Topic: Prototype bonus

I remember reading somewhere the prototypes are superior to the basic items made in factories. But if I compare the info on an item from the market and the same item in my development area the stats are identical?

Can you only see the improved stats if you actually create the prototype and look at it's info? How much better is a prototype compared to the factory made item?

2 (edited by Thadious 2010-12-16 11:14:45)

Re: Prototype bonus

that only applies to named items.  prototype standard items are just standard items.

EDIT: to see the difference look in the market for prototype named items and compare the info tabs.   The biggest differences are usually in weight and RP

There are no "standard prototypes", the bonus only affect t2-t4 items, for example, a t2 light em gun and its prototyped version : http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/4770/proto.png

ah ok thanks, that explains why I couldn't see any difference then.

Do I have to use a T1 prototype to make a T2 prototype or will a factory made T1 item be fine?

you have to use a t1 item to create a t2 prototype.
you CAN'T make a higher Prototype out of a lower Prototype wink

Forum Rule #5
Pyramid quoting, quoting excessive amounts of text or quoting without any senseful reply is forbidden. Only quote that is necessary to show what your reply refers to.

6 (edited by Alexander 2010-12-16 22:45:29)

Think of it as upgrading equipment and prototypes are the experimental versions. You need the previous level item to create the next level item.

Tiered production:
1) Prototype/Collect a standard module
2) Reverse and Produce standard module
3) Prototype t2 module
4) Reverse and produce t2 module while continuing to produce standard modules.
5) Prototype t3 module
6) Reverse and produce t3 module while continuing to produce standard and t2 modules.
7) Prototype t4 module
8) Reverse and produce t4 module while continuing to produce standard, t2 and t3 modules.

Note: When a CT drops below 40% it's advised to create a new one. This will mean creating a new prototype for that level or collecting another standard items. Standard items only need to be produced when the supply from NPCing drops to a level where production halts. Items must be repaired before they can be reversed or used in production of other modules.

The Game

7 (edited by Kruachan 2010-12-16 14:01:02)

Thank you to clarify the standard > T2 > T3 > T4 process smile

Some more questions :

• Step 2 can be avoided if you have looted enough standard modules, right ? (there not a schematic ID like in SWG I think)

• Can standard modules in Step 4 have to be repaired ? (just to save some cash)

If you're collecting standard modules and repairing them cheaper than they cost to make that can skip any step where production of a standard item required.

Items must be fully repaired to be used in production.

The Game

Alexander wrote:

Tiered production:
1) Prototype/Collect a standard module
2) Reverse and Produce standard module
3) Prototype t2 module
4) Reverse and produce t2 module while continuing to produce standard modules.
5) Prototype t3 module
6) Reverse and produce t3 module while continuing to produce standard and t2 modules.
7) Prototype t4 module
8) Reverse and produce t4 module while continuing to produce standard, t2 and t3 modules.

Should I not be trying to keep the T4 prototypes as they are superior to T4 from factory?
So step 8 should be ignored?

A prototype costs around 4x to 10x the cost of a mass produced item. If you're making them for yourself then sure, run with prototypes but if you die it'll be like losing a lot more robots. :@)

The Game

For modules its not an issue as the run size is 1 unit, but if they add named ammo to the game you'll need a full production run worth of the item to create a CT. For example you need to have 1000 missiles and the decoder to create (1) CT. When you prototype ammo, you do get a full production run output, just don't use any of them smile

In order to make a T2-4 item, prototype or regular, you need 1 of the item below it to produce it.  Alexanders explanation was just long winded and confusing.

You are basically upgrading the item during production/prototyping, so you need the one of the next lower level to start production.

I am Perpetuum's Most Dangerous Agent and an equal opportunity troll.
-> You just lost The Game <-
"Perpetuum sounds like a something I would stick up my *** for enjoyement." -Kaito Kurusaki

M2S sacrifices puppies and kittens to generate prototypes as well as the item being prototyed.

(Carebear clarification: The item you use in prototyping is consumed)

Arga wrote:

M2S sacrifices puppies and kittens to generate prototypes as well as the item being prototyed.

(Carebear clarification: The item you use in prototyping is consumed)

Hamsters actually..