Topic: Combat log updates for 2013 ??? what happened

Last year you guys would post atleast 1 monthy update sometimes even 3. We are 4 months into 2013 and you haven't posted anything.

Whats up ????

2nd Top Killer 2012
02: 061 -- 353 -- 292 : Xadhoom

"Annihilator no fix for crashes when fighting burial/merkle/xadhoom ?"

Re: Combat log updates for 2013 ??? what happened

It's quite simple really: what we did during this time to the game you can read about in the patch notes. What we wrote in the blog is still being worked on and we'll post news when there is news. It's taking longer than anticipated, that's all. And I can't write a blog about it taking longer... "Hey guys, we still don't have anything new to show, kthxbye."

I think what we're all wanting is a new rough estimate of how long. That's all.

I know, but if I'd had a rough estimate it would mean most of the work is done and we'd have a blog already.

Where did the original rough estimate come from if it's that bad?

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

I guess optimism and more resources than we have now.

means less than half done, and by the Hungarian arithmetic gets the date patch after 7 months.

Please be patient))

Can I ask an indiscreet question?
How much is left of the old development team?

@Zoom, 6+ monthes out still?

The research patch? I don't want to tell another overly optimistic date at this point, but if it would still take us 6 months then we'd be doing something very wrong.

DEV Zoom wrote:

but if it would still take us 6 months then we'd be doing something very wrong.

You are only human and things come up,  We do understand that, but most of us are looking for a conservative generalization when to expect hope and new content back into the game.  We don't expect miracles but at the same time we want this game to survive and do well.  But there is only so long some can hold out.

DEV Zoom wrote:

The research patch? I don't want to tell another overly optimistic date at this point, but if it would still take us 6 months then we'd be doing something very wrong.

Well its been 4 months so far, so 2 more is 6 months, and yes your doing something very wrong.  Now if we take the  original timeline, multiply that by 2 like most say, plus the number of people in general chat, add the number of updates made since original post.. oops never mind i cant do hungarian math.

Gooma wrote:

Well its been 4 months so far ...

Sorry to be "that guy". You know the really pedantic and annoying one but ....

I wish people would stop saying "it's four months ... it's three months" and  ..."time's up, chummy" when we only just get into March.

We're only a week past the 3 month mark.

Stop spinning it to make it sound worse than it is.

Lol nothing else to do and i do love a good troll smile    hey ludlow

Personally I don't believe anyone in their right mind would mind if it took 12 months to deliver the content if there was an ongoing dialogue between the devs and the community.

Let's examine the combat log, it usually tells a reliable story;

December 2012 (1)
November 2012 (1)
October 2012 (3)
September 2012 (1)
August 2012 (1)
July 2012 (2)
June 2012 (1)
May 2012 (1)
April 2012 (1)
March 2012 (5)
February 2012 (1)
January 2012 (1)
December 2011 (3)
November 2011 (4)
October 2011 (5)
September 2011 (2)
August 2011 (1)
July 2011 (3)
June 2011 (4)
May 2011 (2)
April 2011 (3)
March 2011 (3)
February 2011 (3)
January 2011 (7)

Disregarding the statistical anomaly in March 2012, I would draw the conclusion that something went wrong or something happened between December 2011 and January 2012, because that is the point where the communication goes from 2-3+ times a month to 1 a month, and in this year to 0 a month.

I don't know if thats correlated to any downsizing of the Dev team as there's quite a few rumors out there, but there is a problem in a lot less communication between the devs and the players. Thats a fact, everything else is guesstimates.

From a veteran's perspective Zoom, I remember that you guys used to go out of your way to post about broken toasters, candybars and random stuff when there wasn't anything to post in the past. I won't hazard a guess as to why that stopped, but personally I liked and respected those down-to-earth-gamer devs a lot more then the ones we have today.

CIR Complaint Form

Ludlow Bursar wrote:
Gooma wrote:

Well its been 4 months so far ...

Sorry to be "that guy". You know the really pedantic and annoying one but ....

I wish people would stop saying "it's four months ... it's three months" and  ..."time's up, chummy" when we only just get into March.

We're only a week past the 3 month mark.

Stop spinning it to make it sound worse than it is.

He forgot to divide by potato.

The toaster-type posts have stopped because honestly we're afraid to post anything that's not about real development progress. I'm pretty sure if we did such a post now, 99% of the comments would revolve around "are you effin kidding me".

If only the Devs didnt have to read hundreds of posts from whiny *** players, think what they could have done by now....

Theres like 3-4 new posts a day on this forum, if that. LARP forums have more posts about wizards and lightning bolts.

CIR Complaint Form

Shadowphile wrote:

If only the Devs didnt have to read hundreds of posts from whiny *** players, think what they could have done by now....

If only he didn't have to read through 100s of reports complaining about super leet trolls telling the truth.

22 (edited by Farm worker 2013-04-09 23:36:00)

Vroom wrote:
Shadowphile wrote:

If only he didn't have to read through 100s of reports complaining about super leet trolls telling the truth.

If only he didn't have to spend time constantly moderating your posts and topics

That one forum warrior

DEV Zoom wrote:

The toaster-type posts have stopped because honestly we're afraid to post anything that's not about real development progress. I'm pretty sure if we did such a post now, 99% of the comments would revolve around "are you effin kidding me".

Told ya lots of time - ANY kind of news are ok. especially if you have nothing to say so far. People are becoming nervous when there is no single word from DEVs.

Look at that "Shooting plants" thread - 2 pages in few days, and that would continue even now if you add a post or two.

Such questions and/or polls do keep people interested, as they feel that they aren't forgotten. Blog could contain few posts about "Oh god I was working on %feature_name% but %other_dev_name% suddenly fell uncosinous because he didn't slept for 3 days, and while fallng, he unplugged my pc and I didn't saved my progress"

In fact, people just want to know that you're still there, still fine, and still working on patches. Details of progress aren't necessary.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

I was thinking about putting some quote here about the journey, not the end.

DON'T GIVE UP DEVS!!!!!   Take a few minutes to serf the web and l see what people are looking for in a game and you will realize you have that game well on its way. Sure it might need a few tweeks and added content for the vets in game, But Perpetuum is an amazing game. If we look at everything perpetuum right now no one can say this dev team has not produces great things. Anyone who does say that, Tell them to take there programming skills and make one so we can all criticize there work. I promise you Perpetuum Development team you are on the verge of a top selling game. DON'T GIVE UP!!!!

Oh and the game needs more short time activities for the not so hard core players so get to work because only my opinion matters. lol