Topic: Terraforming Beacons.

When using a terraforming beacon, if you drop it too close to something an error message of "within 1000 M of something" this value is wrong it should be 225 meters.

Re: Terraforming Beacons.

Umm I don't think we ever set any limit to 225 meters...

Well they been screwed up since Gamma Launch fyi if the range was suppossed to be 1K Meters

ville, get off the bottle and stfu!

5 (edited by Burial 2013-03-21 20:35:46)

I've noticed the range to be around 220-240m too. I thought you are aware of this bug. Wouldn't 1000m be too much though?

I'll check what's up.

I mean it's fine now, just the error message being change would be nice.

wait whats going on.... If you DEVs are going to change the terraforming distance from buildings can you let us know ? right now the actual min distance that you can drop a TF probe is 190m.

If you DEVs are going to change this can you give us more notice than a day or so?

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Noone said it's going to be changed, the bug is apparently a wrong error message.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Noone said it's going to be changed, the bug is apparently a wrong error message.

+1! <3

DEV Zoom wrote:

Oh thank the maker

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

DEV Zoom wrote:

What's the correct distance? And is it from a terminal or buildings?

We are talking about structures other than terminals.

14 (edited by Ludlow Bursar 2013-03-22 09:17:22)

Having tested this over the last 9 months I concluded that minimum distance is equal to the beacon's optimal + falloff from a building's occupied area (note occupied area, not footprint).

Therefore the minimum distance from a building will depend on the the building.

About 225 to 240.

This is now set to a fixed 250m, updated the error accordingly.