1 (edited by Gooma 2013-05-28 13:42:24)

Topic: Open Letter to the devs

First off im aware that there are only 2 or maybe 3 people left working on this game i understand this. But Some things do need to be addressed. 

1. Mineral Fields - Its not real fun to scan down a field only to find some a$$hole has left only 1 square left. Newbies and Vets hit this all the time.  For the noobs its a major turnoff, and for vets its aggravating to say the least.

2.  Communication - Tell us how the research patch, missions, and steam are coming.  At least be honest with the few of us that are left here. That "soon" crap was funny at first but after 5 months... that horse id dead.  We can take the truth. Try it.

3 - Ep Reset -   If your going to change the research to where everything that many people have worked very hard for so they can produce T4 mods, and now after the patch wont be able to.  Bad form  And an ep reset is needed for many resaons. Hell make so only active subscriptions at set date only get it. But post that day in advance so people know. That will help population for a month or 2, in that time reinvest the money you get from that influx to ADVERTISE, there are many ways to do this. And thus the cycle can continue.

Now these are just a few of the Major things that needs to be addressed in the short term. Fanboy's need not reply, if you cant say anything nice, Apply to nebs or stc. And if don't agree with me that's fine. But look at general chat and notice there are only 30 people in it, that means a lot of people have already said what they think silently by not re-subbing.

Re: Open Letter to the devs

I agree with this post 100%. I welcome the change to industry but since the changes that are being made require EP then we should have a reset. Take a business class and you will learn that it takes 3x the resources to get new customers than retaining the customers you already have. Simple. We made our choices to spend our EP under the old system and because AC is choosing to change that system don't penalize the players who made choices under that old system.

I never come across fields with one tile, at least on alpha 1. Hasn't it already been confirmed that a field below a threshold will in fact be refilled/relocated?

I don't like the idea of an EP reset. Or introducing another 'bottleneck' in the industry chain, for that matter.

As for your other points, come back when you've read up on correlation and dependence.

Doek wrote:

I never come across fields with one tile, at least on alpha 1. Hasn't it already been confirmed that a field below a threshold will in fact be refilled/relocated?

I think the threshold is not proper. I already had a field on Telessis with 5-6 spots in dark green, took me to mine less than 10 U ore from all together until field vanished.

Gooma wrote:

First off im aware that there are only 2 or maybe 3 people left working on this game i understand this. But Some things do need to be addressed. 

1. Mineral Fields - Its not real fun to scan down a field only to find some a$$hole has left only 1 square left. Newbies and Vets hit this all the time.  For the noobs its a major turnoff, and for vets its aggravating to say the least.

2.  Communication - Tell us how the research patch, missions, and steam are coming.  At least be honest with the few of us that are left here. That "soon" crap was funny at first but after 5 months... that horse id dead.  We can take the truth. Try it.

3 - Ep Reset -   If your going to change the research to where everything that many people have worked very hard for so they can produce T4 mods, and now after the patch wont be able to.  Bad form  And an ep reset is needed for many resaons. Hell make so only active subscriptions at set date only get it. But post that day in advance so people know. That will help population for a month or 2, in that time reinvest the money you get from that influx to ADVERTISE, there are many ways to do this. And thus the cycle can continue.

Now these are just a few of the Major things that needs to be addressed in the short term. Fanboy's need not reply, if you cant say anything nice, Apply to nebs or stc. And if don't agree with me that's fine. But look at general chat and notice there are only 30 people in it, that means a lot of people have already said what they think silently by not re-subbing.

I thought this was a good post until you had to troll us......so go *** yourself.

2nd Top Killer 2012
02: 061 -- 353 -- 292 : Xadhoom

"Annihilator no fix for crashes when fighting burial/merkle/xadhoom ?"

1. We'll try to think of something, but we're open to suggestions as well.

2. These new bugs have now set us back by at least a week, but they happened due to some internal rewrites which help us stay more future-proof in return. Research is coming along nicely, Steam too, but we can't talk about the latter until we have everything set up, sorry. Missions and the rest comes after we deployed research.

3. We have other plans, we'll announce it when we get there.

Doek wrote:

There is such a mechanic, but as far as I know that doesn't (and can't) take lone but red tiles into consideration.

That's because he's not mining on alpha, or uses, or claims to be so new player relevant!  Look at my guide!  Look at my guide!  If Doek spent half his time actually playing the game and not being an over zealous fan boy, he might get it.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

DEV Zoom wrote:

2. These new bugs have now set us back by at least a week, but they happened due to some internal rewrites which help us stay more future-proof in return. Research is coming along nicely, Steam too, but we can't talk about the latter until we have everything set up, sorry. Missions and the rest comes after we deployed research.

3. We have other plans, we'll announce it when we get there.

Any thoughts on an affiliate scheme?

DEV Zoom wrote:

There's quite a few suggestions here, where you will find this post from you:

DEV Zoom wrote:

"Fields" do not exist from the viewpoint of the server, only tiles. The server periodically checks the overall amount of minerals contained in tiles on an island, and when it finds that the current amount is lower than a certain threshold, it will generate a new field at a random location.

These 'fields' do not exist for the server needs to change to: Server recongnises fields, and periodically checks for fragmented fields and removes them and automatically respawns elsewhere. This is not a big issue for most vets, but for new players it is a big turn off.

RIP PERPETUUM

I agree with Celebro.  Recently a fellow ex wow nerd friend of mine tried perpetuum.  He said *** it after the tutorial.

Ville wrote:

I agree with Celebro.  Recently a fellow ex wow nerd friend of mine tried perpetuum.  He said *** it after the tutorial.

Sure, because a solution to ore defragmentation = dumbing the game. tongue

RIP PERPETUUM

Is it so wrong to appeal to the masses?

I'm of the opinion it should start kinda theme park and then get steadily more sandbox. If you wanted to get put of the park in the sand you should have the option but let's ease folks in at the beginning.

I agree with Jita.

Ville wrote:

Is it so wrong to appeal to the masses?

I was being sarcastic on previous post btw , because are automatically assumed you were trolling.

Yes we should appeal to the widest audience possible, but without sacrificing the game's main theme.

RIP PERPETUUM

There is no "we" unless you're on AC's payroll.

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

To skip to the 'end' of the dumb-down, provide a mineral map of the entire island's resource while docked, and let the games begin.

Its been a little over a week, so i thought id add a few points to this for everyone.   

As far as the mineral fields, people leaving 1-5 green tiles all over so the field dont reset is bull. The mechanic i thought was out there is that these tiles would degrade and then disappear so field resets. If this is the case the degradation rate is far too slow.

Also 1 thing that i think everyone can agree upon is a way to move minerals, large amounts of them. Perhaps an ore compression. That would make moving stuff less cumbersome.

And as for the patch Still no updates and you said you have other ideas for ep reset.  Well we need an option to reset our ep plain and simple. Hell most of us that want it would pay to get it.  But definitely we want some info on things.  not asking the world, but give people something to look forward to   let them know whats going to be done with an HONEST timetable.  If not you will continue to have 20 people in gc.

7 last night.

Emptying a field spawns a new field instantly. Non-issue.

We already have a way to move massive amounts of minerals.  It would seem that you just don't want to take the time, or ask for help.  Your wanting the ability to move massive amounts of "U" with one or two characters.

As for berating, and consistently beating the DEV's heads in with, tell us stuff, tell us stuff.  They will when they have something to tell, as for now, sit and wait.

The mineral fields are just people being lazy, you want unlimited spawns of mins, but you dont want to go out and look for them, and when you do find them, you ***, saying its not enough.  Get over it smile and keep looking.

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

23 (edited by Gooma 2013-06-08 01:20:54)

Xadhoom is that you?,  cant wait for merkle to get back so you can re-gift the account back..   And thank you, you really didn't read the original post.  At least you proved me right smile U mad bro?   Lol   Of course you dont want info, you dont want to know what happens you just want it the same. Because when everyone comes back and actually start playing you will just get curb stomped yet again then we will listen to you whine that everyone is curb stomping you and its not fair because blah blah blah.  Your nerd rage delights me and many others more then you know.

Lolol even qwerty sees it now. Ha ha

When your argument fails, attack the person who stated a counter argument.

Keep at it, someday your have a good idea. smile

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13