Topic: Donate window

Should be a way to see your own current amount of RP

2 (edited by Burial 2013-07-14 12:54:30)

Re: Donate window

The donate button should also be visible under your personal research tab, you are donating these points afterall.

Burial wrote:

The donate button should also be visible under your personal research tab, you are donating these points afterall.

i think the point is that if you can donate to the corp then you have access to use the corp database.

Zortarg Calltar wrote:

i think the point is that if you can donate to the corp then you have access to use the corp database.

Not necessarily, and you bring up a good point. If we make the donate button available on the personal tab, then those corp members will also be able to donate who don't have any access to corp research.

donateButton.Visible = agent.IsHaveAccess();

smile

Make it visible/enabled only for those who have an appropriate rights.

6 (edited by Burial 2013-07-14 14:39:50)

Why shouldn't everybody be able to donate.. ?

There should also be a log of donations somewhere(maybe there already is).

Industrial Sector wrote:

Make it visible/enabled only for those who have an appropriate rights.

on the social level i can understand this and its defenetly the right thing to give your corp mates access if they donate.

on the other hand i think its for the corp leadership to decide. and any person should be able to donate something independent from access. may it be because he wants or may it be because its "expected" from the corp.

i think we should leave the decitions to the players and not to the game mechanics. and with that i have to agree with zoom that a donate button should be there even if you do not have rights.
if you need a option to allow donation for players is a thing that might be a bit off the roof... big_smile

Btw Burial have the point. Why should be people unable to donate at all? It's not they are taking those RP back, corp doesn't loose anything so why to manage that? Imagine that you need a passport and a signed application each time you want to spare some coins to a vagabond.

Roles should affect only visibility/usage IMO. To prevent any accidents, just add a confirmation window (with "Do not show this again" option) that will inform every donating person that action isn't reversable and let everyone donate at will.

Burial wrote:

Why shouldn't everybody be able to donate.. ?

There should also be a log of donations somewhere(maybe there already is).

+1

RIP PERPETUUM

Yes please donation log.

Ludlow Bursar wrote:

Yes please donation log.

+1 defenetly good one

Should the log be tied to access? And if so, should it be visible only for full access, or limited too?

It should definitely be tied to access and since it's only info, I think limited should be enough.

Burial wrote:

It should definitely be tied to access and since it's only info, I think limited should be enough.

information is power...

i would perfer for full acces only

Donation Log should be like agent "wallet" shows how much you personally have donated to the corp, should always be viewable to player but reset if the player leaves the corp.

Corp Donation log should be like corp wallet but has a running total of all members who have donated what type of Rp to the corp. should be visible to members who have full access to KB.

ANY member should be able to donate RP / NIC to the corp it should be a base function of corp membership. and both should be open to all members. all the time. with no rights needed. but only financial officer / KB full access officer can view running total logs.

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

So what's so crucial about donation logs that only those with full access should know?

DEV Zoom wrote:

So what's so crucial about donation logs that only those with full access should know?

I'm not sure tbh, any info from other players, let the corp leaders decide.

RIP PERPETUUM

I'd say if you trust someone to see and use the corporation's knowledgebase for prototyping, seeing who donated points is really inferior knowledge to that. Also, the log will list item unlocks too, which is useful for limited access users (to see what's new), so I think we'll stick with that choice.