Topic: Crit Hit

Hey Gang,

You guys have been helpful so far so I thought I would ask another noob question; what is the default crit for a weapon and is it different for each weapon?

I tried to locate this information and I failed sad

2 (edited by Lupus Aurelius 2010-12-15 17:59:03)

Re: Crit Hit

It's not "weapon" based.  It is either a bonus of the bot/mech itself, and/or skill dependant.

Example:  Baphomet gets the following bonus' per level that basic robotics is trained:

Effect                  Bonus
Critical hit chance    1 %
Small laser damage    5 %
Accumulator capacity    5 %

If you have Basic Robotics to 4, the bot gives you a 4% bonus to critical hit chance.

Second is the Critical Hit skill:
"Each level of this extension raises the chance of causing a critical hit by an additional 1%.
Primary attribute: Tactics
Secondary attribute: Mechatronics"

Having Critical hit trained to 5 will give you a 5% increase in crit hit chance.

In the gods we trust, all others bring data!

^^^^

You rock!

Ahhhh You make this too complicated, I just slam spacebar and hope for the best

A crit does 1.75 times the default damage. The maximum crit chance is 20% I believe (10% from robot bonus, 10% from extensions). That's 15% extra DPS at maximum.

in theory - 10% crit extension + 10% Bot bonus + 8% NEXUS

but ist very unlikely to see someone with lvl10 crit nexus.

Forum Rule #5
Pyramid quoting, quoting excessive amounts of text or quoting without any senseful reply is forbidden. Only quote that is necessary to show what your reply refers to.

Lupus Aurelius wrote:

It's not "weapon" based.  It is either a bonus of the bot/mech itself, and/or skill dependant.

Example:  Baphomet gets the following bonus' per level that basic robotics is trained:

Effect                  Bonus
Critical hit chance    1 %
Small laser damage    5 %
Accumulator capacity    5 %

If you have Basic Robotics to 4, the bot gives you a 4% bonus to critical hit chance.

Second is the Critical Hit skill:
"Each level of this extension raises the chance of causing a critical hit by an additional 1%.
Primary attribute: Tactics
Secondary attribute: Mechatronics"

Having Critical hit trained to 5 will give you a 5% increase in crit hit chance.

That's really informative, sticky that *** 'cause I researched like crazy and never knew about the robot control increasing baph's crit %.

I'm obsessed with crit. <3

Critical hit is an awful extension. For such a high lvl extension (6 on full comabt agent) the returns are awful. If crit works as you would expect it to, it average <1% dmg increase over time.

There if ofc a chance you will get a lucky crit string and annihilate someone, but just as much chance you will go whole fights without getting even one.

Unless you have everything relevant to comabt at 5, or even more, I would not touch crit with a barge pole until Devs have another look at its cost.

Level 1 crit will increase your theoretical dps by 0.75%

Level 10 crit will increase your theoretical dps by 0.702%

Its safe to say that this skill certainly inst one you want to rush to get high levels.  Especially if you're a missile user, you want to level up your missile guidance at least 2 levels more than crit on average.  Consistent damage is much more valuable than spike damage, especially with missiles.

I am Perpetuum's Most Dangerous Agent and an equal opportunity troll.
-> You just lost The Game <-
"Perpetuum sounds like a something I would stick up my *** for enjoyement." -Kaito Kurusaki

Neoxx wrote:

Its safe to say that this skill certainly inst one you want to rush to get high levels.  Especially if you're a missile user, you want to level up your missile guidance at least 2 levels more than crit on average.  Consistent damage is much more valuable than spike damage, especially with missiles.

math fail detected

Siddy wrote:
Neoxx wrote:

math fail detected

Your statistics can suck my ***.

I am Perpetuum's Most Dangerous Agent and an equal opportunity troll.
-> You just lost The Game <-
"Perpetuum sounds like a something I would stick up my *** for enjoyement." -Kaito Kurusaki

Siddy wrote:
Neoxx wrote:

math fail detected

100 1 dmg shots at 9% crit deal 106,75 damage ( 91 normal hits @ 1 dmg, 9 crits @ 1,75 dmg )

100 1 dmg shots at 10% crit deal 107,5 damage ( 90 normal hits @ 1 dmg and 10 crits @ 1,75 dmg )

107,5/106,75 = 1,00702 = a 0,702% increase.

For a thelodica bot with maxed robotics it's even worse. Only a 0,656% increase going from lvl 9 crit to lvl 10.

*Insert really awesome sig here*