Topic: The goings on in perpetuum.

Recently dropped in to check on things and had someone get me somewhat upto date on whats going on in perpetuum. Some of the rest I'm piecing together from the forums here, can anyone confirm/deny these?

1. Nebs and STC defeated CHAOS and PHM and CIR.

2. A Independent Gamma base was established.

3. Most of game's worst players like syndic and ville and the others we all know, now only troll the forum and play other games after getting temporary bans and losing all the fights.

4. Player population is really low, and not much fighting is happening.

Most of this is just hobbled together via forum posts. except the "game's worst players" part, that is established truth from before I left last.

Also a hello to all the vets still around. Been considering comming back with the new research patch. Since I was so damn close to getting 100% research.

Oldest player still in the game. Perpetuum for life.
Original Founder of M2S, may it rest in peace. sad
"Hungarian Math" is defined by the dictionary as "Just like normal math, but where each equation ends by dividing the sum by Potato."
-Shoutout to "Stranger Danger" for the "potato" comment.

2 (edited by Farm worker 2013-05-25 08:55:00)

Re: The goings on in perpetuum.

1. NeBs and STC defeated them mostly on beta, from what i can tell gamma has yet to be invaded,

2. yes a independent gamma was established on Rhaoshan.

3. much of that seems accurate except that only Ville got bans and CIR and Co along side 62nd and <12> won a number of fights on domhalarm.

4. pop is a lil low still, and PvP is a bit slow. but for the PvP that is happening... it is mostly happening on Hokkogorros, from what i can tell mostly AIC, JOKE, and maybe CHAOS vs. BKBNc and some of their allies it seems

That one forum warrior

well i dont realy think there is a way to win a game like this. and even if. we got termporary hold of that many beta outposts not because we physicly defeted all of them but more because most of them stoped playing the game. temporary or permanently... who knows.

besides that ... you still owe me 125mil nic...

1) nebs and stc lost all the fights but won the war. They basically alarm clocked until cir, 12, 62nd and assorted people from other corps got bored and went to play other games and then took undefended betas. Building on this they have already destroyed 12's undefended gamma base and stated their aim to do the same to the rest

2) independent gamma was established but appears that woefully underused.

3) nobody got bans, ville got a forum ban and chat ban but that's it. They left due to boredom after winning the fights and then not getting any Pvp as stc and nebs stopped turning up.

4) population is real low due mainly to the crappy intrusion system driving away players, natural attrition to real life not being offset by enough new blood, gamma base deaths killing corps like Rawr and the devs seeming indifference as to what creates a population. Pvp therefore is low.

5 (edited by Burial 2013-05-25 15:12:08)

Fourfingers Frankie wrote:

1) nebs and stc lost all the fights but won the war. They basically alarm clocked until cir, 12, 62nd and assorted people from other corps got bored and went to play other games

3) ... They left due to boredom after winning the fights and then not getting any Pvp as stc and nebs stopped turning up.

Who exactly stopped showing up? First point tells its your side, third point says its ours. lol

Personally the big problem with the game IMO is imbalance between alpha, beta and gamma, should be fixable with some tweaking.

Burial wrote:
Fourfingers Frankie wrote:

1) nebs and stc lost all the fights but won the war. They basically alarm clocked until cir, 12, 62nd and assorted people from other corps got bored and went to play other games

3) ... They left due to boredom after winning the fights and then not getting any Pvp as stc and nebs stopped turning up.

Who exactly stopped showing up? First point tells its your side, third point says its ours. lol

Personally the big problem with the game IMO is imbalance between alpha, beta and gamma, should be fixable with some tweaking.

Remove all liquid minerals from gamma ftw!

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

they left because someone stop supplying them ICE.....No one here stop fighting....you just stop logging in.

2nd Top Killer 2012
02: 061 -- 353 -- 292 : Xadhoom

"Annihilator no fix for crashes when fighting burial/merkle/xadhoom ?"

Blackomen wrote:

*News*

Can you add me to your news source : zLemon@gmail.com I enjoy these stories lol

Undefeated 2013
"Even alone you probably are one of the best" - Khader Khan
"Lemon the 1 man army .... also know as: THE TERMINATOR!" - Obi Wan
"There are people who are just better then you at doing many things at one time, some are far better then myself, far better." -Merkle

Xadhoom wrote:

they left because someone stop supplying them ICE.....No one here stop fighting....you just stop logging in.

I know this is a hard concept to grasp for simple minded people but it really does get old killing the same 8 people over and over again.  Maybe if you had the same opportunity you would understand lol

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Zortarg Calltar: I owe you 125m nic? Remind me what for? I thought I settled all debts long before I took my break.

Lemon: While I know your just trolling, I'll give you an actual response, this isn't "my" news, it's information I've gathered from some 20-40 forum posts I've cobbled together. And this thread, (We're you able to read it.) is me asking for confirmation of the accuracy of it all. From the posts so far, seems it's all fairly accurate, with minor incorrect details here and there.

Oldest player still in the game. Perpetuum for life.
Original Founder of M2S, may it rest in peace. sad
"Hungarian Math" is defined by the dictionary as "Just like normal math, but where each equation ends by dividing the sum by Potato."
-Shoutout to "Stranger Danger" for the "potato" comment.

Blackomen wrote:

Lemon: While I know your just trolling, I'll give you an actual response, this isn't "my" news, it's information I've gathered from some 20-40 forum posts I've cobbled together. And this thread, (We're you able to read it.) is me asking for confirmation of the accuracy of it all. From the posts so far, seems it's all fairly accurate, with minor incorrect details here and there.

Blackomen wrote:

1. Nebs and STC defeated CHAOS and PHM and CIR

It is always entertaining to read other perspectives and how they define events. I guess if defeat is having 49 Kills and No deaths, I am eager to see what happens when I am undefeated.

I was being serious, I would love to hear someone explain what lead to our defeat and demise.

Undefeated 2013
"There are people who are just better then you at doing many things at one time, some are far better then myself, far better." -Merkle

We kicked them in the balls a few times until they cried and went to play WOT. We started playing some other games while Perp pop grows up a little bit more. We heard a few of the survivors were capping outposts, but tbh not a single *** was given. If we want outposts we'll take them. Pretty sure 12/62nd are on the same page, they know where to find us if they need a hand.

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

13 (edited by BeastmodeGuNs 2013-05-26 07:56:48)

Azyre wrote:

2,3, and 4 are correct.

1 isn't defeat, we defended Dom from the onslaught of stc and co, only to have them not show up after they lost a few times.  Once our side got bored, and went to play other games, stc and co took hold of this opportunity and seized everything they could.  We didn't defend or fight back because our side was off doing other things, other games, rl stuff, that's not defeat, that's being tired of alarm clocking everything for a few good fights in the beginning.

Their words after several fights like this:

http://www.perp-kill.net/?m=related&id=253487
http://www.perp-kill.net/?m=related&id=253364
http://www.perp-kill.net/?m=related&id=253322
http://www.perp-kill.net/?m=related&id=253290
http://www.perp-kill.net/?m=related&id=253701

"There's just no point"

you must remember Az, wins and nice kills were had from our side too, even though smaller, was same case  during the norhoop wars TBH except the fact that the rolls of attack and defense were switched....

Same fight:
http://www.perp-kill.net/?m=related&id=253270
http://www.perp-kill.net/?m=related&id=253274
--------------------------------------------------------
http://www.perp-kill.net/?m=related&id=253331
-------------------------------------------------------
Same fight:
http://www.perp-kill.net/?m=related&id=253432
http://www.perp-kill.net/?m=related&id=253430
-----------------------------------------------------
http://www.perp-kill.net/?m=related&id=253412
-----------------------------------------------------
http://www.perp-kill.net/?m=related&id=253192

Note: dont forget that much of those killmails you showed az tended to be a bit inaccurate since ewar did not show on the killmails back in the day. im not complaining, im just saying.

Oh and to blackomen: nice to hear your considering coming back into perp after the research patch is released, would be nice to see some players return to the game!

Reading this signature fills you with determination.

14 (edited by Burial 2013-05-26 09:06:08)

When commenting Dom campaign after it has ended, I can say that we decided to not fight the big combined fleet whenever you got it together, because the odds were too bad. We decided on alternative strategy and it reaped the benefits. You had a lot of chances for great PVP during all the SAPs we attacked during those weeks but it was your choice that you didnt want to engage unless you had everything but the kitchensink on the field. The WOT comment has to be an inside joke on your side because only a couple of us play that game.

The whole Dom campaign for myself personally was a lot of fun and I hope I can do something similar again in the future. smile

Prior to Ville & brosefs icing 6 of us who volunteered to come back, you seemed quite happy strutting around the place with 10-15 seths + assorted followbots + kitchensinks.

You didn't decide on an alternative strategy, you recognized your inability to do anything but blow up when fighting us and did the logical thing to only attack SAPs we didn't bother to defend. We recognized our inability to get PVP in Perp and decided that logically without PVP we don't want those outposts anyway.

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

16 (edited by Homer J Simpson 2013-05-26 23:30:34)

Blackomen wrote:

, this isn't "my" news, it's information I've gathered from some 20-40 forum posts I've cobbled together.

I wouldnt trust 60% of whats said on these forums .... smile
This game hasn't had a good proper war for over a year now sad

17 (edited by Burial 2013-05-27 08:19:16)

Norrdec wrote:

Prior to Ville & brosefs icing 6 of us who volunteered to come back, you seemed quite happy strutting around the place with 10-15 seths + assorted followbots + kitchensinks.

You didn't decide on an alternative strategy, you recognized your inability to do anything but blow up when fighting us and did the logical thing to only attack SAPs we didn't bother to defend. We recognized our inability to get PVP in Perp and decided that logically without PVP we don't want those outposts anyway.

I didn't mention the times before your corp joined up with PHM, AIC, 12 and 62nd at all so I'm not sure why you are dragging it into discussion. If you are saying our strategy was different before and after those events then you are right. smile

Burial wrote:

I didn't mention the times before your corp joined up with PHM, AIC, 12 and 62nd at all so I'm not sure why you are dragging it into discussion. If you are saying our strategy was different before and after those events then you are right. smile

Was it not PHM, AIC, and neoChoas vs Merkle n Co + 12.

TBH the fact that if the officers within a corp log in can cause a drastic shift to the power within- game then we have more issues than arguing the accuracy of history. Hey, then again 3 of 30 is 10% lol

Undefeated 2013

12 helped us for a brief amount of time on Landers, after that our roads unfortunately split, but we keep good respect towards most of them. smile

so much respect you'd kill their gamma while they are afk! Brofist!

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Fair game if looking at recent events. smile

Only one reason why you'd kill people's base who are away from game.

Fear.

Fear leads to hate, hate leads to suffering and suffering leads to you never leaving your mommy's basement.

With so much *** and moaning I am starting to think Az isn't the only female on your side that played.. It gets rather old to be honest.. In my short time in this game and on Dom I can tell you with certainty if the numbers were even STC/Nebs ext were given the sap while the others sat near station waiting for more numbers.. By the time you guys had a 2 to 1 advantage we had already gotten the sap , dropped beacons and were on our way.. To which we got comments like "You guys *** out TP like rabbits " when it was the *** *** on the 12 cir ext.. side not willing to engage without numbers on your side..

When we would pass on an engagement due to 2 to 1 or worse odds we were deemed cowards and talked *** about . When you had even numbers and sat waiting for more while we took your saps some how you were the victims .. It is this very line of *** bullshit that pushes new people away.. Myself being one of them.. But I am hanging around , for when the *** get tired of hacking Darkfall and come back.. I will be more than happy to shove a missile up each and every one of those bigot's ***.

Jita wrote:

so much respect you'd kill their gamma while they are afk! Brofist!

we killed it because we felt like it nothing more.

2nd Top Killer 2012
02: 061 -- 353 -- 292 : Xadhoom

"Annihilator no fix for crashes when fighting burial/merkle/xadhoom ?"

Liquidus wrote:

With so much *** and moaning I am starting to think Az isn't the only female on your side that played.. It gets rather old to be honest.. In my short time in this game and on Dom I can tell you with certainty if the numbers were even STC/Nebs ext were given the sap while the others sat near station waiting for more numbers.. By the time you guys had a 2 to 1 advantage we had already gotten the sap , dropped beacons and were on our way.. To which we got comments like "You guys *** out TP like rabbits " when it was the *** *** on the 12 cir ext.. side not willing to engage without numbers on your side..

When we would pass on an engagement due to 2 to 1 or worse odds we were deemed cowards and talked *** about . When you had even numbers and sat waiting for more while we took your saps some how you were the victims .. It is this very line of *** bullshit that pushes new people away.. Myself being one of them.. But I am hanging around , for when the *** get tired of hacking Darkfall and come back.. I will be more than happy to shove a missile up each and every one of those bigot's ***.

I wasn't around for this particular fight but I can tell you that you are NOT on a side that doesn't do the same ***. Undocking in heavies when the only mech we have is an Ictus. Some players take their epeen way too seriously in this game. *** I've been party to an FC who commanded us not to undock because if we died then the other side would have 2 more kills than they did on the KB and they would be listed as second when the only thing I wanted to do was have some fun PvP. Before you go running your mouth, I was on your side when that *** went down. It almost seems like people cant take losing in a game that is supposed to be fun cause this is all they seem to have.