Re: Shield reactivating time needs to be long

My last 2 experiment against Tyrannos as I used Kain. I had no chance to any point of the battle to hit, or even kill shielded, proper fitted Tyrannos.

I hardly doubt you can kill with Kain mk2 a Tyrannos mk2 with shield, say the fittings who can. I mean real battle not testing.

I would like play 1v1 also the game not just team vs team. But dont want to ruin Pelistal players so we should find some solution. I dont know how can be solve, this is hard question.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Did you have injector? Generally you just need few shots when he has shield down(shooting you) and he is down.

28 (edited by Goffer 2013-04-24 06:39:58)

I support Inda, as you have usually no chance to see the time when shield is down beside the moment you see missles flying towards you, but at this moment shield is up again. If the other side is in shortest possible shield cycle, you could try to learn that cycle and fire in that cycle, but the other side would be silly, to get the volley second time. You should be aware, that even 100ms lag is large enough, to ensure shielded bot can only be hit by luck, which is no good possition to even enter fight.

29 (edited by Martha Stuart 2013-04-25 02:36:07)

You cant "Solve" this problem, because there isn't a problem.  If you increase the time it takes to raise shields, you would make green pilots completely helpless on the battlefield.  I don't see any blue or red pilots "Armor" taking to long to go back up do you?  Green pilots are already the weakest DPS'ers on the field, now you want to make then even weaker?  Getting shot by a Tyro mk2 is equivalent to some one scratching your paint job.  This change wouldn't affect all the shield users either. it would just screw over anyone who flies a Tyro.

Basically you want to screw over the Tyro pilots, but allow all the other classes who use shields to keep on doing what they are doing?  you want to make shields Fair, fine.  Make it so EWAR cannot be used with shields up.  That would put them on an equal footing with the Tyros.  Not to mention the tyros are about as paper thin as the EWAR bots are.

Goffer wrote:

I support Inda, as you have usually no chance to see the time when shield is down beside the moment you see missles flying towards you, but at this moment shield is up again. If the other side is in shortest possible shield cycle, you could try to learn that cycle and fire in that cycle, but the other side would be silly, to get the volley second time. You should be aware, that even 100ms lag is large enough, to ensure shielded bot can only be hit by luck, which is no good possition to even enter fight.

Exactly, hard to do it visually, but you need to have a good feeling when the shields could come off. wink

31 (edited by Simmy 2013-04-25 20:23:29)

Tyrannos pilot needs good player skills to get the most out of it. Cycling shields , using cover, watching radar, HUD,landmarks all at the same time and with low dps, its really hard as it is.

Inda: you got beaten by really good pilots

Celebro's body guard