Re: Corp Vs Corp

+1

27 (edited by Tux 2013-05-17 18:14:13)

Tund Bungler wrote:

I agree with Tux, something like this is needed in the game. I say we take it a step further; be able to wardec individual players. Otherwise the care bears will just take a 7 day vacation to the noob corp like they do in eve.

More player made missions : Headhunter bounties yarr

Player can be killed anytime anywhere

but to be fair bounties should start at around 100M

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

I support headhunter bounties.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

If PVP grinds them out, they are going to quit anyway.

I still fondly remember the toggies, their walls, field cans and most importantly their little petitions.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

30 (edited by Abyss 2013-05-18 23:27:49)

Reading these suggestions,be it this corp wardec or your newest bounty hunter idea, it only seems to have the single purpose of getting around the alpha no pvp restriction.

However before I simply say omgwtf disagree or something like that which could be taken as an insult or being rude, lets instead play this scenario out in our heads first.

Perpetuum introduces bounty hunting, minimum 100m, and the target can be killed anywhere.

So what would happen?

With a 100m minimum it would be guaranteed that only wealthy players are able to set a bounty. This would eventually lead to a scenario of: <insert player with lots of cash who wants to be a jerk here> Hey new player, either you do what I say (ie: pay me, harvest/mine for me) or I simply put a bounty on your head. Over and over again until you stop playing.

And now what if another wealthy player B simply announces: if you pay player A I will put a bounty on your head instead cause he is my enemy and therefore you are too.

This will create a very unhealthy and unhappy community, well at least those who stay. Because I guarantee you, perpetuum would loose ALOT of players and in its current state - this would be devastating.

Also lets look at the "Fun" perspective. I understand how such a bounty system would be fun for you, because it does benefit dominant corporations, while supressing and thus ruin the fun for the majority (any new players or simply casual players) of the playerbase.

You might say not everyone is a jerk and would do this!
-This is the internet, home of trolls. If it can happen, it will happen.

Now you of course could say but what if we lower the bounty so anyone could afford it? Well, then it would be exactly the same as removing syndicate protection on alpha islands completely. And is this a good idea? Well let me put it this way, if it would be, it would be that way already.

So do you yourself still think such a system would be a brilliant idea / Would perpetuum really be a better game?

So exact same bounty program except not on alpha...

Certainly any kind of bounty program would never work. We should nEVEr consider them in ONLINE games.

Well seeing how If people would put a bounty on myself, I would simply get a alt and kill, well me.  Profit?

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

bounty is not about killing you once. you set a certain amount of nic as bounty. dependent how much financial loss your kill has brought to the person with the bounty you get a certain sum of it. usually you get less money as what you just destroyed.

if you kill a arhke... that is worth zero nic.. then you get zero bounty.

Someones been playing that other game.....

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

No where in this thread did I say these mechanics are needed now... soon yes ...

as for the bounty system you can tweak it in all kinds of ways so the bounty states something like

Bounty:
500M ~ Merkle MK2 Mesmer
400M ~ Merkle MK1 Mesmer
300M ~ Merkle MK2 Kain
200M ~ Merkle MK1 Kain
100M ~ Merkle Argano ( running missions on hokko)

or what ever combinations would work ... just more depth to the game is better.

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … -bounties/