Topic: do bots / assault bots stay useful?

hey all, new player here, just wondering if bots and assault bots continue to have a role after mechs come into play. say solo or smallllll group pvp, can they do any kind of damage worth using or are they purely used for tackle once people start rolling mechs onto the field?
cheers

ps also, what's the stEVE thing? i musta missed that =3

Re: do bots / assault bots stay useful?

Two Intakts met two Kains. One kain died and the other kain ran away.

Ah the joys of beta. Mechs are not the be all and end all. I've seen mechs die to spawns. They're not as good as everyone things, mechs are made to fight mechs.

The Game

3 (edited by Gremrod 2010-12-12 18:33:42)

Yes, they have their roles in group pvp etc.

stEVE is the name used to refer to EVE O. (Long story short) is was a typo I did one night and it stuck.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

yeah i knew it was about eve tongue just didn't know where the st came from.
thanks for the replies. one more question if i may - what's the viability of the ewar bots for solo pvp? if 2 of them took on 2 mechs, can 1 of them take on 1 bot or mech? if piloted well.

5 (edited by Zhyntil 2010-12-12 19:34:54)

superfuzz wrote:

yeah i knew it was about eve tongue just didn't know where the st came from.
thanks for the replies. one more question if i may - what's the viability of the ewar bots for solo pvp? if 2 of them took on 2 mechs, can 1 of them take on 1 bot or mech? if piloted well.

Anything can happen when something is piloted well, planned well, or fought well. There is far more to any type of conflict than sheer numbers of weight, size, weapons, etc.
Even in real life.....there was a fight in WWII a good chunk of the Japanese navy fought a few destroyers and light aircraft carriers......The Japanese lost a few Heavy cruisers and ran. Just one of the four battleships the Japanese had weighed more than the entire US group there.

Who the $#@% is stEvE?

Lights and assaults will become less and less useful as time goes on. Right now the advantage of a mech is low because of the relatively high number of lights and assualts.

I think taking basic robotics or any small wepaon skills over 5 is a complete waste as things stand. AC have a clear progression path mapped out which does not include lights or assaults being a sound competitve option, however well fitted or specced.

I'm sure they will implement more bots utilizing basic robotics.

Kaito Kurusaki wrote:

I'm sure they will implement more bots utilizing basic robotics.

im pretty sure about that.

also, a fully trained assault bot can hurt a mech or heavy mech in the right hands, and that with much lower costs in EP or NIC for equipment.

Plated Arbalest meet Mesmer (auto equiped), Artemis & Kain. Mesmer dies and soon after arb was killed two. Still, bots are useful always smile

larger weapons have a harder time doing damage to smaller targets, so smaller bots will not face one shot situations and won't become completely obsolete.

Assault Bots are useful in PvE

Assault Bots will be useful in PvP and in a mixed group of mechs / bots

if u are specialized just in small bots, you can kick-ass an Mech who just sit in his duck

My Opinion: I like the small assault mechs! fast viable and stingy big_smile

Actually took out a Kain in my Baph today, so its not all doom and gloom. Thats with standard mods, except t2 rep, and far from optimal EP layout.

lol Volgrim its great your all pvp and its fun trading kills but remember how my kain completely eat you alive? It helps when the person driving it is not being dumb and half afk.

Light autocannons do more damage than medium HCL lasers. The damage difference between light and medium weapons isn't huge. 3 light bots do more damage and have more armor than 1 mech, and cost considerably less. I don't see them ever being redundant.

Vesin wrote:

lol Volgrim its great your all pvp and its fun trading kills but remember how my kain completely eat you alive? It helps when the person driving it is not being dumb and half afk.

Also helps when you have an intakt helping you.