instances etc there. We can't put it all in one patch because that would probably take half a year...

OK.. Yeah i was under the assumption that it was still a 2 stage implementation, just wanted to verify.

1. so in stage 1 is there any testing of what is done so far that we could be doing on the test server ? ...

2. Also in stage one is it planned for the SS Store to have any updates as well or is that in stage 2?

3. over all stage 1 + stage 2 will it be possible to remove the cap on Reputation with corps?

4. in the new system (stage 1) will missions give a fixed amount of relation or will it stay as is and lower the gaim per mission the higher reputation you get? <~~ i know this was a problem for a lot of people when looking at ways to improve the PVE aspect of the game.

5. In stage 1 will any of the mission locations change ? I would think so due to them now being randomized.

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

It's still too early to answer any of those.

Ok I can maybe answer 5:
Missions won't change at all if possible. Current missions will be distributed based on their locations.

After giving it much though I doubt the randomisation of assignments will be a good change on it's own it will probably make it worse with the old assignments in place. I doubt players are going to atempt them much after the first stage is complete, therefore an increase in rewards is a must.

RIP PERPETUUM

Standings are extremely important in the game, and the only way to improve standings is to run missions.

Currently the missions are so mind-numbingly boring due to distances traveled in slow vehicles lacking autopilot that it takes a particularly masochistic mentality to do them more than once, much less enough to raise standings appreciably.

Highways need to actually connect to their destinations, and (on highways) there needs to be an autopilot function.

Off highways needs a waypoint system for autopilot - meaning you would have to actually navigate the path and set your waypoints to avoid obstacles and the like.

Also - exploration content right now remains static, which is a chore.  To refresh your list you actually have to hunt down those level 1s and clear them, which is a chore akin to the mission system.  Increase the rewards of tier 1s to compensate, or have items in them that are unique to that level and not found in the others.  IIs also need some resource that is not available in IIIs and Is so that there is some sense of purpose in going after them.

is shift clicking the radar not autopilot?

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

Shadowmine wrote:

More like zombie pilot. It does not work all the time.

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:
Shadowmine wrote:

More like zombie pilot. It does not work all the time.

There's no navigational pathing in minimap click - one plant, one gradient angle too steep and the bot stops.

Highways should be one-click destination without worry that you'll actually get there.  Off-highway should require a bit more robust pathfinding to ever be effective.

The auto pilot can be pretty awesome, actually.

I've had mine navigate through the most complex of player built gamma mazes for many many thousands of metres.

Sometimes though - and I've never worked out exactly when or why - it just simply doesn't work or gives up after a few hundred metres.

Make it possible to record your movement, and then make it possible to select and run them later. smile